• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you have cable in the US, you probably have Spike.

If you have cable in the US, you probably don't have Destination America in your package. You can get it if you're willing to go up a bit with most, but not all, packages.

Only a couple of the barest bone cable packages don't have Spike though.

Fox318

d6kBCx0.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These are fun. I might even change my avatar and use one. Who could get me to do such a thing? Rick Rude? Old school Rick Steiner? Randy Anderson?

Yeah, probably any of those.

Randy Anderson?

It has to be Nash with the raised eyebrow.

When is Avatar Rumble!

Hoping for night before real Rumble, but jesus FUCK, WWE2k15 is absolutely horrendous.

F4W is reporting 359,000. Where'd you get that?

F4W is reporting 359K viewers for TNA.

Bobo is conning y'all
Wade Keller. Finding Bigfoot got 250k viewers. So this would put it as the top show, but not really great numbers. It's especially bad when you consider the channel is in 60% of the homes as Spike, so adjusting from the normal Spike numbers it should be around 480k. This number will only go down with the move to Friday night.

Heel

I need to know how TNA Impact's ratings fared in comparison to Destination America's tent pole series' "BBQ Pitmasters" and "Amish Haunting" before I'm willing to label their debut a flop.

I need to know how TNA Impact's ratings fared in comparison to Destination America's tent pole series' "BBQ Pitmasters" and "Amish Haunting" before I'm willing to label their debut a flop.

Only five shows all week topped 200K. Killing Bigfoot drew 250K compared to Impact's 263K. It's good for the channel, but probably well below where Destination America wanted it to be. Plus numbers will drop when it moves to Friday next week.

Penguin

Speaking of TNA...
I'm actually going to the taping tonight...
My friend asked and I couldn't say no

And literally work next door to the building so not out of my way

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guys, are we cool with Rollins cashing in on Bryan or Reigns at Mania?...and winning? And then beating Bryan or Reigns in a one-on-one match the following PPV to retain?

Not sure how I feel about this, guys. :(

I want to see someone cash in at Wrestlemania. God, just imagine the heat.

Cagey

Banned
Reigns getting that Sandow test treatment.

Trying to seem if Roman Reigns, like Al Pacino, can take little kid talk and make it sound like tough guy slang.

NA NA, nanny boo boo.

frank-caliendo.bmp

Heel

Only five shows all week topped 200K. Killing Bigfoot drew 250K compared to Impact's 263K. It's good for the channel, but probably well below where Destination America wanted it to be. Plus numbers will drop when it moves to Friday next week.

So they're carrying a fledgling channel and their ratings have suffered, a la UFC on FOX Sports 1. It's not a surprise that their audience hasn't migrated with perfect math, because Destination America is not actually a destination channel. Do you know where it is? I don't.

I doubt Destination America is upset at those numbers, more likely the opposite, but it's not a good place to be "hitting it out of the park" for your partner station when it halves your audience. I've seen that play out.

Torch reported the 263K figure. Haven't seen the 400+ one on the Observer site, but also haven't listened to the new Bryan and Vinny show, so it might be covered there.

What heat? You can't hear the crowd well at WM.

Meltzer might have used combined numbers with replay. 263k is the accurate number though.

So they're carrying a fledgling channel and their ratings have suffered, a la UFC on FOX Sports 1. It's not a surprise that their audience hasn't migrated with perfect math, because Destination America is not actually a destination channel. Do you know where it is? I don't.

I doubt Destination America is upset at those numbers, more likely the opposite, but it's not a good place to be "hitting it out of the park" for your partner station when it halves your audience. I've seen that play out.

Well numbers will only go down when it moves to Friday. I guess it really depends on how much Destination America paid for TNA if they are happy or not. Seeing as how Impact was supposed to be their ticket to making it big in cable channel world, I doubt they are that happy though.

Toki767

I bet viewer numbers go down next week when people don't know why the show isn't on Wednesday nights again after premiering on a Wednesday night.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What heat? You can't hear the crowd well at WM.

I heard the crowd just fine when Brock pinned Taker. I think Rollins cashing in on Bryan (it would have to be Bryan) right after he completes the triumphant return would go over similar. It's not just about Wrestlemania though, like I said before, you're solidifying Seth long term as the top heel with that moment.

Bryan is strong enough to take that L at Wrestlemania and bounce back. He had the storybook ending last year, let's try something different and make a new superstar in the process.

Sephzilla

I heard the crowd just fine when Brock pinned Taker. I think Rollins cashing in on Bryan (it would have to be Bryan) right after he completes the triumphant return would go over similar. It's not just about Wrestlemania though, like I said before, you're solidifying Seth long term as the top heel with that moment.

Bryan is strong enough to take that L at Wrestlemania and bounce back. He had the storybook ending last year, let's try something different and make a new superstar in the process.

Pretty sure the only thing you could hear during this part was silence

Heel

Seeing as how Impact was supposed to be their ticket to making it big in cable channel world, I doubt they are that happy though.

If they thought this, they deserve failure. I guess it all depends on how much they're spending in comparison to "Prepper Hillbillies" and "United States of Bacon."

Sephzilla

I genuinely miss both the Wyatt Family and The Shield.

Bray doesn't feel as intimidating and powerful if he doesn't have a few people following him like a cult leader. At the very least they should have paired The Ascension with Bray.

I still think The Shield broke up at the worst time. They were pretty much at their peak as a faction during the Evolution feud. I also enjoyed Roman a lot more when Ambrose and Rollins were covering for him.

Bray doesn't feel as intimidating and powerful if he doesn't have a few people following him like a cult leader. At the very least they should have paired The Ascension with Bray.

I still think The Shield broke up at the worst time. They were pretty much at their peak as a faction during the Evolution feud. I also enjoyed Roman a lot more when Ambrose and Rollins were covering for him.

The turn was ill conceived anyway. They took the one guy that was the obvious natural babyface and turned him heel. Ambrose is a natural heel and it could have helped Roman grow into what they wanted as the cool babyface after doing the cool heel thing.

I thought the Shield breakup was too soon and the wrong guy turned, but I feel confident now in saying I was super wrong there. Everyone is doing super well in singles. Rollins is way higher than I thought he would be, and an awesome heel. Same with Ambrose as a face. It just works.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Watching that Shield doc they put on the Network before Summerslam actually convinced me Seth is the natural heel. Dude really does come off like a smarmy asshole.

imBask

Banned
why are we talking about The Shield? it's still too soon. The wound is still exposed, especially considering the current state of RAW

not to say that the 3 of them are doing bad, but RAW was way better overall when they were together

Sephzilla

The turn was ill conceived anyway. They took the one guy that was the obvious natural babyface and turned him heel. Ambrose is a natural heel and it could have helped Roman grow into what they wanted as the cool babyface after doing the cool heel thing.

The timing of the breakup still makes absolutely no sense. Rollins should have turned at the PPV

I thought the Shield breakup was too soon and the wrong guy turned, but I feel confident now in saying I was super wrong there. Everyone is doing super well in singles. Rollins is way higher than I thought he would be, and an awesome heel. Same with Ambrose as a face. It just works.

Are we sure, there? Rollins is the only guy who's really succeeding I think. Reigns cant cut a promo to save his life and he's had zero memorable matches or feuds so far. Ambrose is putting on entertaining matches but he's stuck in the Punkverse and I don't think he's won a major solo feud yet.

Alucard

Banned

We also need to remember that creative wanted to break them up at various points before their actual breakup too.

Toki767

The Shield are basically going to be the only guys from NXT that succeed in the WWE in the next 5 years.

Makes me wonder if Vince are burying NXT guys on purpose to send some sort of message to HHH and HHH just feels like none of the people being called up are worth putting up a fight over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Shield are basically going to be the only guys from NXT that succeed in the WWE in the next 5 years.

Makes me wonder if Vince are burying NXT guys on purpose to send some sort of message to HHH and HHH just feels like none of the people being called up are worth putting up a fight over.

Wyatt and Harper should be fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom