• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Go Suzuki Go!
tumblr_nhu26ivQhi1qf7xjao1_1280.png

Happy they got rid of the white strap. Don't know why it bothered me. But I like black straps on title belts.

EDIT* Also, it's sad to see what's become of the Knockout division. It used to be so damn good.

Low Ki vs Aries was real good and I am looking forward to Kong vs Havok. The whole James Storm revolution thing started out as like a 5th rate Wyatt family ripoff but it's starting to be ok.

That Rainmaker figure is freaking badass!

Umm guys, TNA spoilers...

Did
Eric Young, Joe, and Low Ki all turn heel??

LOL!

Seriously? It makes me cringe so hard.

How do they explain this in the storylines when it happens so consistently?

Awesome Kong coming back is weird, because you would think she would have an open door to go back to WWE. Maybe she didn't want to work the schedule.

Carnby

A friend of mine dropped of a dvd he made for me. It's labeled Wrestle Kingdom 9. He insists that I watch it.

Good stuff Alucard! I really wanna check out this WK9 fallout but alas my Internet connection is to crappy for NJPW World. The joys of living in the middle of nowhere Illinois.

So overall the positives for TNA after the reboot were Josh Mathews replacing Tenay, Aries being on top of the X division and the return of Awesome Kong. The additions to Team MVP seem unnecessary but I will give it a little time to see what they do. If past history is any indication it will be a train wreck but I'm a glass half full type of guy.

UberTag

Well in that case I guess there is no one at the top pushing for Canada dates. Which sucks but not sure what you can do.
Canada's best friend ever when it came to WWE exposure was when Carl DeMarco was still with the company. But he jumped ship in 2009, we have not had a pay-per-view in this country since he left (the last one was Breaking Point in Montreal in September 2009) and we're down to one week of TV tapings a year.

RAW's last Toronto taping was on September 9th, 2013. I was in town for TIFF and did not bother to get tickets. John Cena was conveniently not able to attend this taping. He showed up on the August 19th RAW saying he would need surgery to empty fluid from his elbow and would be "on the shelf for 4-6 months". He was back to win his 14th world title at Hell in a Cell on October 27th.

RAW's last Canadian taping was from Montreal (let's talk some more about that screwjob in 1997) on July 7th, 2014.

There is one word for TNA's return to TV - disaster. Things started off with a hype video that was a bit too busy, and then we got a clusterfuck of a brawl, a bad Angle-MVP match, a weird Tenay-Storm interview, a bad tag title match, and throughout all this, random shots of walls and corners to set up backstage promos. JB ate a beating from EC3 and Tyrus while Spud watched him get his head shaved. Aries and Ki did their bless to excite people. God bless them - they tried. Aries won a good match to win the title. Velvet Sky could've died taking a bump in the battle royal, and we got AWESOME KONG'S RETURN at a time when she can't work much due to back injuries. Roode-Lashley III never really got going until the highspots, and then everything was negated with the heel turns of Low Ki, Joe, and EY. Fuck TNA.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-7-15.html

The flow of the show in image form.

Well, this is silly

Generic Michael Mann, but okay.

I love me some belts

DAFUQ!?

TNA is

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/e8lu29cnvwf17svz2a1h0q33xaqp8wsm

Alucard

Banned
Wesker really spitting that cynicism and negativity tonight.

Watching Lucha Underground now. Fun stuff so far. I'm assuming the whole episode is this one match to crown their first champion.

UberTag

There is one word for TNA's return to TV - disaster. Things started off with a hype video that was a bit too busy, and then we got a clusterfuck of a brawl, a bad Angle-MVP match, a weird Tenay-Storm interview, a bad tag title match, and throughout all this, random shots of walls and corners to set up backstage promos. JB ate a beating from EC3 and Tyrus while Spud watched him get his head shaved. Aries and Ki did their bless to excite people. God bless them - they tried. Aries won a good match to win the title. Velvet Sky could've died taking a bump in the battle royal, and we got AWESOME KONG'S RETURN at a time when she can't work much due to back injuries. Roode-Lashley III never really got going until the highspots, and then everything was negated with the heel turns of Low Ki, Joe, and EY. Fuck TNA.
I don't know why you expected much beyond what you got.
They're the #3 wrestling company in North America.
And we never hear anyone aside from Alucard talk about weekly Ring of Honor broadcasts which are offered for free on their website.

Wesker really spitting that cynicism and negativity tonight.

Watching Lucha Underground now. Fun stuff so far. I'm assuming the whole episode is this one match to crown their first champion. It's been really fun so far.

Just sharing how I felt about it. It felt like they really wanted to GET THINGS GOING by doing all of the things they always do wrong.

Canada's best friend ever when it came to WWE exposure was when Carl DeMarco was still with the company. But he jumped ship in 2009, we have not had a pay-per-view in this country since he left (the last one was Breaking Point in Montreal in September 2009) and we're down to one week of TV tapings a year.

RAW's last Toronto taping was on September 9th, 2013. I was in town for TIFF and did not bother to get tickets. John Cena was conveniently not able to attend this taping. He showed up on the August 19th RAW saying he would need surgery to empty fluid from his elbow and would be "on the shelf for 4-6 months". He was back to win his 14th world title at Hell in a Cell on October 27th.

RAW's last Canadian taping was from Montreal (let's talk some more about that screwjob in 1997) on July 7th, 2014.

Did they do good business/ratings up there? Seems shitty for WWE to ignore them so much since it isn't like Canada is a huge distance away.

I don't know why you guys expected TNA to change. I told you guys it was going to be same old TNA with a new coat of paint. There were no creative changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom