• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Do you think WWE writing would improve with an Option C on the Intercontinental Championship?

They already have Money In The Bank. Option C at Destination X is basically TNA's MITB but with the difference that it has to be defended.

Maybe WWE should make MITB a defendable title.

tumblr_ngbr5i7Bve1shia6io1_1280.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Voices of Wrestling ‏@voiceswrestling 21m21 minutes ago
Sad news from this week’s Observer: The Forever Hooligans, may be no more in New Japan. "Apparently Koslov isn’t going to be retained"

Poor Okada. Loses to Tanahashi, Fale, and now loses his tag team in CHAOS.

That's really too bad, man. Damn body shaming image conscious culture up in New Japan. Met him and Rocky at ROH Global Wars last year.

He was really psyched n funny that day.

3 is my second favorite, with 2 coming in last. The switch to the US didn't help things.

I would pay lots and lots of money to see Crank 3. An irresponsible amount.

Yeah those Crank dudes do great work, I even enjoyed Ghost Rider 2 for how fucking insane it all is.

I wonder how Macho man would have handled the same material Roman Reigns got. My mind just goes there sometimes

"And now I'd like to bring out Tito Santana's opponent and the intercontinental heavyweight champion of the world, 'MACHO MAN' Randy Savage"

"UH-HUH YEAH Happy to be here YEAH" (licks bottom lip)

"Now do you have any words for your opponent later tonight"

"Well you know Tito Santana you're an impressive athlete YEAH. You can go toe to toe with most ordinary men. But the Macho Man isn't an ooooordinary man NO. No as far as you're concerned the Macho Man might as well be SUPERMAN YEAH!"

"Superman?"

"OH YEAH!, Ask anyone and they'll tell you the Macho Man is FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET YEAH! Except Elizabeth she won't tell you that ah-ha. MORE POWERFUL THAN A LOCOMOTIVE *flexes bicep* AND ABLE TO LEAP TALL BUILDINGS...IN A SINGLE BOUND!!!! *twirls around Mean Gene* "But when you're laying down on the mat Mr. Santana, and you look up in the sky, it won't be a bird, it won't be a plane, IT'LL BE THE LARGEST ELBOW DROP IN THE WORLD, COMING DOWN ON YOUR CHEST TO RETAIN THE INTERCONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD DIG IT!"

HYWPZUj.gif

I choked up a bit reading that :(

Dude was magnetic as fuck. He wouldn't reach for a brass ring, he would fucking rip it from the sky and give it to Gene as a gift for having him on the show.

Chinese food is amazing. I used to work by this Chinese place that sold pork fried rice that I'm pretty sure was laced with cocaine because I couldn't stop eating it if I tried. I think they just dumped butter on it or some shit, I don't know because I haven't had fried rice like that since then and when they got bought out, it was back to garbage 'mall rice' type rice.

If it's not drug laced, I can only eat Chinese food like once every three weeks or so though.

That's MSG I bet. Fucking love the stuff. I get the impression it's super unhealthy though because everywhere seems to be removing it from their food :(

Well shit.....I've never been to a Survivor Series, might be time to go to one.

No Elimination Chamber at all? Boo :(

Alucard

Banned
TNA had a press release today that said the first 5 minutes of Impact tonight will be "must-see, show-stopping television."

Carnies gonna carny.

somedevil

Well according to Meltzer the surprise is not going to be Del Rio:

We noted before that TNA officials wanted Alberto "El Patron" Del Rio to make his debut on tonight's live Impact Wrestling on Destination America. It doesn't look like Del Rio will be debuting because as of two days ago, the two sides weren't even close to signing a deal.

Del Rio signing with TNA may be a long shot because he's receiving so many offers and some would likely conflict with TNA, including Lucha Underground. People close to Del Rio have advised him that TNA is a sinking ship and does nothing but hurt the careers of talents who go there.

Ouch at those comments.

edit: This is funny:

There has been talk backstage about how the scripting of Roman Reigns' promos have put him in "quicksand" and aren't helping him any.

No kidding. Bet they are written for him by writers that want Bryan to main event Wrestlemania again

Toki767

Is that Tanahashi's wife/girlfriend? I think she's the same girl as the one from that one picture in the Japanese newspaper.

Ouch at those comments.

No kidding. Bet they are written for him by writers that want Bryan to main event Wrestlemania again

Did you get the impression they might be running with Bryan vs Lesnar non-title for Mania? That's the impression I got.

Toki767

Did you get the impression they might be running with Bryan vs Lesnar non-title for Mania? That's the impression I got.

Yeah. My impression is that Rollins will be the champion at Mania. Whether it's Rollins vs Reigns or Rollins vs Bryan is the question.

Reigns is going to have a much better match against Rollins than against Lesnar.

Bryan will have a great match against either.

Alucard

Banned
Who's the fringe lunatic all the way to the left?

Some ROH mark who posts on this forum.

Its not truly live so the spoilers will be out before the show airs tonight.

When does it start? 8pm EST?

Last time they said that we got Hogan & Abyss Vs Flair & Styles.

We can only hope it's equal to this.

Ouch at those comments.

El Patron would rather wrestle in ROH than TNA. So weird.

And that Reigns Superman promo was one of the top 10 worst ever.

8/23 WWE SummerSlam 2015 at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, .NJ

Ugh cheap fucks. 99% of the video package was in NY. How can they have a couple of cheap house shows at MSG every year but go to NJ when it's a guaranteed sell out with the tickets tripled? They haven't had a ppv at the garden in over 3 years. Home my ass.

somedevil

With Vince anything is possible. If they go with Bryan vs Lesnar non title that means Rollins is winning at the Royal Rumble and Cena is taking the pin? Plus that means Reigns will win the rumble. So how can he get the cheers when Bryan is in it?

Though having Reigns vs Rollins and Lesnar vs Bryan will I believe quiet the fanbase from crapping on Reigns. Though does that mean Cean gets Rusev?

Toki767

With Vince anything is possible. If they go with Bryan vs Lesnar non title that means Rollins is winning at the Royal Rumble and Cena is taking the pin? Plus that means Reigns will win the rumble. So how can he get the cheers when Bryan is in it?

Though having Reigns vs Rollins and Lesnar vs Bryan will I believe quiet the fanbase from crapping on Reigns. Though does that mean Cean gets Rusev?

It's hard to believe that Cena vs Rusev at Mania hasn't been the plan all along.

The person that's pretty much left out in the cold in all this is probably Orton since I was thinking it'd be Orton vs Rollins, but if Rollins is the champion, Orton won't have anyone unless they turn Ambrose.

Alucard

Banned

What I'd be down for:

Cena beats Lesnar, but Rollins cashes in after curb stomping Cena.

Bryan wins the Rumble.

Rollins beats Cena by nefarious means at Fast Lane.

Bryan vs. Rollins main event Mania. Don't care where that leaves Brock, Reigns, or Cena. Wooooooo.

Not gonna happen because it's too short-sighted and leaves Reigns and Brock just kind of hanging around. Unless we get...Orton vs. Brock?

If it's:

Rollins vs Reigns for WWE WHC

Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan

Here's what I do:

Brock and Bryan are both at Raw next week in New Orleans. Bryan talks about how he had the biggest accomplishment of his career in this very city by winning the WWE WHC last year. And at the Royal Rumble, he's going to --------- *BROCK STINGER* and Heyman reminds Bryan of who the champion is. If Bryan wins the Rumble, he still has no chance of beating THE BEAST!

Brock loses the title, however that's done. That's less important.

At the Rumble, Brock interferes in the Rumble and throws Bryan out. Still risky, but the confrontation on Raw should put the vision in people's minds that Brock vs Bryan is happening.

Fox318

Ugh cheap fucks. 99% of the video package was in NY. How can they have a couple of cheap house shows at MSG every year but go to NJ when it's a guaranteed sell out with the tickets tripled? They haven't had a ppv at the garden in over 3 years. Home my ass.

Vince has run the company into the ground trying to get his wife elected to prove that he isn't some carny asshole that makes burial DVDs to get back at people he doesn't like.

Kaladin

What I'd be down for:

Cena beats Lesnar, but Rollins cashes in after curb stomping Cena.

Bryan wins the Rumble.

Rollins beats Cena by nefarious means at Fast Lane.

Bryan vs. Rollins main event Mania. Don't care where that leaves Brock, Reigns, or Cena. Wooooooo.

Not gonna happen because it's too short-sighted and leaves Reigns and Brock just kind of hanging around. Unless we get...Orton vs. Brock?

They're going to have some big anti-Authority angle with Triple H and Sting, it is yet to be seen if it will involve other wrestlers.

Thorakai

I want D.Bry vs Lesnar because might as well capitalize on a match that will probably never have a chance of happening after Mania. Rollins can wait till after Mania.

Cagey

Banned
Rollins Reigns Ambrose triple threat damnit. Don't even care who wins or how you get there. I've said the double elimination Rumble spot is the laziest and simplest way to get it done. Also gives reason for Reigns and Ambrose to have animosity, even if Rollins is the one heel in the match. Just have The Shield main event WM.

Toki767

Best case scenario is still:

Brock vs Bryan with Bryan winning and then Rollins cashing in.

Shield triple threat match with obviously Reigns winning because Rollins is winning the title later that night and Ambrose just doesn't win.

Is it just me or are they making The Ascension look like total bitches?

They give them an excellent run on NXT to the end, where they face Balor and Itami and are practically destroyed twice in a row on the way up to the main roster.

Then, on the main roster after a good debut vs Mizdow, they give them jobbers to wrestle. Why are they facing jobbers when they've had NXT to develop them as credible talent?

And why is commentary running them down for facing jobbers when they have no choice?

Why?

I don't understand this line. They've mentioned that The Ascension have been picking shit teams to beat up on. So they're getting ragged on for it. Hell that's all they did on NXT anyway, face one or two good teams and beat up on trash.

Also, you call that debut "good"?

Same reason the commentators insulted them for saying the scripted Road Warriors line. Intentional burial.

Because they're heels and that's what commentators do to heel teams.

Swear to Christ, this CON-SPEER-UH-SEE shit for basic stuff is geting really old as fuck. WWE does legitimately stupid shit, but this ain't one of 'em.

Brock and Bryan are both at Raw next week in New Orleans. Bryan talks about how he had the biggest accomplishment of his career in this very city by winning the WWE WHC last year. And at the Royal Rumble, he's going to --------- *BROCK STINGER* and Heyman reminds Bryan of who the champion is. If Bryan wins the Rumble, he still has no chance of beating THE BEAST!

Been anticipating this ever since I saw the stars align with the location/booking. I mean, they absolutely have to do that, right? Will be a killer segment.

Rollins Reigns Ambrose triple threat damnit. Don't even care who wins or how you get there. I've said the double elimination Rumble spot is the laziest and simplest way to get it done. Also gives reason for Reigns and Ambrose to have animosity, even if Rollins is the one heel in the match. Just have The Shield main event WM.

Good idea, as Ambrose doesn't look to have shit to do unless they pair him up with a heel Orton.

Fox318

Only way you get fans into that is if Ambrose wins the rumble.

Reigns will get booed the fuck outta philly with the exception of his fangirls.

Because they're heels and that's what commentators do to heel teams.

Swear to Christ, this CON-SPEER-UH-SEE shit for basic stuff is geting really old as fuck. WWE does legitimately stupid shit, but this ain't one of 'em.

No, the commentator's job is to get over the wrestlers. Not say a team is inferior to a past team, bury their opponents, and basically say they are a mockery.

Kaladin

I don't understand this line. They've mentioned that The Ascension have been picking shit teams to beat up on. So they're getting ragged on for it. Hell that's all they did on NXT anyway, face one or two good teams and beat up on trash.

Also, you call that debut "good"?

They're booked to wrestle those teams, nobody thinks they handpick scrubs off the street. They had a strong debut against Miz and Sandow, an established team and got a dominating victory. They should have been put into a feud with Miz and Sandow off that win to prove that it wasn't a fluke, instead they've been given jobbers to do just the opposite.

somedevil

If it's:

Rollins vs Reigns for WWE WHC

Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan

Here's what I do:

Brock loses the title, however that's done. That's less important.

At the Rumble, Brock interferes in the Rumble and throws Bryan out. Still risky, but the confrontation on Raw should put the vision in people's minds that Brock vs Bryan is happening.

Good idea. The big question is Brock has a rematch clause. So I guess they will have to forget it if he loses at the Rumble because he isn't doing a match at fast lane.

I wonder if anyone has pitched the lex luger and Bret Hart finish for the rumble and then Brock having two matches at Wrestlemania. Got to get the most out of whats left for him. Though this means he retains at the Rumble.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly, the E probably needs to pull the trigger on Rollins before Mania. I mean, he only has until May to cash in, right? If Reigns or Bryan win the title at Mania, they'll have a super short reign as Rollins pretty much has to win the title when he cashes in, doesn't he? They've been building him for over six months.

Makes more sense for him to win it before Mania and then lose it there...though I doubt management sees him as a Mania main eventer. I guess they could close the show with Triple H and Sting if they don't want Seth in that top spot against either Bryan, Orton, or Reigns.

Vylash

Is it just me or are they making The Ascension look like total bitches?

They give them an excellent run on NXT to the end, where they face Balor and Itami and are practically destroyed twice in a row on the way up to the main roster.

Then, on the main roster after a good debut vs Mizdow, they give them jobbers to wrestle. Why are they facing jobbers when they've had NXT to develop them as credible talent?

And why is commentary running them down for facing jobbers when they have no choice?

Why?

what the hell do you mean "excellent run", the only reason they had a tag title reign as long as they did is because there was nobody else, the second they got a solid team in the Lucha Dragons they were finished, they were never credible at all, they've always been shit

jmdajr

Honestly, the E probably needs to pull the trigger on Rollins before Mania. I mean, he only has until May to cash in, right? If Reigns or Bryan win the title at Mania, they'll have a super short reign as Rollins pretty much has to win the title when he cashes in, doesn't he? They've been building him for over six months.
Hmmm. I forget about the one year clause.

I would save it for the RAW after Mania if I was them.

Cashing in before will just have him feed to Reigns at WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom