• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Outdoor shows have much harder time with retaining crowd heat, and WWE has enough problems with unengaged crowds. Sure, they could make the product better, but it's easier to just book enclosed arenas so they can sweeten the crowd noise later.

The product has had a hard time retaining heat because they have targeted Cena babies and their stepparents who are on their phone or asleep in their seats.

Go look at crowds from the 80s and the 90s. Its the adults going nuts with kids mixed in.

Their target audience should be older than 7. Outside of the circus no other arena or stadium event targets kids who can't read.

Hahah a year ago I asked why the hell Kane is on every page being celebrated as something important.

A year later everyone recognizes what a over rated worker he is, and pretty much always has been. I cant remember one great match he ever had.

No he is a walking blooper reel.

Fox318

Izod Center for Summerslam, the second biggest PPV of the year?

Why Izod Center, a rundown dump the tenets of which couldn't wait to escape, over Prudential Center, a brand new shiny beautiful arena not 10 minutes away.

Izod Center is like traveling back in time to 1981 Penn Station.

Izod Center is a Z-tier arena.

Izod Center fucking sucks, is what I'm trying to say.

They specifically picked it because its so cheap. Nothing else is going on there and they don't want to pay MSG to use their arena.

The product has had a hard time retaining heat because they have targeted Cena babies and their stepparents who are on their phone or asleep in their seats.

Go look at crowds from the 80s and the 90s. Its the adults going nuts with kids mixed in.

Their target audience should be older than 7. Outside of the circus no other arena or stadium event targets kids who can't read.

Truth.

jmdajr

Why Izod Center, a rundown dump the tenets of which couldn't wait to escape, over Prudential Center, a brand new shiny beautiful arena not 10 minutes away.

Maybe cause it's cheaper? But hey,,, new Giants stadium is nice!

Superdome. That was a piece of shit.

Of all the pieces people have ripped off from Gorgeous George's gimmick over the years, I'm surprised no one's brought this back - the crowd booed the hell out of it;

CXE9gGr.gif

Cagey

Banned
They specifically picked it because its so cheap. Nothing else is going on there and they don't want to pay MSG to use their arena.

MSG prices are crazy and it's the performer equivalent of building a halo car that gets enormous attention and respect (sold out duh Gahden!) even though profit margins are slim or you even take a loss. Sure. Barclay's is less expensive but it's still Brooklyn, thus still New York.

Prudential Center though? How much could that possibly cost more than Izod?

Only place worse than Izod is Nassau Colisseum, that's saying something. Even Cyclones or the Staten Island Yankees stadium would have been better.

Hasney

That's some out of control variety right there. Some delicious out of control variety.

The only problem is that Mexican 1 because it's a shit Mexican.. However, there is an awesome Mexican restaurant and a place called Bar Burrito... But those need me to move, dammit!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of all the pieces people have ripped off from Gorgeous George's gimmick over the years, I'm surprised no one's brought this back - the crowd booed the hell out of it;

CXE9gGr.gif

I'm not sure I follow what's going on in the jiff.

Cagey

Banned
Cagey is right. The Prudential Center looks gorgeous.

On top of it being new and pretty and quite good for shows (in addition to watching the Devils lose shootouts 24/7), the building's nickname is THE ROCK for crying out loud.

Only place worse than Izod is Nassau Colisseum, that's saying something. Even Cyclones or the Staten Island Yankees stadium would have been better.

I take it back. Izod is Y-tier. The Mausoleum is Z-tier.

I'm surprized Izod still pays to have their name on that building, it should go back to being the Brendan Byrne arena.
Izod does have that awesome tunnel you walk through when you don't get one of the 10 parking spots in front of the building.

PInk Tape

Banned
The only problem is that Mexican 1 because it's a shit Mexican.. However, there is an awesome Mexican restaurant and a place called Bar Burrito... But those need me to move, dammit!
I could send you some homemade Mexican food.

But I can't guarantee it'll still be good when it gets to you though..
On top of it being new and pretty and quite good for shows (in addition to watching the Devils lose shootouts 24/7), the building's nickname is THE ROCK for crying out loud.
And they still didn't go for it... Maybe they could have gotten a deal or something.

Fox318

I take it back. Izod is Y-tier. The Mausoleum is Z-tier.

Its all about cost. WWE is not making money because the network killed their PPV buy rates and their ratings are going down.

As interesting as it would be to have an event in Staten Island there is little to no parking there and unless they bus everyone in or they take the ferry it would be a disaster. Plus they want to be able to fit at least 16,000.

Brooklyn is a little better when it comes to transport but the stadium is too small.

They really should tour NXT to ballparks like that though.

Fox318

Mania match will probably be Cena in a handicap match as champion vs Lesnar, Reigns, Big Show, Cesaro, and Bryan.

BRAAPPPADDOOOOOO

imBask

Banned
Cesaro vs Bryan at Mania.

Which ends with Cesaro winning but then Rollins cashes in.

Mania match will probably be Cena in a handicap match as champion vs Lesnar, Reigns, Big Show, Cesaro, and Bryan.

BRAAPPPADDOOOOOO

I know you like Cesaro a lot, but he's currently in a tag team with Tyson Kidd who only had a good NXT run, a show that Vince presumably doesn't watch or care about...

jred2k

I'd mark out like Matt Striker if I get to see Bryan unsuccessfully try and German suplex Brock twice and then get it on the third try.

Fox318

I know you like Cesaro a lot, but he's currently in a tag team with Tyson Kidd who only had a good NXT run, a show that Vince presumably doesn't watch or care about...

Wrestling should always be about rooting for your guy.

The main card should have a story, characters, or in ring ability that pulls the whole crowd together but the midcard should help move guys up.

"Your guy sucks my guy is better" type shit.

Instead we get shit like Kane and Miz in 2015.

imBask

Banned
Wrestling should always be about rooting for your guy.

The main card should have a story, characters, or in ring ability that pulls the whole crowd together but the midcard should help move guys up.

"Your guy sucks my guy is better" type shit.

Instead we get shit like Kane and Miz in 2015.

I guess, i'm just being realistic here, we'll get Kane and Miz in 2015 because Vince doesn't give a flying fuck about us

imBask

Banned
Also Tyson Kidd has a boring gimmick that hinges on his wife being better than him and his dick not working on a realty tv show storyline.

He can work though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbR14kTR0SQ

I love Tyson Kidd, i'm saying Vince doesn't care about Tyson Kidd enough to use him to push someone to main event status lol

my impression is : being with Tyson Kidd means Cesaro will be lower mid-card tier at best for a while

kiguel182

Also Tyson Kidd has a boring gimmick that hinges on his wife being better than him and his dick not working on a realty tv show storyline.

He can work though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbR14kTR0SQ

Hey, Hey let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Tyson Kidd has a great gimmick when used in full like he was on NXT. It sucks on the main roster but that's not his fault.

The #fact promo he did before the fourway match was stellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom