• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

friend serp, i'm filing a formal complaint about your avatar, i'll see you in court

180%20-%20crown%20jack_swagger%20smackdown%20smiling%20suit%20wwe.jpg

Alucard

Banned
So, AJ's finally taking care of a neck injury that she got before Summerslam and she says she's not pregnant because she's "too attached to (her) abs."

damn it

Whatever. Now I'm watching Real Ass Stone Cold clips from Tough Enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrFibfbBbg#t=82

Went IN on that motherfucker.

Holy fuck that's good Real Ass beatdown Stone Cold. I would watch the shit out of a show like that.

He's either knocked out or blacks out before the fall. He just doesn't fall naturally at all and he's done a fuckton of steps spots recently hitting them flat back, so he must think they're not so bad. Could be wrong, but it's just an odd fall.

Either way, crazy fuck finished the match..

EDIT: Dreamer was there and said it was a bad bump. If Tommy thinks it's a bad bump, it's a fucking bad bump.

Yeah he looked dazed as fuck up on the door before he fell, looked sickening :(

Wait, Bryan's first match back is on fucking Smackdown?
Must be a swerve, no way in hell they would waste a moment like that on Smackdown, or even Raw for that matter.

They should hang a Royal Rumble 2015 banner in the arena and just have Bryan come out and point to it, Mania style. Put over the network with the cheap pop, not a weekly free show that requires rebuilding to create a constant audience.

I'm thinking Ziggler, Ryback, and Rowan will come back as part of a group of Vigilante's with Sting and they will take on the Authority (HHH/Show/Kane/heel Sheamus?) at Wrestlemania to get their jobs back. It would be 1) a good way to hide Sting's ring rust and 2) a match where they can involve a lot of guys who otherwise might not have much for the show.

Now this is a damn good idea and would be a ton of fun and improve the standings of all those wrestlers involved.

So it won't happen.

Matt Cross > Tough Enough. It's like the WWE's allergic to consummate professionals with respect for their craft, or something.

Not a huge fan of Son of Havoc but his beard is awesome!

It's not very interesting at all. Most of it is the guy struggling to fit Russo's ridiculous ideas into the game, and then the carniest shit ever as you have to pay to see how the game responds to it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still waiting for Boootaaay to convince his co-worker Vince Russo to post here. I feel like we're the most Russo positive wrestling community. Even if it's a small number.

Also just buy the Russo guest books the WCW invasion instead

Still waiting for Boootaaay to convince his co-worker Vince Russo to post here. I feel like we're the most Russo positive wrestling community. Even if it's a small number.

Russo's too busy bringing his brand of booking to British wrestling. He made his IPW:UK debut tonight. There was a bum bag on a pole match (that's fanny pack to you guys). Also, there was a no DQ match with lots of blood on a show that sells family package tickets. Kids were crying. The main event featured a SWERVE and a female referee was beaten senseless. ATTITUDE ERA, BABY!!

gurudyne

I'm about an hour in and I'm not enjoying it at all. It's like a Euro Trash Bond mixed with Die Hard but somehow not good.

There's a scene in that movie that unreasonably pisses me off for some reason.
The blond woman shoots down a police helicopter with three shots from a silenced Glock, in about as offhanded/casual way as you can manage. Not just downs it, but blows it up in midair in a few seconds flat. That the explosion was some of the laziest special effects of the movie makes it so much worse.

That mother character was annoying as fuck, too.

Russo's too busy bringing his brand of booking to British wrestling. He made his IPW:UK debut tonight. There was a bum bag on a pole match (that's fanny pack to you guys). Also, there was a no DQ match with lots of blood on a show that sells family package tickets. Kids were crying. The main event featured a SWERVE and a female referee was beaten senseless. ATTITUDE ERA, BABY!!

Damn.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If WWE picks a NXT star to make a Rumble appearance, who is the most likely and who do you want to see?

I'd like to see Neville debut and one-up Kofi's typical spot.

Carnby

Bray Wyatt's attire... wft, seriously.

snake skin cowboy boots, fucking white pants, Hawaiian shirt, and a fucking fedora. Again, wft.

Guzim

If WWE picks a NXT star to make a Rumble appearance, who is the most likely and who do you want to see?

I'd like to see Neville debut and one-up Kofi's typical spot.

It'll probably be Neville, but I'd love to see Owens in there just to see him on a WWE PPV.

Fintan

I've enjoyed him in the Crank and Expendables movies.
I've only seen the first Expendables movie. I didn't really like it that much. It had its moments but I didn't think it had enough fun with the concept. Some parts were just bad versions of scenes from action movies, like all the stuff with Statham's ex-wife(?). It didn't really play with the 80's action movie concept enough or something. Been years since I've seen it.

Statham is good at what he does.

Have you seen the OSS:117 movies? They're a French parody of Connery-style Bond movies. Sort of a mix of Bond, Pink Panther, and movies like Airplane. A bit silly, but I enjoy them.

strobogo

Banned
I've only seen the first Expendables movie. I didn't really like it that much. It had its moments but I didn't think it had enough fun with the concept. Some parts were just bad versions of scenes from action movies, like all the stuff with Statham's ex-wife(?). It didn't really play with the 80's action movie concept enough or something. Been years since I've seen it.

Statham is good at what he does.

Have you seen the OSS:117 movies? They're a French parody of Connery-style Bond movies. Sort of a mix of Bond, Pink Panther, and movies like Airplane. A bit silly, but I enjoy them.

I feel like the "French" part is why Transporter 2 was so weird and annoying. I don't have a taste for the fine art of French cinema.

Alucard

Banned
So, has there ever been a time in television history when wrestling fans had so many different options to watch?

WWE
TNA
LU
ROH
NJPW (AXS)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes, during the late territory era ESPN, TBS, USA, FOX all had wrestling. TBS and ESPN at different points had two different promotions airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom