• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
hat seems like a great show. Way better than anything the main roster can come up with.

But where is Neville?

mitymous.jpg

There's also
Dean Ambrose coming back 3 days after losing an Ambulance Match like it's nothing.

Well he did come back amazingly quick after supposedly suffering a crushed trachea so he's clearly got some sort of accelarated healing factor.

Plus
his sudden alliance with Reigns came out of nowhere. Is that it for Wyatt now then?

6MUMYme.jpg

Can you see the roster doing this to Cena or Reigns?

Well continuity doesn't seem to matter to the WWE writing staff so... yes? :p

EDIT:

GET OUT

imBask

Banned
They want him to dress as a mouse?

from an old article

As was previously reported, WWE’s creative team has been giving some serious thought to repackaging NXT talent Adrian Neville when he debuts on the main roster. They’re still talking about having him debut with a gimmick inspired by Mighty Mouse.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They want him to dress as a mouse?

Well, there was talk of him wearing a mask, but the idea is he'd be Mighty Mouse on Raw. A small, superhero types who overcomes the odds and wins (the IC Title, I'm guessing).

Which doesn't really sound that bad, but his NXT character is good without playing on either his accent or his height, and that's why it sounds so stupid to me. Just have him be Neville.

Toki767

Well, there was talk of him wearing a mask, but the idea is he'd be Mighty Mouse on Raw. A small, superhero types who overcomes the odds and wins (the IC Title, I'm guessing).

Which doesn't really sound that bad, but his NXT character is good without playing on either his accent or his height, and that's why it sounds so stupid to me. Just have him be Neville.

They wouldn't even let the Ascension just be the Ascension.

Ithil

I know Neville is jacked, but "small but strong" is a baffling direction for a guy based on acrobatics and high flying.

I like Moore when he was being Moore, not Connery. Connery completely gave up after Goldfinger. I really don't like his rapey nature. I don't even get why it was a thing to begin with. Look at Connery in those early movies. He's tall, handsome, in shape, and CHARMING AS FUCK. There was no need for him to be rapey in the slightest. Women would melt when he talked to them. Yet most of his movies has him basically forcing himself on women, or blackmailing them into fucking him.

Must have been the style at the time. It really does come across super odd when you watch them now. Would be interesting to see if it came up in any of the documentaries, I'll have to watch them when I get home tonight.

Dixie said AJ Styles is synonymous with TNA and that she hopes to work with him again in the future.

Best she could hope for is a Brock style contract where AJ jets in and out to defend a title at big events. Dude is doing too well in the indies & Japan to take a lowball offer.

This JR/Dixie interview is already off to fine form.

JR: "How many times a week can we expect to watch Impact on Destination America?"

Dixie: "You know, I don't even know that answer."

WAT.

At least we know TNA won't be changing that much lol

Oh God, Neville's going to be this generation's Nick Dinsmore.

"Turn Eugene heel and be Nick Dinsmore be Dinsmore," the IWC wrote back in the 2000s.

Subjective, I know, but I actually think Begins is better than both of the Dark Knight sequels. Begins doesn't have its head shoved as far up its own ass compared to the later two movies, Bale's gravel voice isn't as bad in Begins, Bale's acting in general is better there, the story is a bit more polished, The Narrows gives Gotham some kind of life, and the ending is actually better than TDK or TDKR. The only major flaw I have with Begins is that the entire movie builds up how Batman is above killing villains, except then he totally murders Ra's at the end of the movie.
Yeah it's my favourite too, they build up Bruce Wayne and Batman really well into fleshed out characters. It looks amazing too.
He doesn't really murder Ra's, he just doesn't save him ;)

The Raimi Spider-Man films have aged terribly Spidey 2 has its moments Spidey 3 sucks and retroactively makes Spidey 2 suck ass because all of the shit you hate in Spidey 3 is right there in 2 as well. Spider-Man 1 is good because it's a Spidey movie directed by Sam Raimi while the sequels are Sam Raimi movies that have Spider-Man in them. Spider-Man 1 also has Macho Man

They are super wacky to watch now, like a weird time capsule. Agree that the first was great due to being a traditional movie, kinda like how GotG retains the wacky of James Gunn but delivers it in a more consumable fashion.

Spiderman 2 is still a great film but it's pretty batshit wacky at times. Spiderman 3 was super sloppy and didn't come together well at all, a huge mess all in all.

Do a John Carpenter/Kurt Russell series of reviews Stro! Those are so much damn fun, even the shitacular Escape from LA.

Stro, we need to hear your opinions on the Alien franchise.

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Does this sound enticing?

That sounds enticing, the rest nope. I even like Prometheus but there is so much wrong with that movie it isn't funny. Alien 3 has a ton of issues too but at least the explanations for why it's a fucking mess is incredibly fascinating and entertaining. I like the workprint version of A3 quite fine, despite the shitty CGI.

I haven't thought about film in a long time (the superhero bubble's jaded me) but man that Edgar Wright topic got me thinking about it a lot for the first time in a while and made me realize I'm actually a legitimate 'fan' of a director, I loved all of his films so far.

ffs I saw scott pilgrim like 5 times in theatres hah, augh. Kind of rough to admit that one.

SUPERHERO MOVIES: that mid 2000s period was fuckin' dire from fantastic four til I dunno, maybe iron man but even then I liked that one in passing.. whenever there's a non-supernatural villain the same fucking scene happens in each of these films where the bad guy gets his funding cut and then brutally murders his superior. sooooooo lame.

Hellboy was the only superhero movie that mattered in the 2000s until TDK came along. And to use seph's kind of langauge I'd say while Hellboy 2 might be a better movie (even though its not), hellboy 1 is a way better movie about Hellboy.

Kaladin

That seems like a great show. Way better than anything the main roster can come up with.

But where is Neville?

Neville isn't advertised for any NXT house show after January 10th, which is a show he headlines vs Zayne. After that, it's all Zayne vs Breeze.

jmdajr

I guess I do have this channel that shows lucha underground in Spanish.

It's not telemundo but UniMas

Programming: Unimas Unimas

ID: "Unimas 67"

City: Alvin, TX

Owner: Univision Communications

Station Info: Digital Full-Power - 1000 kW

Channels:
DTV/HDTV Channel: 36

Market: Houston

Digital Subchannels:
67.1 Unimas

Also I'm about 30 minutes into Austin Powers and it's actually less funny getting the references. It's barely even a parody. It's just a straight rip off almost on the level of the X Movies mixed with weird Canadian humor. I can't tell how much of me not finding it funny now is due to age or knowing the Bond stuff now. It's just so...mid to late 90s.

Both. The movies are quite straight forward in terms of comedy, a lot of enjoyment I got as a kid from them was all the spy stuff that I was never allowed to see in Bond movies at the time. Also boobs.

They are still pretty funny to watch toasted or drunk with some friends but stuff like Anchorman has taken over that spot anyway so the Powers series is pretty useless at this point. Thankfully Myers knows that too and isn't trying to relive the success.

Alucard

Banned
So today I posted a piece on the match Kota Ibushi had the day before WK9, and it just goes to show how far he will go to entertain. Check it out here!

Good stuff, man. I'll give the match a watch later. Your description of it sounds surreal. A moonsault with a bowling ball? I'm in.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;146413889 said:
I haven't thought about film in a long time (the superhero bubble's jaded me) but man that Edgar Wright topic got me thinking about it a lot for the first time in a while and made me realize I'm actually a legitimate 'fan' of a director, I loved all of his films so far.

ffs I saw scott pilgrim like 5 times in theatres hah, augh. Kind of rough to admit that one.

SUPERHERO MOVIES: that mid 2000s period was fuckin' dire from fantastic four til I dunno, maybe iron man but even then I liked that one in passing.. whenever there's a non-supernatural villain the same fucking scene happens in each of these films where the bad guy gets his funding cut and then brutally murders his superior. sooooooo lame.

Hellboy was the only superhero movie that mattered in the 2000s until TDK came along. And to use seph's kind of langauge I'd say while Hellboy 2 might be a better movie (even though its not), hellboy 1 is a way better movie about Hellboy.

+1 regarding Hellboy

Also - the mid 2000s had Spidey 1, Batman Begins, and Blade 2, so it wasn't the dark ages until Iron Man 1 came along (it came out before TDK)

Goddamn, Triple H fucking wrecked Cena. This goes to show you how fucking shit writing for most of the faces on the main show is, the heels always make so much sense and the faces are all idiots.

Voices of Wrestling ‏@voiceswrestling 21m21 minutes ago
Sad news from this week’s Observer: The Forever Hooligans, may be no more in New Japan. "Apparently Koslov isn’t going to be retained"

Poor Okada. Loses to Tanahashi, Fale, and now loses his tag team in CHAOS.

Damn, Koslov shows up with a gut once and he's already canned

Anyone in LA wanna go to the Lucha Underground tapings?
whoa i didn't know this was in LA

hmmmm
wait a minute

what if (SD spoilers)
the Sin Cara that beat Barrett clean is Neville?!?!?!?!?!
¡HarlequinPanic!;146413889 said:

Edgar Wright is dope, one of the best genre/comedy directors today. Brehs comparing him to Brett Ratner... i don't even know, man

At least Okada still has YOSHI-HASHI.

Q9Ggjmg.jpg

Shame about Koslov, but the Hooligans act is wearing a bit thin - shame they couldn't have got a storyline out of it, would like to see Rocky under the Black Tiger mask again.

Kaladin

Is it just me or are they making The Ascension look like total bitches?

They give them an excellent run on NXT to the end, where they face Balor and Itami and are practically destroyed twice in a row on the way up to the main roster.

Then, on the main roster after a good debut vs Mizdow, they give them jobbers to wrestle. Why are they facing jobbers when they've had NXT to develop them as credible talent?

And why is commentary running them down for facing jobbers when they have no choice?

Why?

Is it just me or are they making The Ascension look like total bitches?

They give them an excellent run on NXT to the end, where they face Balor and Itami and are practically destroyed twice in a row on the way up to the main roster.

Then, on the main roster after a good debut vs Mizdow, they give them jobbers to wrestle. Why are they facing jobbers when they've had NXT to develop them as credible talent?

And why is commentary running them down for facing jobbers when they have no choice?

Why?

Same reason the commentators insulted them for saying the scripted Road Warriors line. Intentional burial.

Kaladin

I'm pretty sure that, as far as Vince is concerned, NXT isn't canon.

In a perfect world, NXT would be a promotion that is booked and run like any other promotion and call-ups to the main roster would be rare and meaningful. This way, the guy that gets called up is already more of a name and could be seen on a level with guys like Wyatt and Ambrose when they start out.

WWE being so afraid of Toronto is the most juvenile thing. Oh noz our precious cena is going to get boo'd. They will undermine all our creative work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom