• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Late by thread standards but I finally got to see most of WrestleKingdom 9. Great show and I think the English commentary helps. If New Japan was willing to do English Subtitles for promos and a full time English commentary team I'd sign up for World right away.

Glad you enjoyed it. What match are you at? Nakamura and Ibushi was a classic.

I think it's still possible to enjoy the product without English commentary and subtitles, but to each their own. Totally get your position on the matter.

Dear lord this Bella storyline in Total Divas is simply unbearable and I don't see this ending anytime soon. Just awful, even by reality tv standards. Saveusvinny.exe

Paige on the other hand, breath of fresh air. She is lovely and of course Natalya hates her guts.

Upon seeing the Steph/Brie match, HHH selling to Brie is both hilarious and awesome at the same time. Big ups to that guy.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, are any of the Divas faces at this point? Scanned a Main Event match between Paige (/w Natalya) against Nikki (/w Brie) and everyone acted like a heel.

Vylash

LLiNf8j.gif

Glad you enjoyed it. What match are you at? Nakamura and Ibushi was a classic.

I think it's still possible to enjoy the product without English commentary and subtitles, but to each their own. Totally get your position on the matter.

Halfway through the Intercontinental title match and the IWGP World title match is left. I would be happy watching with Japanese commentary with subtitles for promos as I feel that's more important. I just don't want to have to check a message board to find out what was said as that takes me out of the show.

Reigns is gonna get booed out of philly worse than batista.

He (and by "he" I mean the WWE) kinda deserves it if they're going to keep forcing his push. He's less accomplished and more forced than Batista was last year. Batista was booed more because Bryan was getting screwed than anything he did. Bryan has possibly been away too long to be mistreated enough to get quite that level of support again. Reigns, doing his part, has been awful at everything and done nothing to disprove all this (now increasing) doubters. If this were any other company, or we had the least bit of faith in WWE's creative process or ability to craft a story, it would all be part of the plan to make Reigns a mega heel any promotion could be proud of, but it's WWE, so we know they're just fucking terrible with absolutely no sense of what is good.

Alucard

Banned
Halfway through the Intercontinental title match and the IWGP World title match is left. I would be happy watching with Japanese commentary with subtitles for promos as I feel that's more important. I just don't want to have to check a message board to find out what was said as that takes me out of the show.

Fair enough. I don't follow the promos but just try to guess what's going on by the actions of the wrestlers. If I'm confused by something, I'll read about it online.

Looking forward to your thoughts once you've finished the show.

Alucard

Banned
Reigns is over with the universe regardless of his shitty performances. I think the smark crowd might be the only segment of the wrestling watching population that sees that Roman is not ready.

XenoRaven

Reigns is over with the universe regardless of his shitty performances. I think the smark crowd might be the only segment of the wrestling watching population that sees that Roman is not ready.
If the people that think he isn't ready are in the minority, then he is ready.

Alucard

Banned
Whatever we think, the WWE has gotten lucky with so much discussion over this whole thing. Bryan marks like myself want to see Bryan win the Rumble, while Reigns marks want to see Reigns win. The WWE have done their jobs in terms of getting people interested in watching the Royal Rumble. Sure, a lot of it is just plain luck, but I'll likely be going to a movie theatre to watch the Rumble because I'm invested in Bryan.

3tKEpHA.gif

Whatever we think, the WWE has gotten lucky with so much discussion over this whole thing. Bryan marks like myself want to see Bryan win the Rumble, while Reigns marks want to see Reigns win. The WWE have done their jobs in terms of getting people interested in watching the Royal Rumble. Sure, a lot of it is just plain luck, but I'll likely be going to a movie theatre to watch the Rumble because I'm invested in Bryan.

I don't know why it is, but Reigns having marks is an odd concept to me.

strobogo

Banned
he's over now

until he robs Bryan of the Rumble.

It's Batista all over again.

That SHOULD be the plan. Instant monster heat on Roman that he'll never get as a face being John Cena. Eventually turn him face and you have a top dude 4LYFE. It's the easiest shit.

I never put two and two together and realized that referees used to count guys on the top turnbuckle because technically they're outside of the ring

That could have been dope. Have the Best Wrestler in North America being gay would be awesome.

The reality would have been much different obviously, being WWE and all. Also, you know, Bryan not being gay.

A ten-bell salute. Rollins is such a perfect slimeball, sell-out full of suffering succotash, son!

That promo was fucking trash, oh my God. Philly is gonna eat Roman alive.

The promo was straight trash. Totally embarrassing.

But man, J&J security grabbing the earpieces as Reigns walked the aisle, and then the bumping by J&J and Seth. Sooooo good.

They got the "make Roman look strong" message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom