• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Honestly, the E probably needs to pull the trigger on Rollins before Mania. I mean, he only has until May to cash in, right? If Reigns or Bryan win the title at Mania, they'll have a super short reign as Rollins pretty much has to win the title when he cashes in, doesn't he? They've been building him for over six months.
July.

Kaladin

Good idea. The big question is Brock has a rematch clause. So I guess they will have to forget it if he loses at the Rumble because he isn't doing a match at fast lane.

I'd have Rollins use the cash in on Cena to get the belt after Brock destroys Cena post match.

Then, when Brock interferes in the Rumble, have him destroy Bryan in the same fashion.

After these actions, all you have to do is have Triple H revoke Brock's rematch clause because it's best for business.

Hope the show does well to be honest. If it's fresh and they're trying to carve out a unique identity, I'm all for it.

Yeah I am hoping for a new and improved Impact product but hell realistically I'd settle for a mix of the old Nashville weekly shows and some of the decent newer stuff. Screw it just give me a Monty Brown return with him hitting the POOOOOOOOUNCE on everyone on the roster and it would be better than Raw this week.

Honestly, the E probably needs to pull the trigger on Rollins before Mania. I mean, he only has until May to cash in, right? If Reigns or Bryan win the title at Mania, they'll have a super short reign as Rollins pretty much has to win the title when he cashes in, doesn't he? They've been building him for over six months.

He's got until the end of June to cash in.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah I am hoping for a new and improved Impact product but hell realistically I'd settle for a mix of the old Nashville weekly shows and some of the decent newer stuff. Screw it just give me a Monty Brown return with him hitting the POOOOOOOOUNCE on everyone on the roster and it would be better than Raw this week.

I like where your head's at, friend Shapesmith.

Vylash

Makes more sense for him to win it before Mania and then lose it there...though I doubt management sees him as a Mania main eventer. I guess they could close the show with Triple H and Sting if they don't want Seth in that top spot against either Bryan, Orton, or Reigns.

i expect him to eat the pin at the Rumble from Cena, Brock crushes Cena after the match, and Rollins cashes in

Kaladin

I'd have Rollins use the cash in on Cena to get the belt after Brock destroys Cena post match.

Then, when Brock interferes in the Rumble, have him destroy Bryan in the same fashion.

After these actions, all you have to do is have Triple H revoke Brock's rematch clause because it's best for business.

Also, I think there is a precedence for champions losing their rematch clause if they were defeated and the title then changed hands again on a cash-in.

They're booked to wrestle those teams, nobody thinks they handpick scrubs off the street. They had a strong debut against Miz and Sandow, an established team and got a dominating victory. They should have been put into a feud with Miz and Sandow off that win to prove that it wasn't a fluke, instead they've been given jobbers to do just the opposite.

Miz/Mizdow still aren't even done w/ the Usos. There's the rematch, then the rematch of the rematch, then the rematch of the rematch where Miz/Mizdow actually split up.

You know this company, they're gonna be trading matches until Summerslam.

Okay so they don't have a race problem but...

tumblr_mmhkwfyLBV1qfjkvio1_500.png

What the fuck

WWE's current champion is also a homophobe.

I keep forgetting who the current WWE champ is. I assumed it was Bryan for some reason last week :(

They already have Money In The Bank. Option C at Destination X is basically TNA's MITB but with the difference that it has to be defended.

Maybe WWE should make MITB a defendable title.

Bringing back the Hardcore title would be a ton of fun but way too much effort for creative to book all the time.

I guess I do have this channel that shows lucha underground in Spanish.

It's not telemundo but UniMas

Programming: Unimas Unimas

ID: "Unimas 67"

City: Alvin, TX

Owner: Univision Communications

Station Info: Digital Full-Power - 1000 kW

Channels:
DTV/HDTV Channel: 36

Market: Houston

Digital Subchannels:
67.1 Unimas

I think Unimas gets a delayed version? I can't remember sorry, maybe Alucard remembers.

Neville isn't advertised for any NXT house show after January 10th, which is a show he headlines vs Zayne. After that, it's all Zayne vs Breeze.

Interesting, does this point towards him being called up to the main roster around the end of this month?

iMax

Can anyone explain why both Sting and Undertaker are rumoured to be working WrestleMania but not against each other? Which genius asshat came up with that idea?

Vylash

Can anyone explain why both Sting and Undertaker are rumoured to be working WrestleMania but not against each other? Which genius asshat came up with that idea?

because they're both old as fuck and taker can barely walk, that's why, the actual match won't be anywhere near what it is in your head

Okay, but do we all agree that Rollins must have a successful cash-in? When would you do it, and how would it affect the champ coming out of Mania? Is the champ coming out of Mania Rollins himself?

Yes, he absolutely has to get the belt off of the cash-in. I'd had the idea of him cashing in on someone after their match at Wrestlemania (during their celebration - a la Orton on D-Brine) to sorta cement that "slime ball/asshole heel" reputation, but after last Monday (and even before then) that rep's already been cemented.

EDIT: Maybe have him cash-in after the Rumble - like on Raw, then he defends it all the way to Wrestlemania against whoever.

Alucard

Banned
Poor TNA. Looks like we might get another SUPER darkly shot Impact. Those episodes were just sad. You could hear a pin drop.

We'll see how it goes. I legit wish them well, but it really is a matter of a company that has built up a shit ton of bad will, so that even if they do something good, few people will care. They need like a full year or two of positive show buzz before more people will care again, if at all.

somedevil

Well here is the big opening TNA was teasing:

A huge brawl with the entire roster starts the show. They fight through the crowd and around the ring. The Knockouts fighting were Havok, Taryn Terrell and Gail Kim. It's announced that all champions will defend their titles tonight.

I haven't seen that before by TNA.

Kaladin

Poor TNA. Looks like we might get another SUPER darkly shot Impact. Those episodes were just sad. You could hear a pin drop.

We'll see how it goes. I legit wish them well, but it really is a matter of a company that has built up a shit ton of bad will, so that even if they do something good, few people will care. They need like a full year or two of positive show buzz before more people will care again, if at all.

I want to give the new TNA a shot, even to the point of paying for episodes if they post them on Amazon or iTunes.

It's just a matter of having a way to watch it.

Hell, if WWE wanted to, and it makes storyline sense since Rollins is in with The Authority, Triple H can just extend the length of the MITB contract to longer than the announced year. This gives Rollins more time to hold on to the briefcase, he could even defend it at the MITB PPV; all because it's 'best for business' if they don't have a good opportunity for him to cash-in & win before it expires.

iMax

Hell, if WWE wanted to, and it makes storyline sense since Rollins is in with The Authority, Triple H can just extend the length of the MITB contract to longer than the announced year. This gives Rollins more time to hold on to the briefcase, he could even defend it at the MITB PPV; all because it's 'best for business' if they don't have a good opportunity for him to cash-in & win before it expires.

What's the point of this year's MITB PPV then if his contract extends beyond it?

BlazinAm

And Bryan, a "little guy" tapping out the monster Brock Lesnar who's headed to UFC is just the type of petty shit WWE would do.

There is more money in a match like that. They had Eddie Guerrero against Brock Lensar like a decade ago and it worked out.

What's the point of this year's MITB PPV then if his contract extends beyond it?

Is there a point to half the things WWE does anymore? Haha

They can go the route of him having to defend his briefcase in the MITB ladder match & have him win it again then. Point is, they have other options for Rollins to keep the briefcase longer & don't have to rush a cash-in that doesn't make sense.

But I'm all for Rollins leaving the Rumble with the strap & facing Bryan at Mania. Only problem there is; Rollins/Reigns unfortunately makes more storyline sense given the Shield break-up. We haven't seen much heat between Rollins & Bryan.

iMax

I guess they could just put Rollins' briefcase up for grabs, have him retain it through SHENANIGANS, then cash in sometime after?

Is there a point to half the things WWE does anymore? Haha

They can go the route of him having to defend his briefcase in the MITB ladder match & have him win it again then. Point is, they have other options for Rollins to keep the briefcase longer & don't have to rush a cash-in that doesn't make sense.

But I'm all for Rollins leaving the Rumble with the strap & facing Bryan at Mania. Only problem there is; Rollins/Reigns unfortunately makes more storyline sense given the Shield break-up. We haven't seen much heat between Rollins & Bryan.

In other words, Rollins enters the annual MITB match.

* JB came back out to hype the crowd and it seems like he's been in the ring forever. There's some grumbling in the crowd among fans. This was said to be a lot of stalling. One of our correspondents called it "pathetic." Fans were chanting "we want wrestling" at Borash.

oh my god TNA what are you doing

In other words, Rollins enters the annual MITB match.

MITB this year should be run like King of the Ring!

Rollins sits on the throne and gets to make stipulations on each of the matches once the matches are worked out. Each wrestler must kiss his hand before the bell can ring.

The PPV ends with Rollins curb stomping both finalists out of consciousness leading to him retaining the briefcase!

Kaladin

* JB came back out to hype the crowd and it seems like he's been in the ring forever. There's some grumbling in the crowd among fans. This was said to be a lot of stalling. One of our correspondents called it "pathetic." Fans were chanting "we want wrestling" at Borash.

oh my god TNA what are you doing

Who wants to go backstage?

Whoever can be the loudest, most outrageous fan in their section can go backstage tonight!

We have our cameras on you, and we're watching every one of you and we want to see you at your loudest!

somedevil

Yep, I would pay some good money to see that.

Bryan said in an interview at Summerslam about Lesnar:

One of the things that kills me about this is if I were champion right now I'd be wrestling Brock Lesnar and that's the match I've always really wanted. I feel like we could do something completely different that people [wouldn't] have seen before in the United States. That's the match I really, really want."

I wonder what the match would look like. I bet some MMA, mat wrestling plus some New Japan style wrestling.

edit: TNA attendance was 600 for this show.

So Angle announces he is now active as a wrestler and squares off with MVP? That's actually pretty sweet, even if he is a few years out of his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom