• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
‏@JohnCena 6 minutes ago

Congrats to @TripleH for his induction into the 2015 Int'l Hall of Fame. Well deserved for a career of hard work and excellence.

Sucking up to HHH. Wonder if he's trying to get a match changed?

he's trying to get sent up to NXT

jeff-jarrett-guitar-shot-o.gif

Mike Graham said:
He broke 6,000 guitars, never drew a dime.
Jeff-Jarrett-280_787360a.jpg

Fox318

the crowd went "meh, who cares" for about 5 seconds there

dreadful

They tried with that ending.

The entire show needs a jumpstart. Something to shock the system. A different presentation look would help but they could even do it by giving the title to somebody new almost outta nowhere with a clean finish.

Sami Zayn would be a prefect fit there.

‏@JohnCena 6 minutes ago

Congrats to @TripleH for his induction into the 2015 Int'l Hall of Fame. Well deserved for a career of hard work and excellence.

Sucking up to HHH. Wonder if he's trying to get a match changed?

not saying he isn't athletic but he doesn't play a sport. the man is a body builder and actor.

imBask

Banned
They tried with that ending.

The entire show needs a jumpstart. Something to shock the system. A different presentation look would help but they could even do it by giving the title to somebody new almost outta nowhere with a clean finish.

Sami Zayn would be a prefect fit there.

in a perfect world yes I would agree

until then, keep my homeboy Sami Zayn FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY from the main roster PLEASE

Kaladin

in a perfect world yes I would agree

until then, keep my homeboy Sami Zayn FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY from the main roster PLEASE

In a perfect world, NXT would be a proving ground to elevate new superstars and turn them into established names, or at least names with a buzz surrounding them by the time they reach the main roster.

But no, the "who have you beaten here?" attitude that we see with Kenta and Devitt on NXT is also on the main roster.

Just look at how The Ascension are treated.

Fox318

For as much as they see Cena as a cash cow for the kids they need to get him away for 3-4 months.

Have everyone else move their way up the card and then reintroduce Cena.

fuhrEHE.png

Fuck even a different set would be nice. They fucking have all of the old sets in storage. Ship that instead of the boring ass curvy wall.

somedevil

Tv Rating News:

TNA Impact from Pwtorch:

Impact drew 263,000 viewers, translating to a 0.46 cable TV rating (0.2 national TV rating).

On a third-tier channel reaching about 50 percent of available households, this put Impact at the top of Destination America's list for the week, topping 250,000 viewers for a show called "Killing Bigfoot."

- Impact drew approximately 166,000 adults 18-49 viewers, breaking down as 131,000 m18-49 and a small female 18-49 audience of 35,000. This is consistent with Impact on Spike TV struggling to draw female viewers.

The total audience broke down as 74.3 percent male and 25.7 percent female.

- Impact's median age was 48.9 years-old, carrying over from the Spike era of drawing an older crowd.

- The Impact replay at 11:00 p.m. EST drew 105,000 viewers or a 0.18 cable TV rating.

So Wrestling Observer combined the replay

Lucha Underground:

January 7: The return of Lucha Underground drew approximately 33,000 viewers at 8:00 p.m. EST on El Rey Network. This translates to a 0.14 cable TV household rating.

Total Divas:

The mid-season Season 3 premiere drew 1.411 million viewers

Some have given Paige credit for the bounce back.

somedevil

lol, he telling the audience he knows those lines sucks. Its like how Daniel Bryan did the same thing during the whole thing with him the Bella's and Gail Kim angle.

Heroman

Banned
I can't think of a good Cena singles match in the past 12 months. Even the Brock squash wasn't good, just an entertaining moment like Brock beating Taker.

Cena has ton of good matches every year, His Match with Rollins a few week ago was fantastic.

Alucard

Banned
Tv Rating News:

TNA Impact from Pwtorch:

So Wrestling Observer combined the replay

Lucha Underground:

Total Divas:

Some have given Paige credit for the bounce back.

Really hope LU's numbers continue to grow. They were drawing 5,000, 16,000, and 27,000 at various points in their 2014 run. Really drastic shifts. Their highest number ever was 34,000-ish. At least this Wednesday's episode was around that. I'd add to that number if I got El Rey in Canada.

This show deserves legit support, guys. It's really damn good.

strobogo

Banned
Really hope LU's numbers continue to grow. They were drawing 5,000, 16,000, and 27,000 at various points in their 2014 run. Really drastic shifts. Their highest number ever was 34,000-ish. At least this Wednesday's episode was around that. I'd add to that number if I got El Rey in Canada.

This show deserves legit support, guys. It's really damn good.

Do you have a Nielsen Box? If not, it doesn't matter if you do or don't want. Your view literally doesn't count. The ratings game is as carny as any other scam.

Alucard

Banned
Do you have a Nielsen Box? If not, it doesn't matter if you do or don't want. Your view literally doesn't count. The ratings game is as carny as any other scam.

I believe it. Best way I can probably support them and let El Rey know I want the show to continue is to buy a t-shirt from the El Rey website or something.

Lucha Underground's numbers are probably better than Impact's if you factor in the spanish version on free tv.

Don't know the answer to that, but recall seeing that LU was doing 150,000+ on Unimas?

Lucha Underground and ROH both get more than TNA did on Destination America, IIRC.

Lucha's Spanish version does very well and ROH has affiliates all over. They're both gonna stick around.

Depending on your carrier that isn't true anymore. Digital cable providers are capable of tracking how many viewers are watching a given channel. Lots of smaller channels use this data instead because its more accurate the the Nielsen numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom