• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I'd rather have

Cena vs Rusev
HHH vs Sting
Bray vs Undertaker
Lesnar vs Bryan

as the big feuds.

For me it would be

Cena vs Rusev
HHH vs Ziggler
Undertaker vs Sting
Lesnar vs Bryan

I don't think HHH vs Sting would be a very entertaining match to be honest. Bryan is a big part of what made the HHH/Bryan match last year work so well because Bryan could dish out a pretty good offense and also take a very good offense at the same time. I don't think we'd get to see New Japan HHH in a match against Sting like we did against Bryan. Ziggler would put on a much better match against HHH and I think both would compliment each other's move sets very well.

I'm actually 100% okay with Taker vs Bray and I think it would be a good match and have some good build up to it. But I need that Sting/Taker match. I'd be more hyped for Taker/Bray if the Streak was still alive, because I think Bray could take The Streak win and run with it.

I'd rather not see it but Rusev vs Cena feels inevitable at this point.

Lesnar is the opponent Bryan needs.

tumblr_lnk85d9nF11qj203do1_400.jpg

For me it would be

Cena vs Rusev
HHH vs Ziggler
Undertaker vs Sting
Lesnar vs Bryan

I don't think HHH vs Sting would be a very entertaining match to be honest. Bryan is a big part of what made the HHH/Bryan match last year work so well because Bryan could dish out a pretty good offense and also take a very good offense at the same time. I don't think we'd get to see New Japan HHH in a match against Sting like we did against Bryan. Ziggler would put on a much better match against HHH and I think both would compliment each other's move sets very well.

I'm actually 100% okay with Taker vs Bray and I think it would be a good match and have some good build up to it. But I need that Sting/Taker match. I'd be more hyped for Taker/Bray if the Streak was still alive, because I think Bray could take The Streak win and run with it.

I'd rather not see it but Rusev vs Cena feels inevitable at this point.

Lesnar is the opponent Bryan needs.

Well any Sting match will be all spectacle. I thought the guy would actually try to get in shape for his WWE match, but he came out at Survivor Series still looking horrible. Atleast vs HHH, Sting can be carried to something decent. Undertaker needs someone to carry him too. Undertaker vs. Bray gives Undertaker an opponent that also has a mystique behind him and can carry the feud on the mic. Lesnar vs Bryan is the match I've been wanting since it was the plan before he got hurt last year for Summerslam.

Miz defeats Sami Zayn in pre-show squash match

Usos vs Ascension - Elimination tag
Kane vs Big Show - 2/3 falls
Dean vs Bray - Casket in an ambulance match. The keys to the back door of the ambulance are on a pole.

performance by florida georgia line and machine gun kelly

HHH vs Taker 4 - HHH wants one more shot to win over a weakened taker
20 diva match or something
Cena vs Lesanar vs Roman Reigns.

* Bryan's injury got agitated after taking a tombstone from Kane on SmackDown. Had to be written out of the card and replaced by Reigns

jbl is easily the worst on commentary right now followed closely by king. jbl just blurts out random shit all the time real loud and just tries too hard being heel on commentary. king feeds obvious vince written bullshit lines on the reg. idk booker t, cole, and jr if that was possible.

Well I also remember people being against Brock going against Taker simply because most people felt that Taker would get legit hurt against Brock. Look what ended up happening. Sting's move set is pretty damn safe compared to Brock's.

I thought people consider him great to work with because he works easy on them? I recall SCSA bringing that up recently.

Toki767

For some reason when I watch Lucha Underground it feels like a lot of the guys wearing masks are actually American indie wrestlers or something.

Alucard

Banned
For some reason when I watch Lucha Underground it feels like a lot of the guys wearing masks are actually American indie wrestlers or something.

Not always, friend.

Fenix-Sagrada.gif

Or maybe you feel that way because so much of the high flying indie style is influenced by lucha.

Sin Cara acts like he doesn't give a shit. Even when he is supposed to be excited or show energy it seems like he does it half ass. I don't think he actually wants to be there.

Kaladin

Sin Cara acts like he doesn't give a shit. Even when he is supposed to be excited or show energy it seems like he does it half ass. I don't think he actually wants to be there.

Look at it this way. You have this established heel character known as Hunico and you ride out to the ring on dope ass bikes each week. Then you come into work one day and they tell you "Hey, we need you to work the mask again. Only this time, we're pairing you with this new kid who will totally outshine you in every way and carry most of the matches."

Would you give a shit after a few months?

Look at it this way. You have this established heel character known as Hunico and you ride out to the ring on dope as bikes each week. Then you come into work one day and they tell you "Hey, we need you to work the mask again. Only this time, we're pairing you with this new kid who will totally outshine you in every way and carry most of the matches."

As long as they paid me I wouldn't care. They need to get Kalisto away from him though. That guy can legitimately be huge and be the next Mysterio for them.

strobogo

Banned
Look at it this way. You have this established heel character known as Hunico and you ride out to the ring on dope ass bikes each week. Then you come into work one day and they tell you "Hey, we need you to work the mask again. Only this time, we're pairing you with this new kid who will totally outshine you in every way and carry most of the matches."

YOU look at it THIS way:

You get to come back to work to go from an embarrassing and offensive stereotype to a cool stereotype, get merch money, and get paid more because you're actually working on TV all the time instead of stuck working house shows and one Smackdown a month.

Ithil

YOU look at it THIS way:

You get to come back to work to go from an embarrassing and offensive stereotype to a cool stereotype, get merch money, and get paid more because you're actually working on TV all the time instead of stuck working house shows and one Smackdown a month.

Also you win a title for the first time. Yeah developmental title but it's more than he had as Hunico.

Ladies and gentlemen, the return of a WWE Superstar you've all been waiting for is almost here!!!

david-otunga-premiere-the-call-01.jpg

Tonight at the house show in Chattanooga, TN.

EVOLVE 37 TONIGHT

SHOUKD BE A VREAT SHOW

Hype for,Busick vs lee

*Johnny Gargano defends the Open the United Gate title against a mystery opponent
*Roderick Strong vs. Drew Galloway
*Ricochet vs. Timothy Thatcher
*Anthony Nese vs. Rich Swann in a 10:00 Ironman rules match
*AR Fox & Uhaa Nation vs. The Bravado Brothers
*Trevor Lee vs. Biff Busick

Here is the first Strong/Galloway match

Drew Galloway vs. Roderick Strong - Full Match Fr…: http://youtu.be/s9nAnhWYYgY

Aiii

So not worth it

Hunico is a huge mark for Lucha masks though...

Exclusive Mask Collection - Hunico - Superstar To…: http://youtu.be/qsi63N-91lk

I bet he was trilled when he got to play Sin Cara Negro and now this.

Heel

Wait a second, that Ricochet feller is a part of Lucha Underground...and they put a mask on him? What the frick?

Only five shows all week topped 200K. Killing Bigfoot drew 250K compared to Impact's 263K. It's good for the channel, but probably well below where Destination America wanted it to be. Plus numbers will drop when it moves to Friday next week.

I guess as long as the budget is similar to Killing Bigfoot the station would be happy with those ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom