• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using the stand for it? Makes it far more tolerable and less carpal tunnel causing.

I had to buy it second hand because there are literally no new copies around my area, and this was the only one that wasn't just cart. As long as I have the case and book in good condition, it's really all I need unless I'm hunting a limited edition. But I'm fiddling around with spots and I think I found something a little more comfortable.

They should've ported the game to the Wii. The controls do suck but I loved the game regardless. Love the soundtrack as well.

Oh, totally. I wouldn't be putting myself through this hell if I wasn't enjoying it. it's been great so far.

Alucard

Banned
Lucha Underground was really damn good tonight. If you just want an hour of bodies flying and high drama to crown a champion, along with a hot crowd, go out of your way to check it out.

Makes sense I remember a thread on CAG where they announced Best Buy and Kmart clearanced it down to $9.99 and that's when I picked mine up. Still need to track down the OG Gameboy Kid Icarus 2 to complete my series.

KI's controls take some getting used to.

Anyway, TNA has the roster to deliver better stuff than this shit show. They made terrible use of most of their roster, and the fact that Kurt Angle is finishing his in-ring career there depresses me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm left handed, rock my own customized Turok style controls for the thing, and constantly owned face on the Multiplayer and filled the challenge wall...twice. The controls are not intuitive but are endlessly tweakable.

DMczaf

tumblr_nhtu4oDYCO1shsq9jo1_400.gif

KI's controls take some getting used to.

Anyway, TNA has the roster to deliver better stuff than this shit show. They made terrible use of most of their roster, and the fact that Kurt Angle is finishing his in-ring career there depresses me.

They've ruined most of their roster to the point where they can't do anything to fix them. Guys like Low-Ki and Samoa Joe would be fine, but that is about it. They also don't know how to make anything feel important. WWE would have made Kurt Angle wrestling important rather than throw him out at the beginning of the show and announce he's returning to wrestle and then have a match right then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've ruined most of their roster to the point where they can't do anything to fix them. Guys like Low-Ki and Samoa Joe would be fine, but that is about it. They also don't know how to make anything feel important. WWE would have made Kurt Angle wrestling important rather than throw him out at the beginning of the show and announce he's returning to wrestle and then have a match right then.

...Have you watched ate a bunch of Samoa's Joe lately? Dude is done.

...Have you watched ate a bunch of Samoa's Joe lately? Dude is done.

He can still go. He just isn't motivated right now. Last time I saw him wrestle was a few months ago but still thought he wasn't bad. I mean TNA only gives these guys like 2-5 minutes to have a match so he can't really lay anything out. I can't even remember the last time TNA had a 20 minute match. Well technically I can remember one from 2011, but nothing after.

Alucard

Banned
Read the spoilers for Impact.

Doesn't sound like much has changed. If Wai and Pollock review these, that's how I'll follow TNA. Not worth it if they're going for fuckshit endings right off the bat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only positive thing the whole night was the crowd and Kong showing up.

Kong versus Havoc though will suck...because Havoc can't wrestle.

Let's focus on the most important thing that happened in wrestling tonight, Sexy Star rocking that Ms. Marvel costume on Lucha Underground! Mother of God!

Only positive thing the whole night was the crowd and Kong showing up.

Kong versus Havoc though will suck...because Havoc can't wrestle.

And Kong can't bump much due to a bad back, so it's doomed. Fine match to do in theory though since it is a big monster vs. a big monster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm too busy most Fridays so this will be the last TNA I plan to watch. I'll probably end up catching it once every month or so because plans do fall through.

I just don't understand why they didn't do a relaunch and scrap everything and start with new angles. I doubt very many people watched this though. I'd guess 200k max. They were only doing 800k on Spike with much more exposure.

MG310

Now it'll take a scrappy group of faces to oppose them. Better call Mr. Anderson.
The face team then starts fighting each other after about 3 weeks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Faces right now.

Spud, Angle, Roode, A Double, Gunner, Mr. Anderson, The Wolves, The Hardys.

Heels right now.

EY, EC3, Tyreck, MVP, Kenny King, Lashley, Samoa's Joe, Low Ki, The Revolution (Storm/Sanada/Abyss in 2015/Manik)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also missed the Bromance, three more heels, and the entire women's division. Sam Shaw too. Lots of fucking heels.

EDIT: Gotta assume Bram and Magnus are still around as well.

MG310

I also missed the Bromance, three more heels, and the entire women's division. Sam Shaw too. Lots of fucking heels.

EDIT: Gotta assume Bram and Magnus are still around as well.

Magnus was in the big brawl at the beginning...don't remember seeing Bram though.

Rob Terry is definitely gone, they moved him to the alumni section and changed The Menagerie picture to just Knux, Rebel and Crazy Steve.

I assume Samuel Shaw will resume his eternal storyline with Gunner, except worse now since Brittany is gone.

I think my favorite thing is that it looks like they had posters for Impact on Destination America that have a giant Dixie head front and center. Stealing one of your pics Jay.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Magnus was by far and away the worst World Champion of any "major" promotion. A run so bad it killed his career. Made EY and Lashley look like Hulk Hogan in comparison.

Didn't she leave to have a child, or was it to lose weight? I know she had a miscarriage. D:

There is probably bad feelings towards her, due to her lying and telling people she had a kid, and then people found out she actually had a miscarriage. They might not think she is in the best mental state.

tm24

I had to buy it second hand because there are literally no new copies around my area, and this was the only one that wasn't just cart. As long as I have the case and book in good condition, it's really all I need unless I'm hunting a limited edition. But I'm fiddling around with spots and I think I found something a little more comfortable.

Oh, totally. I wouldn't be putting myself through this hell if I wasn't enjoying it. it's been great so far.

Are you holding the 3DS against your right pinky to add extra support? Once you get used to that you stop feeling it regardless

Anth0ny

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Meltzer gave Nakamura/Ibushi from WK9 5 stars. Can't argue with that. What a fucking match.

The rest of the card:

Yuji Nagata won the New Japan Rumble in 26:09. *1/2

Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly retained the IWGP jr. tag team titles over Alex Shelley & Kushida, The Young Bucks and Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov in 13:01. ****

Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Tomoaki Honma beat Yujiro Takahashi & Jeff Jarrett & Bad Luck Fale in 5:35. **1/4

Toru Yano & Naomichi Marufuji & Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste beat Takashi Iizuka & Shelton Benjamin & Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer in 5:15. **

Minoru Suzuki beat Kazushi Sakuraba in 9:21 in a UWF rules match ***3/4

Togi Makabe pinned Tomohiro Ishii in 12:23 to win the Never Open weight championship. ****1/2

Kenny Omega pinned Ryusuke Taguchi to win the IWGP jr. heavyweight title in 13:20. *** 3/4

Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto beat Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows in 9:00 to win the IWGP tag team titles. ***1/2

A.J. Styles pinned Tetsuya Naito in 14:25. ****1/4

Shinsuke Nakamura retained the IC title pinning Kota Ibushi in 20:12. *****

Hiroshi Tanahashi pinned Kazuchika Okada in 30:57 to retain the IWGP heavyweight title. ****3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom