• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the assume he has a better workrate in a different setting.

My housemate finds Roman Reigns attractive, but prefers Seth Rollins, two tone hair and all.

I can conform that Seth Rollins is more attractive. Reigns is nice looking and all that, but way too dull.

Got my housemate to rank them quickly, so we have

"Two tone hair, even if the cunt does Crossfit" - Seth Rollins
"That Geordie One" - Adrian Neville
Brock Lesnar. Knew him by name.
"The guy who was fighting against the guy with the latern" - Dean Ambrose
"That samoan guy" - Reigns (this then leads onto a tangent about "Why are all Samoan men attractive?" going by Rock, Reigns and The usos. I show her Rikishi and that stopped that train of thought)
"The dancing one" - Fandango

That's some good work.

Brock may well be the most divisive superstar in this debate, you're into him or... super not.

DMczaf

What's up with this gimmick of doing hour long reviews of old ass games on Youtube?

Is this because of those Star Wars prequel reviews?

DMczaf

The only way that Seth promo could be better is if he told the commentary team to use their Owen voices when they speak of Ziggler, Ryback and Big Red.

I'm watching Miami Vice on Dada West's recommendation. You ever notice how Crockett's character is fully fleshed out; we see his house boat, his pet alligator, his car, race boat, estranged wife, son, mistress. Meanwhile, what do we know about Tubbs? His brother was killed by a drug dealer and he's black. What gives?

Matt Cross > Tough Enough. It's like the WWE's allergic to consummate professionals with respect for their craft, or something.

I'm sorry, but no. Consummate professional doesn't equal doormat.

His whole problem on that show was his passiveness, and after that passiveness gets called out, he proceeds to pipe in with the most limp, try hard, "permission to speak, sir?". What the fuck was that shit?

I..Wow. Is Roman Drunk? 'cause there's a moment when he sure as hell looks it and was that wink supposed to ingratiate him to the smarks after the 'dec-declare' promo?

Also before Reigns comes out I swear Jamie Noble is laughing his ass off. Is the rest of Smackdown worth watching? I'm still a bit behind. Up to this weeks NXT where it is just crazy how over Zayn is, I love it. Glad I started watching on the recommendation of WressleGAF.

I'm not sure how much I should thank you guys though. This month I've watched WK9, as much PROGRESS as I can get my hands on and the last month of NXT. That's on top of catching up with WWE after watching almost no wrestling all year it's got me firmly back in it's grasp.

Reigns "the power house" who doesn't really do any power moves. Sufferin' succotash? Seriously?

giphy.gif

Does this make Rollins Tweety? He realizes Sylvester always lost to Tweety right? How does Summer Rae feel about this?

jred2k

When is Vince gonna have Roman come out with his thumbs up saying "Ayeeeeeeee"? What an out of touch buffoon.

And thanks everyone for the poistive words. It's really meant a lot.

One of the first things John Cena says in this Total Divas episode...."I don't throw people under the bus" then the fucker winks. The gall this man has knows no bounds.

Do they save Bryan for Hour 3 since he's been the only thing to save a dropoff from happening in the last 4 months?

This means they'll put him in hour 1.

If it's a Lesnar confrontation of some kind, I'll watch the rest of the show.

If it's not, I can turn it off then.

Meltzer was spot-on with his review of Raw this week, saying it could have used a "Bryan pick-me-up" but never got one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm watching Miami Vice on Dada West's recommendation. You ever notice how Crockett's character is fully fleshed out; we see his house boat, his pet alligator, his car, race boat, estranged wife, son, mistress. Meanwhile, what do we know about Tubbs? His brother was killed by a drug dealer and he's black. What gives?

You know that he drives a Cadillac and loves the rasta

Zach

One of the friends I made in Tokyo is friends with Shinsuke Nakamura. After the NOAH show he hands over his phone and just says "Shinsuke". So I had about a five minute conversation about WK9 with the fucking man himself. It was awesome.

Whaaaa? Aren't you my fellow Tulsan? Why don't you take me on these fancy trips? I've got so much accrued vacation, man! >_>

I've definitely got to start watching some of links Inspire put up! Also, really want to see that Kimber match - she's probably become my favourite women's wrestler over the past year or so, mainly because she isn't afraid to lay it in.

Good lord, you are in for a treat with that Kimber Lee v Jessica James match, if you like laying it in. They beat the hell out of each other.

The chops. Wow. These weren't the slappy-sounding chops that make a sloppy sound and where the crowd goes "Woooo!" Because that's what they are supposed to do or what ever.

Nah. These chips were like the kind that resonate. Where it goes way deeper than the slappy ones, and you could hear the other girl's LUNGS or whatever. And the crowd doesn't go "Woooo!" Because that's what they're supposed to do, they go "OHHHHhhhh!" And grab their own chests because they have real sympathy for the real impact.

I just hope the cameras can capture that sound, because in the building, it was amazing.

I was really impressed with Kimber Lee personally as well. It was nice to meet her.

Nothing I hate more than seeing someone throw strikes without the ability (Veda's kicks, come to mind, as much as I enjoy Veda's work overall).

I think your "Veda's kicks" is akin to my "Portia's Superkick." LOL. It doesn't mean we don't like them or want to see them.

I thought Veda's NWA Title match vs Barbi Hayden at Inspire Pro last week was quite good. Veda took Barbi's Tower of London DDT thingie like SUPER DEATH. plus it ended in another "Austin Screwjob" so I'm sure Veda will be filing even more legal papers and stuff to get something out of Inspire Pro management.

Alucard

Banned
This means they'll put him in hour 1.

If it's a Lesnar confrontation of some kind, I'll watch the rest of the show.

If it's not, I can turn it off then.

Meltzer was spot-on with his review of Raw this week, saying it could have used a "Bryan pick-me-up" but never got one.

Bryan is again the only reason I'm going to check out Raw this week. And Smackdown.

Late by thread standards but I finally got to see most of WrestleKingdom 9. Great show and I think the English commentary helps. If New Japan was willing to do English Subtitles for promos and a full time English commentary team I'd sign up for World right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom