• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
i'm fine with your batman movie choices as long as we can agree that the Raimi Spidermans were dreadful

the 3rd spiderman is one of the worst movie i've ever watched, along side Transformers 2

jmdajr

How about reviewing the 80s/90's Batman movies?

Batman 1989
Batman Returns
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

(I included the two animated ones just to balance out the shit that is the Schumacher movies)

This is a great idea!

Alucard

Banned
i'm fine with your batman movie choices as long as we can agree that the Raimi Spidermans were dreadful

the 3rd spiderman is one of the worst movie i've ever watched, along side with Transformers 2

Spider-Man 2 was really good, Jesus symbolism not included.

Sephzilla

Rises is kinda overated but Dark Knight still stands as the best Batman movie in my book

then again it's subjective and blablabla

Subjective, I know, but I actually think Begins is better than both of the Dark Knight sequels. Begins doesn't have its head shoved as far up its own ass compared to the later two movies, Bale's gravel voice isn't as bad in Begins, Bale's acting in general is better there, the story is a bit more polished, The Narrows gives Gotham some kind of life, and the ending is actually better than TDK or TDKR. The only major flaw I have with Begins is that the entire movie builds up how Batman is above killing villains, except then he totally murders Ra's at the end of the movie.

the 3rd spiderman is one of the worst movie i've ever watched, along side Transformers 2

The Raimi Spider-Man films have aged terribly Spidey 2 has its moments Spidey 3 sucks and retroactively makes Spidey 2 suck ass because all of the shit you hate in Spidey 3 is right there in 2 as well. Spider-Man 1 is good because it's a Spidey movie directed by Sam Raimi while the sequels are Sam Raimi movies that have Spider-Man in them. Spider-Man 1 also has Macho Man

Alucard

Banned
Stro, we need to hear your opinions on the Alien franchise.

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien 4: Resurrection
Alien vs. Predator
Prometheus

Does this sound enticing?

Kane needs to be fed to Bray in their next program. Bray wants the old Kane back, the demon Kane (not the shitty mask demon Kane though). Old school. He wants a minion of pure evil to turn WWE into a cesspit of [insert synonym for evil here].

Kane tries to remain calm and korporate. Bray destroys everything he loves; the coffee machine, the stapler, the rubber stamp. Then Bray goes for the little kids, Rollins style. Kane unleashes the demon within and royally fucks Bray up, Bray laughs happily as he is wheeled away bleeding and broken on a stretcher.

Kane disappears from TV for a few weeks while Bray cuts random promos walking with a lantern in random locations singing a song about finding Big Red or some shit. You know the type of vague yet obvious promos he can do.

Finally Bray is beside himself on Raw and cuts a promo in the ring about how he and Kane could have done magical things. Out comes some random face to call him a stupid head and OUTTA NOWHERE Demon Kane bursts out from under the mat/hell in a blaze of pyro! Kane destroys random face which talking in a Batman voice.

They then terrorise random faces for a few weeks before Kane realises Bray is a millennial piece of shit who isn't up to Attitude era Kane standards. Kane destroys Bray and Undertaker has to step in and blah blah blah. Leads to Kane vs Undertaker in a retirement match, Undertaker goes out on a high.

I'm bored at work.
D5Iq6FU.gif

I approve of this fantasy booking.

SD spoiler

Barrett can't even beat Sin Cara. Title curse continues on my boy, smdh :[
See this is why I didn't celebrate the events on Raw.

Just letting you know I've enjoyed these Bond musings.

Back when I was a kid the first Bond film I asked for on a good old VHS was Live and Let Die because I assumed Baron Samedi was a pretty cool guy, I used to wonder why my old man found the movie so shall we say hilarious at times, now I'm faced with the racist reality of things.
Of course my brother opted for You Only Live Twice so double the questionable Bond outings in our house, its funny that when we were younger we were oblivious to such things.

Both me and Stro saw all the Die Hard movies recently (not together, but in close enough time frames). Don't you dare try and BS people by getting them to watch 5.
Face Beef, even with Die Hard at the top of my fave five I ain't going near 5 if I can help it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No super hero movie reviews or we might get the attention of MCU gaf.

I already dread when they announce Blade remake starring fun and playful 22 year old blade talking about some mother heckers always trying to sun oracle uphill

Sephzilla

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien vs. Predator
Prometheus

I'd read Stro reviews of these but honestly I don't think he'd do it because the franchise goes to shit after the second movie. Alien and Terminator are franchises that should have ended with the second movie.

Aliens is the only good alien movie

This is so wrong it hurts. The original Alien is one of the GOAT horror movies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd read Stro reviews of these but honestly I don't think he'd do it because the franchise goes to shit after the first movie. Alien and Terminator are franchises that should have ended with the first movie.
I made a truthful adjustment to that.

strobogo

Banned

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien vs. Predator
Prometheus

I'll have to pass on this because I've seen them all recently as well. There aren't many big series that I haven't seen except Fast and Furious, but I'm not that interested in those.

My rankings would go

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus
Alien 3

4-AvPR complete garbage that deserve their own level of shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No super hero movie reviews or we might get the attention of MCU gaf.

I already dread when they announce Blade remake starring fun and playful 22 year old blade talking about some mother heckers always trying to sun oracle uphill

Those clicks we'd get, though. Then I could maybe pay Stro!

EDIT: What if, Stro, you reviewed and ranked all the Madea movies? Ooo...

Sephzilla

Alright, how about this one Stro - review the RoboCop franchise

RoboCop
RoboCop 2
RoboCop 3
RoboCop: Prime Directives mini series
RebootCop

You'll definitely get your fill of ups and downs here.

jmdajr

I vote for Stro to do a review of classic 80s/90s ACTION movies. I don't know how you compile this list though.

Perhaps take the 3 best and 3 worst from each action star. Stallone/Arnold/Bruce/Gibson/Van Damme/Seagal.

No straight to video films.

All we are doing is creating work for him!

Ithil

Alright, how about this one Stro - review the RoboCop franchise

RoboCop
RoboCop 2
RoboCop 3
RoboCop: Prime Directives mini series
RebootCop

You'll definitely get your fill of ups and downs here.

My suggestion, watch RoboCop, bask in its wonder for a while, watch RoboCop 2, then shoot yourself to prevent you seeing any further. Or don't watch anymore, whichever is more convenient.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The whole Van Damme or Seagal catalogue would be interesting.

Heroman

Banned
Hey Stro what about reviewing the gamera movies or non Godzilla toho giant monster movies? With both you could watch some amazing and some fucking weird and some fucking terrible movies.

Sephzilla

Predator is as good as manly action can get. Plus it actually has good horror overtones too.

The three core Predator movies would be interesting reads from Stro. The original is a good action/horror movie like you said, it was also kind of The Expendables before The Expendables happened in terms of cast. I actually think Predator 2 and Predators are better than people give them credit for.

My suggestion, watch RoboCop, watch RoboCop 2, then shoot yourself to prevent you seeing any further. Or don't watch anymore, whichever is more convenient.

Actually yeah, if you review RoboCop stuff you just stop after RoboCop 2. I'm a huge RoboCop mark and I've only made it from start to finish in RoboCop 3 once, it's that bad. RoboCop Prime Directives is slightly better than RoboCop 3 in terms of plot, but it's so low budget it's painful.

jmdajr

The three core Predator movies would be interesting reads from Stro. The original is a good action/horror movie like you said, it was also kind of The Expendables before The Expendables happened in terms of cast. I actually think Predator 2 and Predators are better than people give them credit for.

Absolutely! Very solid if you ask me. Way better than any AVP nonsense.

Ithil

Predator 2 is different enough in setting and introduced enough new stuff that its a good flick even as a rehash of the first film and a worse lead. I actually barely recall Predators even though I saw it in the cinema, I recall it being solid enough.

It's frustrating how few of the Predator related films actually get the Predator right. I think comics and whatnot imposed this "noble samurai" shtick on them that went way overboard. Watch the first film, the Predator is a complete asshole. None of his fights are fair and he takes every advantage he can plus, you know
when he's actually beaten at the end he's such a sore loser he tries to blow his defeater up with him
. Yeah he didn't shoot anyone who was unarmed but that's because it's no sport if they can't fight back (even if their weapons are worthless against him).

Stro, I suggest you go review Universal Soldier.

Universal Soldier (1992), directed by Roland Emmerich
Universal Soldier II: Brothers in Arms (1998), directed by Jeff Woolnough
Universal Soldier III: Unfinished Business (1998), also directed by Woolnough
Universal Soldier: The Return (1999), directed by Mic Rodgers
Universal Soldier: Regeneration (2009), directed by John Hyams
Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (2012), also directed by Hyams

Stro, I suggest you go review Universal Soldier.

Universal Soldier (1992), directed by Roland Emmerich
Universal Soldier II: Brothers in Arms (1998), directed by Jeff Woolnough
Universal Soldier III: Unfinished Business (1998), also directed by Woolnough
Universal Soldier: The Return (1999), directed by Mic Rodgers
Universal Soldier: Regeneration (2009), directed by John Hyams
Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (2012), also directed by Hyams

There are 4 more movies then I knew existed. Time to check Netflix.

Cagey

Banned
Reigns has already begun the comic quotes/references. It's only a matter of time before this too shall fall

If he starts in with some bullshit that I only know exists because I saw a thread in the OT called "RANDOM ACTOR RUMORED TO PLAY STARSHOOTER DUO MEMBER BOBBY BLAZIN IN MCU MOVIE STARSHOOTERS: AUTUMN ARMAGEDDON", I'm officially turning into Brutus.

Sephzilla

Stro review suggestion: The 90s Jim Carrey run

-Ace Ventura Pet Detective
-The Mask
-Dumb and Dumber
-Batman Forever
-Ace Ventura When Nature Calls
-The Cable Guy
-Liar Liar
-The Truman Show

It would at least provide a few pretty good gifs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Universal Soldier's original movie is the only one worth watching. I've seen them all, and they really, REALLY lose the magic that made the first one special.

imBask

Banned
Stro review suggestion: The 90s Jim Carrey run

-Ace Ventura Pet Detective
-The Mask
-Dumb and Dumber
-Batman Forever
-Ace Ventura When Nature Calls
-The Cable Guy
-Liar Liar
-The Truman Show

It would at least provide a few pretty good gifs