• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

The timing of the breakup still makes absolutely no sense. Rollins should have turned at the PPV

Are we sure, there? Rollins is the only guy who's really succeeding I think. Reigns cant cut a promo to save his life and he's had zero memorable matches or feuds so far. Ambrose is putting on entertaining matches but he's stuck in the Punkverse and I don't think he's won a major solo feud yet.

I think the break up was done at the right time. They just beat Evolution again. Who was left for them to feud with after that? Plus Bryan was gone so they needed it to happen.

Well as for best Reigns match his one with Orton at Summerslam was his best. Meltzer gave it 4 stars. Plus for Dean if you watch Smackdown he is back from his own universe.

Sephzilla

The Shield are basically going to be the only guys from NXT that succeed in the WWE in the next 5 years.

Makes me wonder if Vince are burying NXT guys on purpose to send some sort of message to HHH and HHH just feels like none of the people being called up are worth putting up a fight over.

I wouldn't go that far yet. All three Wyatt family guys are doing well so far. The Shield is doing well so far. The guys that have flopped are people I wasn't expecting to do too much on the main shows anyway.

--Bo Dallas screams "midcard"
--Adam Rose was always just an intro, he sucks in the ring and his character is boring as fuck.
--Big E Langston would be doing better if they let him keep the 5 count gimmick and let him show more personality. He's more hurt by being a minority.
--Xavier Woods = See Big E
--Paige is a woman so she wasn't going to do much on the main show because the Diva's division is considered a joke. This might get fixed once Charlotte and Sasha get called up and make people notice they can wrestle.
--Emma = see Paige
--Tyson Kidd was never going to get the same amount of mic time as he did on NXT
--Ascension were always shit

Rusev has been fine so far but lets see what happens to him after his streak is over
AKA after he feuds with Cena

If more of the same shit starts happening when Neville, Itami, Balor, or Zayn get called up then I'll start to believe Vince is punishing the NXT crowd.

c1wVEEC.png

I like this one in particular, but they're all great. Any Ric Flair ones?

Showaddy

The Shield are basically going to be the only guys from NXT that succeed in the WWE in the next 5 years.

Makes me wonder if Vince are burying NXT guys on purpose to send some sort of message to HHH and HHH just feels like none of the people being called up are worth putting up a fight over.

Ambrose & Reigns aint even NXT guys though, like they came through developmental and FCW like everyone else but Rollins is the only HHH NXT guy really. Wyatt's been fine apart from his Cena burial as well. Rusev's been solid but his gimmicks completely different from his NXT days.

Toki767

Ambrose & Reigns aint even NXT guys though, like they came through developmental and FCW like everyone else but Rollins is the only HHH NXT guy really. Wyatt's been fine apart from his Cena burial as well. Rusev's been solid but his gimmicks completely different from his NXT days.

Reigns was...for like 2 weeks.

Ambrose wasn't though, that's true. Probably why HHH isn't exactly pushing for him to be protected the way Rollins and Reigns are.

Wyatt is less over now than when he debuted. I don't know how people think he's doing well.

Rusev has been great, but need to wait to see how they treat him after he loses to Cena.

Harper has potential, but they're already treating him like your ordinary mid-card heel who can't win without help when he should be destroying guys similar to Rusev.

Everyone else is basically not going to go anywhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I completely forgot about Russev.

That means there have so far been 6 male performers who have graduated from NXT into significant roles. That's really not bad at all. Plus its not like the book is written on Rowan or Bo Dallas yet (Bo is a competent mid card act)

Sephzilla

I'd consider one of Fox's avatars if he made me a Peter Weller RoboCop one

Needed to specify because otherwise I know you guys would swerve me with RebootCop

That means there have so far been 6 male performers who have graduated from NXT into significant roles. That's really not bad at all. Plus its not like the book is written on Rowan or Bo Dallas yet (Bo is a competent mid card act)

Do we count Bryan, Barrett, and the rest of the season 1 NXT guys as NXT grads?

Agreed, I never understood why they moved away from Thursdays. I pretty much stopped watching Smackdown entirely when it moved to Fridays because I actually do things on Friday night.

Wasn't their choice. UPN moved them to Friday and then cancelled them a year later. Why they never moved back off Fridays when moving to Syfy? No idea.

So is this the best NXT can get right now? Being just a smaller show that produces mostly jobbers on the main roster? Is there a chance they could expand the show, maybe to 90 minutes, take the show to a few of the smarkier town in the US and make it a competing show to Raw?

It's the only WWE product I watch and I love it, but it does suck knowing that no one stays there forever.

Cagey

Banned

Most guys from NXT are going to be lower/mid card acts because most wrestlers are lower/mid card acts. The success rate has been fine.

Toki767

Wasn't their choice. UPN moved them to Friday and then cancelled them a year later. Why they never moved back off Fridays when moving to Syfy? No idea.

Their ratings actually starting improving on Fridays so they probably figured they'd keep it there since there's much less competition on TV on Friday nights. Think of all the shows they'll now be competing with on Thursday. Especially when Thursday Night Football starts again in the Fall.

So is this the best NXT can get right now? Being just a smaller show that produces mostly jobbers on the main roster? Is there a chance they could expand the show, maybe to 90 minutes, take the show to a few of the smarkier town in the US and make it a competing show to Raw?

It's the only WWE product I watch and I love it, but it does suck knowing that no one stays there forever.

Without actual television, NXT's growth is automatically going to be very, very slow.

Sephzilla

I'd wager most of the NXT talent that has been called up would be better off if Vince wasn't running the show any longer. Also I don't think I'd want NXT going to 90 minutes or traveling. 60 minutes works great for NXT and the Full Sail crowd adds to the show alot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

There's always the chance that they empty out NXT, have them invade Smackdown, and redo the brand split. I don't think they will, plus they'd need to go on another big hiring push, but it would solve a lot of problems.

Heroman

Banned

As right yes, it would cost to much money to put on a show and they would have to get a tv spot for it which would be hard.

Kaladin

NXT can't really travel because of the performance center. It's a static location and they want their wrestlers to spend as much off time as possible there.

Why do you think they only do house shows in Florida?

Thanks guys.
I'd wager most of the NXT talent that has been called up would be better off if Vince wasn't running the show any longer. Also I don't think I'd want NXT going to 90 minutes or traveling. 60 minutes works great for NXT and the Full Sail crowd adds to the show alot.

Yeah I would be hesitant to leave full sail too, they're a big part of how great the show is.

Ambrose is a fantastic babyface - his merch being the top seller towards the end of last year shows that he clicked in a major way. And then he jobbed a bunch, which given how PPV payouts have been cut down severely, cuts down on his merch sales and thus greatly impacts his income.

He's so much better even now. You can tell taking off the mask was the best career move he could have ever made.

I remember when shots got out of him wrestling unmasked and people were piiiiissed...but now he's infinitely more likeable, can cut real promos not hamstrung by a gimmick now, and could easily be their next big underdog

Sami made out like a bandit

Alucard

Banned
Ambrose is a fantastic babyface - his merch being the top seller towards the end of last year shows that he clicked in a major way. And then he jobbed a bunch, which given how PPV payouts have been cut down severely, cuts down on his merch sales and thus greatly impacts his income.

The "can't be more over than Cena" treatment.

Suggestion - Make Rollins the primary face in the avatar but make J&J heads in the background

That's what I was hoping for l. Or at least separate them if three different people will use them. And make one for the briefcase lol

Borash is fucked. He's only 40.

This is only ten years ago. Borash was a spry 30 in this picture. He never looked great, but now he just looks like dog shit. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom