• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Everyone knows that but it's pointless to throw Seth in unless you're taking the belt off Lesnar. There's tons of ways to "keep Cena strong" without having Rollins in there but you simply can't have Lesnar get pinned or submitted before Mania.

Yes it's pointless and yes there are other ways to keep him strong, but this is WWE we're talking about. They see the man with the briefcase as able to get their heat back whenever.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck Joel Osteen lol, guy has the looks of a James Bond villain.

I think it was in Bill Burr's newest special where he was talking about Osteen being so full of shit that he doesn't even open his eyes to look at you when he says it. That squinty eyed fuck skeeves me out.

kiguel182

Not at all his fault. People are just fucking idiots.

People are idiots because they wanted to see Bryan instead of Batista? C'mon...

There's no need to have this discussion again. Batista is a cool dude but that's irrelevant. People wanted to see Bryan win the rumble and main-event Mania and since Batista was put on that spot we said no. Pretty easy to grasp.

Even Batista understood that. Vince is the one to blame here.

Seth is doing alot of jobs right now, which means he is getting the title soon. They do this with every MITB winner. I'd guess Cena pins Brock(because lol gotta get that win back to look strong) and then Brock destroys Cena after. Seth covers Cena for the pin.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yes it's pointless and yes there are other ways to keep him strong, but this is WWE we're talking about. They see the man with the briefcase as able to get their heat back whenever.

Creepy-Mets-baby.gif

Ithil

Same reason they beat the midcard champions all the time. They think them having a belt means they always keep their heat and can be beaten all the time.

Stro should quit wasting his time with these AAA Qulity Holywood movies and turn his talent to critiquing God's gift to Cinema... SyFy Originals. There's a whole host of amazing movies awaiting Stro's gaze.

Kaladin

Inserting Rollins into Cena/Lesnar 3 is a smart move because I think a few people are saavy to the fact that people want to see Lesnar fight someone else. Rollins is also clearly going to be the guy who lets Lesnar win and keep the belt without damaging Cena's strength value. Rollins having the briefcase means he can take the loss and not lose much of his value as a title threat.

Rollins and J&J Security are the best parts of the Authority angle. The rest of the stuff involving The Authority on Raw was everything that was bad about The Authority angle. Excessively long promos. Kane ruining everything. Steph promos that are repeats of old promos.

I actually like Triple H and Stephanie in this role. And Kane is fine as Director of Operations. He's not really wrestling full time anymore and he's still a great character.

The Authority with Rollins are the best thing on RAW, because RAW is fucking atrocious week after week

Pretty much, but I've enjoyed Ambrose and Wyatt, plus we're about to get D-Bry back which gives me a whole nother segment to enjoy fully.

Don't get me wrong, NXT is a much better product from any angle you look at it, but I'll still watch Raw and occasionally Smackdown for a couple hours of mindless TV.

Fox318

Batista should become American CIA Bond in a spin off.

Batista Bombs and stealing the ladies all while dealing with complex geopolitical issues.

PInk Tape

Banned
Pork fried rice is sooo good. Man, now I want Chinese food :(
My biggest problem with Chinese here is I have like 40 options for delivery which over the course of several years I've narrowed down to 6... That are all good in their own way so it depends if I want side courses or mains and then it gets even more complex if my house gets involved and it takes a good couple of hours to decide where to eat.

I used to work with a guy that could have been in Stormfront and the worst thing was that the first time I called him out on it I got written up at work. Admittedly I shouldn't have just flipped out at him, but it's hard not to when you just hear it day in and day out even if I rarely ever lose it. He eventually did get fired though, thank fuck a client overheard him one time.

We seriously need some more choices around here. Like we only have two different places where I live and I just want some variety but not too much like in your situation.

Did they know why you flipped out? If I knew the context of the situation, I wouldn't have written you up.

jmdajr

Seth is doing alot of jobs right now, which means he is getting the title soon. They do this with every MITB winner. I'd guess Cena pins Brock(because lol gotta get that win back to look strong) and then Brock destroys Cena after. Seth covers Cena for the pin.

Or. Cena pins Seth. Brock loses it and Kills Cena. Seth cashes in.

Well TNA is back tonight. I'm kind of excited to see the changes, but I don't get Destination America. Atleast I'll be able to read spoilers a hour or two before the show starts.

That actually sounds like a better plan to protect Brock. This is WWE we are talking about though.

Kaladin

Well TNA is back tonight. I'm kind of excited to see the changes, but I don't get Destination America. Atleast I'll be able to read spoilers a hour or two before the show starts.

I'm hoping they still put it up on Amazon Instant Video or any one of the other streaming services Spike put it on.

jmdajr

That actually sounds like a better plan to protect Brock. This is WWE we are talking about though.

Si

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Monday Night War continues being an incredibly ironic look at WWE in 2015.

"They couldn't manage a TV show for a couple of hours a week much less an entire wrestling company."

This was my immediate thought when the match was announced.

strobogo

Banned
When I take my stuff back to the liberried, I'll look in the movies and just grab a bunch of sequels to shit. Some perhaps that I haven't even seen the originals of.

Kaladin

The current schedule for WWE's PPVs this year:

1/25 Royal Rumble 2015 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

2/22 WWE Fast Lane at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN.

3/29 WWE WrestleMania 31 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA.

4/26 WWE Extreme Rules 2015 in Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL.

5/17 WWE Payback 2015 at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD.

6/14 WWE Money In the Bank 2015 at The Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH

7/19 WWE Battleground 2015 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO.

8/23 WWE SummerSlam 2015 at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ.

9/20 WWE Night of Champions 2015 at The Toyota Center in Houston, TX.

10/25 WWE Hell In a Cell 2015 at The Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.

11/22 WWE Survivor Series 2015 at The Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA.

12/13 WWE TLC 2015 at The TD Garden in Boston, MA.

Well shit.....I've never been to a Survivor Series, might be time to go to one.

Fox318

Relatives who watch trashy reality TV on History, TLC, and Discovery told me that "Implode Wrestling" was going to be on instead of their shows.

Hasney

We seriously need some more choices around here. Like we only have two different places where I live and I just want some variety but not too much like in your situation.

Did they know why you flipped out? If I knew the context of the situation, I wouldn't have written you up.

I had my suspicions about the boss at that place anyway. to be honest, being in the north of England, you tend to suspect a lot of the locals. You just don't get many that are overt twats like that guy.

But to make it worth moving up here, this is the choice on just one site:

BTNHz1X.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
no you don't you filthy smark, people wanted Batista vs Orton at WM30 and people want Cena vs Reigns at WM31 DAMNIT

Talk about a crowd turning on a match. I feel like the only way Cena would come in as champ would be if Bryan was the opponent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The weirdest thing to me about the firings was Rowan. I never got the impression that the Wyatts had... contracts. I know it's WWE and everything about their storytelling is as flimsy and vanilla for every type of character. But the cultist hillbillies probably shouldn't be 'employees' of the WWE and more like strangers terrorizing it.

In 1998 was I really supposed to buy that Kane went to a office meeting, took a drug test and signed a contract?

Fox318

Why didn't they do Summerslam at Red Bull arena?

o01Eej6.jpg

There should be more outdoor events.

Every event doesn't need that stupid HD jumbotron. Hell do it with Smackdown!! It would give the show a different feel.

Trying to post more, catching up on the thread

Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar are both on Raw next week.

In New Orleans. Where they both had big moments last year.

Not advertised.

A bit baffling.

And it goes directly head to head with the first ever NCAA college football championship game. So not only are the wasting ANOTHER Brock appearance, but guess who is going to take the blame when the ratings tank. It's almost as if they are setting Bryan up, oh wait...

WTF kind of booking is this? Seriously. Why do they do this? I don't get what the bookers think this does for their champs.
US title and IC title booking should be swapped. US title has changed hands 7 times since 2011 (and only 3 time since extreme rules 2013) While the IC title has changed hands 6 times since SummerSlam 2014. Six times!

It's petty, but you'd think Dolph would be a bit wiser to this sort of thing with how much he's been punished over the years
Dolph knows his push isn't real and his contract is up in the summer. When Punk quit, Dolph kept telling people his contract wasn't up for another year so quit asking about it until then. I don't think he'll be coming back, but then again if he wants to wrestle there really isn't anywhere for him to go. I love the guy but I don't think he can make it in Japan. Anyway I'm sure Dolph stand up is at least at Mick Foley quality. When he would do WWE countdown or whatever youtube videos he wrote his own shit and it was much better and much better delivered than anything else he has on WWE, except those backstage promo's that get hidden away on the website or app ( but that applies to everyone pretty much)

Kane needs to be fed to Bray in their next program. Bray wants the old Kane back....

That could work except Bray was the one who took masked the Kane (Team hell no Kane and the best Kane since his 2010 title run) and turned him into Korporate Kane.

Hasney

o01Eej6.jpg

Every event doesn't need that stupid HD jumbotron. Hell do it with Smackdown!! It would give the show a different feel.

The Usos trying to wrestle in the rain would be slightly hilarious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish I could do a continuity focus weekly column on Raw and Main Event and Smackdown that focuses on things, such as Rowan's contract, etc. There's a ton of amazing holes in WWE and I think it would be entertaining. But a LOT of work.

PInk Tape

Banned
I had my suspicions about the boss at that place anyway. to be honest, being in the north of England, you tend to suspect a lot of the locals. You just don't get many that are overt twats like that guy.

But to make it worth moving up here, this is the choice on just one site:

That's some out of control variety right there. Some delicious out of control variety.
I thought Rise liked tofu.
What are you talking about? I totally love tofu! Just ignore that Pork fried rice over there, that definitely isn't mine..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And why John Cena has supreme authority when it comes to bringing the Authority back. And not even in written form. And why The Authority would be in charge the very next week. Surely they would have to be retested. Who knows how much steroids Steph and Triple H did while they weren't employed by the WWE. And why Seth Rollins isn't in jail.

Yep and this gets Cena his 16th title to tie flair and then when he squashes Rollins later (if Reigns doesn't) 17 time! 17 time! 17 time! champ Cena the greatest wrestler of all time hands down Maggle!

o01Eej6.jpg

Outdoor shows have much harder time with retaining crowd heat, and WWE has enough problems with unengaged crowds. Sure, they could make the product better, but it's easier to just book enclosed arenas so they can sweeten the crowd noise later.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I really wish I could do a continuity focus weekly column on Raw and Main Event and Smackdown that focuses on things, such as Rowan's contract, etc. There's a ton of amazing holes in WWE and I think it would be entertaining. But a LOT of work.
I'll do it for 50 dollars a week.

And why John Cena has supreme authority when it comes to bringing the Authority back. And not even in written form. And why The Authority would be in charge the very next week. Surely they would have to be retested. Who knows how much steroids Steph and Triple H did while they weren't employed by the WWE. And why Seth Rollins isn't in jail.

He threatened to murder a cripple, what a bastard.

mUd7pDp.gif

Cagey

Banned
Izod Center for Summerslam, the second biggest PPV of the year?

Why Izod Center, a rundown dump the tenets of which couldn't wait to escape, over Prudential Center, a brand new shiny beautiful arena not 10 minutes away.

Izod Center is like traveling back in time to 1981 Penn Station.

Izod Center is a Z-tier arena.

Izod Center fucking sucks, is what I'm trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom