• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kronik (in WCW anyway) was so much better. They actually had an over and believable finisher for the guys, they had a better look, and didn't come off as a copycat of anyone until they outright did the APA deal even though the whole idea was to recreate Demolition with it since Adams was in that too at the end.

RP912

Banned
Kronik (in WCW anyway) was so much better. They actually had an over and believable finisher for the guys, they had a better look, and didn't come off as a copycat of anyone until they outright did the APA deal even though the whole idea was to recreate Demolition with it since Adams was in that too at the end.

True...but despite the weird shapes and tired gimmick. Ascension was actually ok when they started out in NXT. A no nonsense tag team that'll knock the shit out of anybody that steps in their way. The problem with Ascension was the fact they pulled the trigger too soon on turning them heel when they were somewhat tweeners.

Kronik was dope yes (no pun)...but the inVasion shit ruin their credibility :(

RP912

Banned
Wouldn't it just have been easier if they just carried over their NXT character?

lmao lmao lolz

you saying a mouthful to a company that's actually jealous of their own fucking product o_o.

It would make sense but when you have a ceo that turns a tolerable tag team into a damn rib of tag teams in the past...it's a losing battle asking for such things.

somedevil

Remember when the Ascension actually had some credibility despite them being a chewed up bubble gum version of kronik :/

Now they are the imitation cheese version of the Road Warriors...

When? Basically there characters are the same. All they added was the face paint. Remove that and its the NXT versions of themselves.

Fox318

lmao lmao lolz

you saying a mouthful to a company that's actually jealous of their own fucking product o_o.

It would make sense but when you have a ceo that turns a tolerable tag team into a damn rib of tag teams in the past...it's a losing battle asking for such things.

They are burning money.

RP912

Banned
On another note...I'm watching this Dusty Rhodes match on NJPW World and it made me think of this question...

Could a prime young Dusty Rhodes make it in CZW?

Its such a shame that Cody didn't take off after 2011 and friggin 2013. He had an amazing gimmick with the MF doom mask, his run was amazing as dashing cody rhodes, the rhode scholars was a good tag team, and his performance at MITB 2013 was godtier. Yet, the wwe keeps fucking up his progression by sticking him in midcard hell for all eternity.
His feud with Mysterio was good stuff. He pulled off the dashing gimmick so much better than someone like Miz.

Fox318

Maybe Reigns will get a special match with Big Show at Fastlane?

mwouhEs.jpg

or a match with Goldust

0PGayfm.jpg

RP912

Banned
His feud with Mysterio was good stuff. He pulled off the dashing gimmick so much better than someone like Miz.

He pulled off most of his gimmicks very well. It's mind boggling that he's still in mid card hell and not being apart of the main event. Dude could be one of the best WWE champions of all time. Hell he brought legitimacy back to the IC belt when he was champion for a while and even brought back the classic white strap. It's like he's in a different era of wrestling because he would have been big in the 90s.

He pulled off most of his gimmicks very well. It's mind boggling that he's still in mid card hell and not being apart of the main event. Dude could be one of the best WWE champions of all time. Hell he brought legitimacy back to the IC belt when he was champion for a while and even brought back the classic white strap. It's like he's in a different era of wrestling because he would have been big in the 90s.
Yeah, it's true, he's always managed to make something out of the shit that he's usually dealt with. Only role I probably didn't enjoy was his legacy role but that's when he was starting out so I don't blame him. He switches between face and heel roles seamlessly.

Rusev. Sandow. The Shield trio. Bryan. Big E. Harper and Rowan. Wyatt, though I have no patience for him now. Ziggler. Lesnar. Swagger with Zeb. Mark Henry.

I can keep going...

Good choices. Anyone talk shit about you liking Harper or Big E, I got your back

UaABJ47.gif

On another note...I'm watching this Dusty Rhodes match on NJPW World and it made me think of this question...

Could a prime young Dusty Rhodes make it in CZW?

OHHHH I'VE FALLEN ON HAAAWDDD TACKS, DADDEH. GOTTA BE EXTWEEEM TA PAY DA BILLS, BECAUSE LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' DADDEH, I'M GONNA...I'M.. OHHH MYYYY.. JEEAZUZZZ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom