• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this?

2014-03-13-planning-bryan.jpg

Ithil

B5KI3vJIUAArJmp.jpg

"And that leaves..."

Perfect phrase.

Big Show lost at Royal Rumble 2003 against Lesnar, and Kurt Angle was WWE champion. That match was for a spot to get into the Rumble, which Lesnar got into and won.
Big Show won the WWE title from Lesnar at Survivor Series 2002.

Just saying.

Anth0ny

That Reigns Superman promo from last night...

how the fuck does that promo get on tv

did they hire a high school kid to write that shit?

doesn't reigns realize how much of an idiot he looks like on live tv reading that crap?

i feel like if a writer handed that script to punk he would literally drop his pants and wipe his ass with it. reigns needs to speak up.

That TNA reality news, lol... nail in the coffin.

They will probably get 200-300k viewers. I don't know if that will make Destination America happy or not. I imagine Lucha Underground gets more than that with it's spanish version on Telemundo or Univision or whatever. ROH also apparently gets more than that with it's local airings when all stations are factored in.

Marvel

could never
They will probably get 200-300k viewers. I don't know if that will make Destination America happy or not. I imagine Lucha Underground gets more than that with it's spanish version on Telemundo or Univision or whatever. ROH also apparently gets more than that with it's local airings when all stations are factored in.

Yeah I'd say so.

jmdajr

I rejoined Gamefly for One Dollar for the month, and quit on the last day. I was able to beat Infamous 2nd Son and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. Enjoyed both. COD is just mindless stuff which is perfect for me these days. I also really enjoyed the powers and Gameplay of Infamous. Actually completed all the side quests and everything.

Anyway...thanks Gamefly!

So I get up today and see that there's an offer for 'sling tv' on my xbone. As someone who cut their cable this sounds great, but USA network isn't on it >[

I actually want to watch raw sometimes, I usually stay in on monday nights anyway.

It DOES have TNT (NOT ONLY TNN, BUT ALSO....TNN...TURNER, NETWORK, TELEVISION) and TBS though, why oh why can't we be in the alternate universe where wcw won and ted turner didn't bank on dot-coms >[

Oh no wonder USA ain't on it:

"We created the live internet tv service for milennial consumers underserved by the pay-TV industry".

¡HarlequinPanic!;146222834 said:
So I get up today and see that there's an offer for 'sling tv' on my xbone. As someone who cut their cable this sounds great, but USA network isn't on it >[

I actually want to watch raw sometimes, I usually stay in on monday nights anyway.

It DOES have TNT (NOT ONLY TNN, BUT ALSO....TNN...TURNER, NETWORK, TELEVISION) and TBS though, why oh why can't we be in the alternate universe where wcw won and ted turner didn't bank on dot-coms >[

Oh no wonder USA ain't on it:

"We created the live internet tv service for milennial consumers underserved by the pay-TV industry".

This is a rip off. Since you already have cable tv, you can usually get an addon package of all cable channels for like $20 more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dating a girl that straight up asks me if I have UFC FightPass so we can watch MMA. So far so good...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;146223491 said:
I don't have cable tv at all, this doesn't sound like a rip off. Am I missing something?

Do I need dish tv to have it? cause then yeah that's totally a rip off 8)

Not a ripoff if it fits your needs at the right price point

Its 20 bucks a month and I don't need dish. If it had USA it'd be worth it to me for sure.

I know you're feelin burned having backed that 2k15 horse for so long bobo but not everyone is out to get you!

Cable seems a dying medium, even in the UK the Freeview stuff has an 'OK' choice of channels. If you want movies you can always sub to Netflix, if you want wrestling the WWE Network is there now (minus live weekly shows). The only reason I keep Sky is for Sky Sports, but even then I get a huge discount via work's partnership with Sky.

If I didn't... I probably wouldn't bother. If there was a World Football Network I'd be all over it, but football licenses are so damn stupid it'll never happen.

T.A.L

They missed out so hard with Christian during his Captain Charisma run. He was so good then, Tomko was a great heater and that theme.

Sephzilla

Sling TV is almost good enough to get me to sign up. Problem is that most of the stuff I'd want to watch (Packer games and Brewer games) aren't carried on ESPN most of the time. Plus yeah, no USA network.

Sling TV is a step in the right direction though. Traditional cable TV as we know it needs to die or go to a "you pick your channels" format

¡HarlequinPanic!;146223491 said:
I don't have cable tv at all, this doesn't sound like a rip off. Am I missing something?

Do I need dish tv to have it? cause then yeah that's totally a rip off 8)

Who do you have internet through? Do they offer tv? If they do, there are always promotions for tv and internet, which usually ends up being about $20 more than just internet for basic cable. What internet provider do you have and what internet package do you have?

imBask

Banned
Sling TV is almost good enough to get me to sign up. Problem is that most of the stuff I'd want to watch (Packer games and Brewer games) aren't carried on ESPN most of the time. Plus yeah, no USA network.

Sling TV is a step in the right direction though. Traditional cable TV as we know it needs to die or go to a "you pick your channels" format

Coming to Canada in 2069, along with the actual WWE Network and the actual Netflix!

Dixie Carter on Busted Open said:
On TNA's taping schedule and plans going forward:
"I don't think we're gonna get too far ahead, but the changes we want to make, if we don't tape the way we want to, we're not going to pull it off from a timing perspective. Some of the things we wanted to try, technology was not there. Now we can do that, but with the help of post production...We're going to be filming stuff that people don't know what it is. So there will be surprises...To make it a true television show and to put the kind of time and do these new things we want to be doing, it's going to take post-production. The shows will be different."

Amazing how people can be involved in anything for over a decade (especially "operating or running company") and still not understand it

XenoRaven

I just wanted to thank Marvel for being the first person to say that Brock Lesnar beating the Undertaker's streak was the "sport event" that most destroyed him.

Who do you have internet through? Do they offer tv? If they do, there are always promotions for tv and internet, which usually ends up being about $20 more than just internet for basic cable. What internet provider do you have and what internet package do you have?

I have Fios, and am not sure I've run into pricing that aggressive here in NYC yet, Time Warner were some real ass carny mother fuckers too when I had them. Cablevision was okay, they had a plan that was about 40 dollars more for basic. I get what you're saying but as a filthy milennial transient that's moving every year and constantly having roommates coming in and out and everyone wondering who should be in charge of what bills etc etc things like promo pricing and bundle packages don't quite fit into my life yet.

I'll have to look into a bundle package next time I move into a new nebe (in April) and see how pricing looks then. Hoping next move is somewhere I can stay for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom