• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

Heels being heels. I want that. They can apologize on twitter for playing a bad guy later.

Do you want your movie villains to be PC as well? Fuck no, you want them spitting hot fire.

there's a difference between being a heel and using the deaths of minorities for some cheap heat, what the fuck is wrong with you

Man God

Non-Canon Member
there's a difference between being a heel and using the deaths of minorities for some cheap heat, what the fuck is wrong with you

Nothing? Heels are bad dudes/ladies who say and do bad things so you can boo them. They are playing characters on TV. Saying nasty and vile shit about current events is an effective way to do this.

No one makes actors apologize for saying shitty things in tv/movies to get cheap heat, I don't get why we hold wrasslers to some higher standard.

He wants to support shitty people and companies, let him. You're above that, and that's cool, but he's not gonna learn if he hasn't yet, don't do this

Alucard

Banned
Finished Impact. Final thoughts:

Positives:
-The intro with all the wrestlers coming to the event was really cool
-The new graphics look nice
-I dig the announce booth look
-Awesome Kong is back and had a cool return
-Aries vs. Low Ki was okay
-Not a ton of replays during matches

Negatives:
-Lighting is way too dark
-Low Ki, Joe, and EY all turned heel for some reason? What?
-Knockouts had a battle royal that was totally forgettable
-The sound was too low at times when announcers or wrestlers were speaking

Meh:
-Wolves vs. The Revolution
-Angle vs. MVP
-Both title changes
-Josh Mathews...didn't really feel like he was there

Okay, 'nite.
Kong2.gif

Based on the spoilers of future episodes, I don't think I'll be watching regularly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We got a full set of spoilers for impact? More fun than watching a replay on Saturday afternoons.

Friday night is an awful night for wrasslin. Even most wrasslin nerds can round up a bit of fun on a Friday.

Beatdown Clan ain't nothing to fuck with

The next set of movies: Out of context sequels

The Crow: City of Angles
Fast Five
Transporter 2
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
The Prophecy 3: The Ascent
Lake Placid 3

I have not seen any of these. The only first movies I've seen are The Crow and Lake Placid.
you should've done the Tremors sequels. there's like 6 and another one just came out

Wade Keller says Booker is also being moved to Raw to help counter-act JBL. Think Booker on the pre-show panels instead of his old Smackdown announcing role.

Keller also is now leaning more towards Bryan/Lesnar happening, simply because he doesn't think Bryan would talk about wanting the match unless Bryan knows it's the plan. "I can't imagine he'd talk about it and put it in fan's heads unless he knows it's the direction. Otherwise, he's actively encouraging fans to turn on the actual direction."

Trying not to get my hopes up.

you should've done the Tremors sequels. there's like 6 and another one just came out

That series is still going? I loved them, I just thought they stopped with 4. I know I just heard a bit ago they plan on doing an update, forget if it's another movie, a remake, or another show though.

Alucard

Banned
Wade Keller says Booker is also being moved to Raw to help counter-act JBL. Think Booker on the pre-show panels instead of his old Smackdown announcing role.

Keller also is now leaning more towards Bryan/Lesnar happening, simply because he doesn't think Bryan would talk about wanting the match unless Bryan knows it's the plan. "I can't imagine he'd talk about it and put it in fan's heads unless he knows it's the direction. Otherwise, he's actively encouraging fans to turn on the actual direction."

Trying not to get my hopes up.

Eh. I don't know. Bryan's always been pretty candid in interviews, with or without the WWE's permission.

We'll see what happens. In my mind, Bryan vs. Lesnar is THE match at Wrestlemania 31. The Reigns train has been losing traction for months.

Eh. I don't know. Bryan's always been pretty candid in interviews, with or without the WWE's permission.

We'll see what happens. In my mind, Bryan vs. Lesnar is THE match at Wrestlemania 31. The Reigns train has been losing traction for months.

The Reigns train can keep going but it needs to change course or it will de-rail. Take the spotlight off of him a bit, allow him to develop more.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bryan/Lesnar is the best option. You get a fantastic match the crowd would be 100% into and Seth is practically guaranteed to cash in when it's over. Bryan becomes an even bigger star and Rollins becomes a made man at the same time.

Make it so, Vince.

That series is still going? I loved them, I just thought they stopped with 4. I know I just heard a bit ago they plan on doing an update, forget if it's another movie, a remake, or another show though.
I was slightly off, there's a 5th one planned to release like this year or next.
Might as well do Tremors as a series.
I misread this as "do Tremors: the series" at first but then i found out that there actually was a short-lived TV series so yeah, do that too

Alucard

Banned
If Bryan beats Lesnar at Mania...do you have Rollins cash in there and then?...and WIN? And then beat Bryan at the following PPV, leaving Bryan without the belt AGAIN? Or do you wait for Seth to call his shot at...Summerslam? Can he do that? WOULD he do that? I don't see Rollins cashing in and making a match. I see him cashing in after the champ is down and out, but I just don't see how you make him champ without making the guy he beats, either Bryan, Lesnar, or Reigns, look kind of foolish in the process, and then hanging around with nothing to do.

DR DUNCAN's ROYAL RUMBLE FANTASY BOOKING DIAGNOSIS:

Since The Authority's back and all that shit; they're gonna call out Bryan. Notice how Bryan's been singling out Ziggler in his comeback promo. Just to spite Bryan they give him the number one spot. Bryan Sina smirks and say fine, I'll just win anyway lol. Then Bryan gets beat down because you know it's fucking happening.

Come Rumble it's the final four between Rollins (having lost the match to Brock retaining), Ambrose, Reigns, and MAH boi D BRINE. As soon as this happens you just know the place is gonna cheer the fuck out of Bryan. Bryan eliminates Dean, Roman eliminates Rollins. It comes down to just Roman and Bryan in a stare off. They have a match for a good 6-8 minutes. Then The Authority is at ringside consisting of J + J, Kane, HHH, and Steph.

They beat down Bryan and only Bryan. Then they stand him up for Roman to Superman Punch Bryan to the ground. As soon as Roman is about pick up Bryan *CAWW CAWW*

Sting legit appears from the rafters and cleans house and does his schtick. Sting beats up Roman and Roman rests on the ropes then OUTTA NOWHERE, Bryan dropkicks Roman over the top ropes and wins the 2015 Royal Ramble! YES'ng here on end and all that stuff.

Please criticize, poke holes, praise it, whatever, just wanted to get that off my chest.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WWF In Your House 9: International Incident 7/21/96

• Smoking Gunns vs Body Donnas
  • Mankind vs Henry Godwinn
  • Steve Austin vs Marc Mero
  • Goldust vs The Undertaker
  • People's Posse vs Camp Cornette

UPDATE:

Things that suck in 1996 WWF: Just about everything. HBK, despite being the best guy in his match, drags the match to a halt whenever he's in the ring. Marc Mero has no idea how to wrestle as anyone but Johnny B. Badd. Taker/Goldust can not put on an entertaining match to save their lives. The Body Donnas had a face run.

Heel

OMFG TNA

* Bobby Lashley vs a mystery opponent is next. Lashley comes down without the belt and is upset. He grabs the mic and tells them to bring his title out, now. Kenny King comes out and tells Lashley to go crying to the NYPD "if they don't choke or shoot" him first. This leads to King vs. Lashley with The BDC surrounding the ring. The whole group enters the ring and attacks Lashley, causing the end of the match. Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle make the save. Angle challenges The BDC to a six sides of steel match at tomorrow night's tapings.

Someone send a Tweet to Conan. This needs addressed on a future podcast.

strobogo

Banned
Didn't MVP make a similar NYPD choke joke at one of the tapings last year?

BDC is so lol. I wonder what the longest amount of time TNA has gone without a big heel stable is. I would wager less than 4 months.

Hasney

tumblr_n9itzzSgSd1r96fbco4_500.gif

I won't post anymore as I haven't watched it all and have no fucking idea where these shots come from in it and I don't want to spoil shit

Thorakai

all right, someone needs to explain those roman .gifs for the benefit of those of us sane enough not to watch raw

...is he the new opening for the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom