• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nhqi4iIgMb1sqm9vxo2_400.gif

Sooo slapping Big E's man chebs is a good luck thing for people now? Or just cause it's a TON of fun?

Feel like E is all "C'mon guys this isn't cool"

Alucard

Banned
Would you guys rather see two old guy matches, or one old guy match at Mania?

Sting vs. HHH
Taker vs. ?

OR

Sting vs. Taker

OR

No Taker at all.

Hasney

Would you guys rather see two old guy matches, or one old guy match at Mania?

Sting vs. HHH
Taker vs. ?

OR

Sting vs. Taker

OR

No Taker at all.

No Taker at all. Sting V HHH maybe, HHH might be able to carry him to a good match based on his WM XXX performance.

Aiii

So not worth it
Besides, just looking at the women, The Bella Twins and AJ are also hispanic, as is Lillian Garcia, all of whom are above the pecking order of Rosa.

Striker

Based on the recent 'firings', H's wrestling Ziggler or Ryback at Mania would do a lot more for the roster than two guys in their 40's/50's. Have Sting face Wyatt, if necessary. Taker has no business doing anything based on last year's performance and condition. The spectacle is gone anyhow.

Aiii

So not worth it
I doubt Triple H would ever do a Mania against a regular guy. He's either facing big returning stars or A-level talent that is worthy of elevation.

There are no indications either Ziggler or Ryback are ever going to be that status in WWE, so I doubt Trips would ever do any of those matches to give these guys the rub. I can see him giving Sami, Owens or Balor that particular honor in the future though.

Striker

I doubt Triple H would ever do a Mania against a regular guy. He's either facing big returning stars or A-level talent that is worthy of elevation.

There are no indications either Ziggler or Ryback are ever going to be that status in WWE, so I doubt Trips would ever do any of those matches to give these guys the rub. I can see him giving Sami, Owens or Balor that particular honor in the future though.
Probably. But then again, these part timers are going to stop doing this sooner than later. Taker, especially, makes no sense anymore unless it's Sting, but that should have been done several years ago. His aura is gone with the Streak ending.

Bray is another issue. So they're slightly pushing him now just in case he gets in one of those matches for 'Mania. OK, say he does, big deal. Right after they'll go back to continue booking the guy like a goof and no one will care again. They've messed him up too much in the past 10 months.

Probably. But then again, these part timers are going to stop doing this sooner than later. Taker, especially, makes no sense anymore unless it's Sting, but that should have been done several years ago. His aura is gone with the Streak ending.

Bray is another issue. So they're slightly pushing him now just in case he gets in one of those matches for 'Mania. OK, say he does, big deal. Right after they'll go back to continue booking the guy like a goof and no one will care again. They've messed him up too much in the past 10 months.

Taker Vs Bray at 'Mania. Taker wins and then brainwashes Bray into re-starting The Ministry.

I kid of course but I'd honestly like to see Bray booked better, his promos may wander a bit too far into the swamp of pretension but I do find him entertaining in the ring and on the mic.

Alucard

Banned
Vaudevillains wouldn't work at all on the big stage. They're small-time and only work in small arenas based on what I've seen of them. Plus, their gimmick is inconsistent with their own face/heel dynamic.

Vince, give it a look, friend. Watch AJ Styles drive Roderick Strong's head into the mat in HD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will say I agree, on the big stage, the Vaudevillains are fucked - but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying what they are right now. I just don't like em right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like the Vaudevillians, don't listen to the haters. The fact that they got a more dastardly sounding theme song after they turned heel was amazing. Also, I hope their next big feud has some silent movies as well, brilliant stuff.

On the other hand, I'm really disinterested in anything the Lucha Dragons do right now, it's just not clicking with me and I'm not really sure why. I guess the Lucha antics just don't really work in the toned down, slower, matchtype WWE has to put on, but there's not really anything you can do about it unless you create something like a WCW Cruiserweight or X-Division where these guys mix it up with other guys on their speed and level of workrate rather than have everyone doing the same type of matches.

I think I just accidentally reasoned my way into a thing that would make Raw more tolerable for 3 hours. Every match and segment they do is in essence the same thing, the same pace, the same structure. It would be a lot less boring if they had different types of matches and performers throughout each show, so it wasn't all the same all the time and you could mix up performers and get some unique programs.

Hasney

I will say I agree, on the big stage, the Vaudevillains are fucked - but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying what they are right now. I just don't like em right now.

To be fair though, if even Vinces wet dream of a tag team are fucked on the main stage and the Neville gimmick rumours are true, the NXT roster is fucked on the big stage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Vaudevillians, don't listen to the haters. The fact that they got a more dastardly sounding theme song after they turned heel was amazing. Also, I hope their next big feud has some silent movies as well, brilliant stuff.

On the other hand, I'm really disinterested in anything the Lucha Dragons do right now, it's just not clicking with me and I'm not really sure why. I guess the Lucha antics just don't really work in the toned down, slower, matchtype WWE has to put on, but there's not really anything you can do about it unless you create something like a WCW Cruiserweight or X-Division where these guys mix it up with other guys on their speed and level of workrate rather than have everyone doing the same type of matches.

I think I just accidentally reasoned my way into a thing that would make Raw more tolerable for 3 hours. Every match and segment they do is in essence the same thing, the same pace, the same structure. It would be a lot less boring if they had different types of matches and performers throughout each show, so it wasn't all the same all the time and you could mix up performers and get some unique programs.

It's Sin Cara. Something about him has held Kalisto back. That, and they're not able to really showcase their stuff. I'm hoping Kalisto breaks off on the main roster, because he can be one hell of a star as long as he isn't saddled with a loser.

Aiii

So not worth it

Just last night I was thinking during Breeze's entrance how fucked that guy is right now. His current gimmick works fine in NXT, but will never ever get over on the main roster. And with his size and his in-ring work, he's pretty much guaranteed to be on the Adam Rose/Fandango jobber level when he comes in as is.

I don't really see what they can do with him to get him over either, or what kind of gimmick. I mean, there are more people in NXT that have gimmicks that won't get over on the main roster, but at least most of them have something unique or are really good in-ring performers that you can be sure they can get over to some degree even without a good gimmick or the backing of WWE Creative. But Breeze? I have no clue where he's gonna go right now when he debuts on the main roster, but straight to jobber status.

It's Sin Cara. Something about him has held Kalisto back. That, and they're not able to really showcase their stuff. I'm hoping Kalisto breaks off on the main roster, because he can be one hell of a star as long as he isn't saddled with a loser.

To be fair, yeah that is probably part of it. Sin Cara has been booked like a joke and being paired with him is not a good message if they debut together on the main roster.

joelseph

On the other hand, I'm really disinterested in anything the Lucha Dragons do right now, it's just not clicking with me and I'm not really sure why..

Dude the Lucha Dragon intro song is awesome and they do flippy stuff, whats not to love?

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of great themes, CFO$ deserves props for Kidd's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XxbkUhvXGs

Most of their themes are awesome, but a lot of them also suffer from being 30 seconds long and just repeating for 3 minutes. Works fine as an entrance theme, but Kidd's is an actual song with more than a few lines of lyrics and I appreciate that.

joelseph

I expect WWE to run the Tyson cat thing into the ground so far that he will have a new intro song with nyan cat or some nonsense.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sting vs. Taker on paper sounds like a dream match and I'd love to see it just for the stare off and bat pointing and what not.

But in the end you can't really do that match and have it be of any quality, however, a threeway with someone that could carry that match might work. But if you're gonna do that you might as well have Sting vs. HHH and Taker vs. a young guy.

Not that I see Taker coming back for another match, he lost the streak so I assume he's done.

Sephzilla

Sting vs. Taker on paper sounds like a dream match and I'd love to see it just for the stare off and bat pointing and what not.

But in the end you can't really do that match and have it be of any quality, however, a threeway with someone that could carry that match might work. But if you're gonna do that you might as well have Sting vs. HHH and Taker vs. a young guy.

Not that I see Taker coming back for another match, he lost the streak so I assume he's done.

Pretty much. I'd go into that match with the lowest of expectations but the main attraction of that match would be the build up for it and the fact that Taker/Sting is the last "dream match" left. I'd picture the feud going something like this. WWE has even flat out acknowledged that there's a big demand for that match from fans, I can't believe they're seriously going to pass that up.

*Undertaker shows up at the Raw after Royal Rumble*

Taker - With The Streak now dead, I feel it's time to return to the darkness and take my leave from this ring. So I'm officially announcing my re-

*Crow noises. Lights go black. Lights come back on and Sting is in the ring pointing a bat at The Undertaker. Then Sting slowly moves the bat to point to the WrestleMania sign*

*Taker does throat-cut gesture*

*Sting nods and walks away*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom