• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Reigns and Rusev sounds like it makes sense. It's the type of feud Reigns feels like he should be having at this stage of his career. He hasn't had any memorable singles feuds or victories up until now, has he? Maybe Orton? Why would they put the belt around a guy who hasn't had any memorable programs?

If you register for the network the day of the Rumble you should get the Rumble and February ppv for 9.99 right? Then cancel and rejoin the day of Wrestlemania and get WM and the April ppv for only 9.99? So basically getting 4 ppvs for $20?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YVtNfVZ.png

Thank you

If you register for the network the day of the Rumble you should get the Rumble and February ppv for 9.99 right? Then cancel and rejoin the day of Wrestlemania and get WM and the April ppv for only 9.99? So basically getting 4 ppvs for $20?

I'm all about being a cheapskate but camon man

jmdajr

Let it be known that, on January 26, 2015, at 8:03pm Eastern (5:03pm Pacific), the new WWE Champion will be the first to point towards the heavens at the sign for Wrestlemania XXXI ("The Wrestlemania of Wrestling"), officially kicking of Wrestlemania Season.

john-cena-point.jpg
I hype about pointing

Imagine if Sin Cara had actually been good. Most epic Wrestlemania point of all time.

Striker

Right now Ziggler vs HHH makes more sense than Sting vs HHH to be honest. We've still gotten no explanation as to why Sting even showed up in the first place. Ziggler trying to kill the Authority again makes a bit more sense.
That's what I was thinking, but truthfully I don't think Triple H or Vince would do it. Too much below their level, or some horseshit. To me, the story is similar to the one CM Punk-Triple H was doing but without the god awful fourth wall breaking, and one actually being the heel.

I think it's necessary for Rollins to be in a sweet spot heading in as well. A triple threat match with Reigns and Ambrose probably works, even if he doesn't win it. The cash in delivers his prominence shortly after. There's your Edge-like heel.

Fox318

That's what I was thinking, but truthfully I don't think Triple H or Vince would do it. Too much below their level, or some horseshit. To me, the story is similar to the one CM Punk-Triple H was doing but without the god awful fourth wall breaking, and one actually being the heel.

I think it's necessary for Rollins to be in a sweet spot heading in as well. A triple threat match with Reigns and Ambrose probably works, even if he doesn't win it. The cash in delivers his prominence shortly after. There's your Edge-like heel.

Hunter once tapped out in the mania main event to a wrestler he once said "could be carried"

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys, I put up a post visiting the career of Shinsuke Nakamura (similar to the Minoru Suzuki one I did), and here it is!

Cool. Got done reading it just now. Fun to learn a bit more about his history. My only complaint would be your writing style sounding a bit juvenile and fanboy-ish at times, but I get that you're pretty hyped.

I hype about pointing

Imagine if Sin Cara had actually been good. Most epic Wrestlemania point of all time.

On the road to WM he could point at his opponent on the ramp and point at the sign opposite at the same time to a frenzied pop, too bad he was a bust.

Anyone with AXS tv tonight at 12:30 set. Cm punk Will be on inside mma.

Josh barnett will also be on to talk about New Japan on Axis tv.

Jim,Ross will be in as well

Alucard

Banned
Guys, are we cool with Rollins cashing in on Bryan or Reigns at Mania?...and winning? And then beating Bryan or Reigns in a one-on-one match the following PPV to retain?

Not sure how I feel about this, guys. :(

kiguel182

Guys, are we cool with Rollins cashing in on Bryan or Reigns at Mania?...and winning? And then beating Bryan or Reigns in a one-on-one match the following PPV to retain?

I'm torn on that.

I think he should wait until Money In the Bank and have is championship feud be at SummerSlam.

I don't want to see Bryan have another one night reign and Roman Reigns would be hurt if he had one.

Cagey

Banned
I just came to the stunning realization that my phone calls with my dad have a 4MOD ending sequence.

"Everything good"
Yep
"Alright"
Okay
"Alright I'll talk to you later"
Okay
"Bye"
Bye

Every god damn time.

Sephzilla

I want Rollins cashing in at Mania if Reigns is the one who beats Brock.

If Bryan is the one who beats Brock, then Rollins should hold onto it for a while longer. Bryan deserves to have a multi-month title reign.

Cool. Got done reading it just now. Fun to learn a bit more about his history. My only complaint would be your writing style sounding a bit juvenile and fanboy-ish at times, but I get that you're pretty hyped.

Thank you! That's actually suppose to be how it comes off, as I feel it adds personality and a "realness" in what I'm writing instead "Ok here I am and I am writing". Thanks for the feedback though!

somedevil

TNA attendance update:

We note before that around 450-500 fans attended Wednesday night's tapings. It was expected that 300-350 fans attended last night's tapings. Tonight's Lockdown tapings are said to be sold out.

Well at least they sold out Friday for the lockdown stuff.

Fox318

What would happen to a live show if like 4 people came out?

Would they just start getting homeless dudes off the street?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saw the Kong return finally. I think it would have been much better if they had just played her music first but whatever.

somedevil

Hearing reports of another dreadful roman reigns promo on smackdown where he talks about bugs bunny and donkey kong

Heard that maybe these words came out of his mouth "suffering succotash."

Who is giving him these promos and are they intentionally trying to give Bryan the Rumble Win?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only moment of pre gaming I had for TNA was a brief respite on Wednesday where I turned on Destination America and they were showing...

The Bully Ray/Brooke Hogan wedding! I made it just in time for the gif!

Alucard

Banned
Lol very nice.

Viewership numbers came in at 263k for TNA's debut on Destination America. So very close to my prediction of 250k. They are officially a flop.

Give 'em a few months to find an audience. I really hope they're able to pay their talent sufficiently and still make money. We'll see where they are 3-4 months down the road.

Kaladin

Lol very nice.

Viewership numbers came in at 263k for TNA's debut on Destination America. So very close to my prediction of 250k. They are officially a flop.

That's probably the highest rated program for that network.

I bet they average 150k per week, which is great for them.

kiguel182

Lol very nice.

What is the highest rating Destination America show?

Those numbers aren't great but most of their fanbase that didn't had the channel probably watched it online or something.

Alucard

Banned
Heard that maybe these words came out of his mouth "suffering succotash."

Who is giving him these promos and are they intentionally trying to give Bryan the Rumble Win?

It's probably one guy with a pen and paper writing this stuff in his bedroom and laughing his ass off while he's imagining the words coming out of Roman's mouth. And this guy's room is plastered in D-Bry posters and YES merch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom