• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

I think a lot of people are forgetting he got a concussion early in the Brock match that fucked things up. Before that he consistently put on one of the best matches every year at Wrestlemania pretty much since the first HBK match.
No one forgot. It's the fact that he got concussed so easily.

Sephzilla

No one forgot. It's the fact that he got concussed so easily.

Well I also remember people being against Brock going against Taker simply because most people felt that Taker would get legit hurt against Brock. Look what ended up happening. Sting's move set is pretty damn safe compared to Brock's.

Cagey

Banned
*Undertaker shows up at the Raw after Royal Rumble*

Taker - With The Streak now dead, I feel it's time to return to the darkness and take my leave from this ring. So I'm officially announcing my re-

*Crow noises. Lights go black. Lights come back on and Sting is in the ring pointing a bat at The Undertaker. Then Sting slowly moves the bat to point to the WrestleMania sign*

*Taker does throat-cut gesture*

*Sting nods and walks away*

Sounds like a great 20-22 minute segment to end Raw!

I'm not being sarcastic.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, this was an awesome week of wrestling.

-Wrestle Kingdom 9 put everyone on notice
-Lucha Underground crowned their first champ in spectacular fashion

That's five hours of greatness right there.

Otherwise...

-Didn't watch WWE
-Impact was okay and will probably find an audience
-ROH recapped 2014 and prepped for 2015. Wonder if their tv show will have a new intro this weekend

Fox318

3eYOeyz.jpg

He looks ready

for the shuffleboard tournament

Browny

Banned
Sounds like a great 20-22 minute segment to end Raw!

I'm not being sarcastic.

Sting - Taker is a legit attraction. If only WWE could make good money out of such a match-up, like, I dunno, PPV?

You know we would all watch. Also, with the Streak gone
which is still bullshit
, it would be a little more in-the-air
Taker will win though

Perhaps they could build up Bray's win streak at WM... oh wait.
That would be Miz then...

Sephzilla

ALTERNATIVE TAKER MATCH FOR WM31

Rusev goes unchallenged going into WrestleMania. During the show, he and Lana walk out and issue an open challenge to any cowardly American.

*Undertaker bell tolls three times*

C'MON KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

*American Badass Taker shows up*

Alucard

Banned
ALTERNATIVE TAKER MATCH FOR WM31

Rusev goes unchallenged going into WrestleMania. During the show, he and Lana walk out and issue an open challenge to any cowardly American.

*Undertaker bell tolls three times*

C'MON KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

*American Badass Taker shows up*

That gimmick burial, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
If I were fantasy booking Mania, these would be the top matches:
IC Title: Wyatt vs. Ambrose vs. Cesaro
Rusev vs. Reigns
Taker vs. Sting
Cena vs. HHH
WWE Title: Bryan vs. Lesnar vs. Rollins (c)

IC Title triple threat should result in one guy with that belt going on a year long undefeated streak, elevating the title.
Reigns is not ready for that main event, I hope they realise this by now, giving him the first pinfall over Rusev is a good step to get him there for Mania next year.
Taker vs. Sting because it's hype.
Cena vs. HHH to end The Authority storyline forever and ever and ever.
And the title match with Bryan as a face, Lesnar as a tweener. Rollins as the heel champion when Heyman turns on Brock at the Rumble to side with Rollins and get him the belt from cash in after Cena pins Rollins to win the belt and Rollins then beats Cena post-Lesnar beatdown and Heyman swerve.

February PPV headlines with Cena vs. Rollins belt rematch and Rollins going over clean.

Gonzalez

Banned
3eYOeyz.jpg

He looks ready

All it takes is some Just For Men, and a spray on tan to create that Superstar look.

I mean look at Roman. All you need is a girdle, and double sided tape to not be treated like Chris Hero.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The way I see it, Sting vs Taker MIGHT be alright. Sting bs Trips WILL be great, Trips will ensure it.

Sephzilla

I guess it is possible that they want Sting to have a WM victory first and save Sting/Taker for WM32.... but I doubt it. I think it's infinitely more likely that Vince would not deliver Sting/Taker

I meant Rusev. Guy would most certainly lose. Unless he puts on an awesome competitive match ala Nakamura and Ibushi, he would come out looking like a goof.

I think Rusev/Taker could actually be a decent match. Also I'd much rather see Rusev's streak get ended by Taker aka anybody-but-Cena

Browny

Banned
You know what we haven't had for a while? A RR controversial ending. So without further ado:

Royal Rumble Prediction No. 2 - shenanigans at the end
potentially leading to a triple threat at WM

Alucard

Banned
Hey dudes, would anyone be opposed to me calling the March OT? I think I've put in enough work as a jobber and have worked my way up to the mid-card. Ready to knock on that glass ceiling.

Xater

I guess it is possible that they want Sting to have a WM victory first and save Sting/Taker for WM32.... but I doubt it. I think it's infinitely more likely that Vince would not deliver Sting/Taker

In every interview it also sounds like Sting just wants the one big match. He might be content with his Legend contract after that.

Browny

Banned
Hey dudes, would anyone be opposed to me calling the March OT? I think I've put in enough work as a jobber and have worked my way up to the mid-card. Ready to knock on that glass ceiling.

image.php

Couldn't resist.

I cast my vote in Alucard's favour.

Sephzilla

You know what we haven't had for a while? A RR controversial ending. So without further ado:

Royal Rumble Prediction No. 2 - shenanigans at the end
potentially leading to a triple threat at WM

Luger/Bret was 1994, the botched ending with Batista/Cena was 2005. So I guess some kind of messed up controversial ending is possible.
Reigns and Bryan simultaneously eliminate each other?

Browny

Banned
Luger/Bret was 1994, the botched ending with Batista/Cena was 2005. So I guess some kind of messed up controversial ending is possible.
Reigns and Bryan simultaneously eliminate each other?

That's exactly what I was thinking of - the only way Vince can supposedly keep both the Universe and the IWC happy. Plus you could then do a massive
Reigns
heel turn at WM...

Edit: Bats / Cena was a botch? Was it clearly one or the other on replay?

Sephzilla

Does anybody have dibs on the WrestleMania OT thread?

That's exactly what I was thinking of - the only way Vince can supposedly keep both the Universe and the IWC happy. Plus you could then do a massive
Reigns
heel turn at WM...

Edit: Bats / Cena was a botch? Was it clearly one or the other on replay?

In one of the countdowns I think they pretty much admit it was a mistake? That's when Vince came down to the ring legit pissed off and blew out both of his knees getting into the ring.

iMax

3eYOeyz.jpg

He looks ready

undertaker-recent1.jpg

That was him a month or so before WrestleMania 30. Not much difference.

Pretty much. I'd go into that match with the lowest of expectations but the main attraction of that match would be the build up for it and the fact that Taker/Sting is the last "dream match" left. I'd picture the feud going something like this. WWE has even flat out acknowledged that there's a big demand for that match from fans, I can't believe they're seriously going to pass that up.

*Undertaker shows up at the Raw after Royal Rumble*

Taker - With The Streak now dead, I feel it's time to return to the darkness and take my leave from this ring. So I'm officially announcing my re-

*Crow noises. Lights go black. Lights come back on and Sting is in the ring pointing a bat at The Undertaker. Then Sting slowly moves the bat to point to the WrestleMania sign*

*Taker does throat-cut gesture*

*Sting nods and walks away*

Oh man. That'd be amazing.

Gonzalez

Banned
Has anyone here suggested Taker & Sting Vs. HHH & Kane, or Wyatt tag match? That seems like a better choice to avoid jobbing either of the two legends.

Plus, think about the Mania moment with the two of them posing together in victory.

Fox318

Has anyone here suggested Taker & Sting Vs. HHH & Kane, or Wyatt tag match? That seems like a better choice to avoid jobbing either of the two legends.

Plus, think about the Mania moment with the two of them posing together in victory.

Only thing I want to see Kane doing at mania is serving popcorn and cotton candy.

Hasney

Joker Sting and Ambrose. The promos write themselves, get binned at the last minute, re-write themselves and get a resounding "THAT'LL DO PAL" from Vince.

jred2k

I have no nostalgia for Sting and I never want to see Taker again. I think I could care about a Sting/HHH match, but Sting/Taker does nothing for me. Even a Sting/HHH match makes no sense at this point. Would HHH want to fight him because he caused him to be out of power for a month? With the Authority back it's made Sting's appearance moot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no nostalgia for Sting and I never want to see Taker again. I think I could care about a Sting/HHH match, but Sting/Taker does nothing for me. Even a Sting/HHH match makes no sense at this point. Would HHH want to fight him because he caused him to be out of power for a month? With the Authority back it's made Sting's appearance moot.

Yes, HHH has motivation for it, and is actually back on TV now which means he can progress that storyline. It makes sense.

Aiii

So not worth it

No, actually you do it the other way around. Sting returned to put the Authority out of business, failed due to the stupid Cena stipulation and now he returns to finish the job permanently, match stip is if Sting wins, The Authority is gone for good this time.

Sephzilla

Right now Ziggler vs HHH makes more sense than Sting vs HHH to be honest. We've still gotten no explanation as to why Sting even showed up in the first place. Ziggler trying to kill the Authority again makes a bit more sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
Right now Ziggler vs HHH makes more sense than Sting vs HHH to be honest. We've still gotten no explanation as to why Sting even showed up in the first place. Ziggler trying to kill the Authority again makes a bit more sense.

Crow Sting fights evil authority stables, it's what the character is best known for. I don't see how it needs to be more complicated than that. Sting came to WWE to rid them off the evil authority.

jred2k

No, actually you do it the other way around. Sting returned to put the Authority out of business, failed due to the stupid Cena stipulation and now he returns to finish the job permanently, match stip is if Sting wins, The Authority is gone for good this time.
Gone for good. Lol. They'd be back by Extreme Rules and the whole thing would be pointless again.

If we want to stick to the storyline, shouldn't Bryan be in that spot? Everyone else seems shoehorned in. He should have a handicap match against HHH, Brock, Rollins, Undertaker, Wyatt, and Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom