• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I get fucking everything and even I don't have English LU. I don't even think its an option I can pay for if I wanted to...which I don't.

Carnby

I thought Crank 1 and 2 were phenomenal. It came out before and around the time that shithead Robert Rodriguez tried too hard to make a grindhouse movie, and in the process he completely missed the point. Purposefully sucking doesn't make it "grindhouse. Movies like Crank, The Devil's Rejects, and Hostel were the real modern grindhouse.

RP912

Banned
Resubbed to Netflix and don't know what the hell to watch. I binged hard on NJPW World and I want to take a break to see a flick for a change.

Vylash

Resubbed to Netflix and don't know what the hell to watch. I binged hard on NJPW World and I want to take a break to see a flick for a change.

28c79aac89f44f2dcf865ab8c03a4201.png

Fintan

I feel like the "French" part is why Transporter 2 was so weird and annoying. I don't have a taste for the fine art of French cinema.
Hey, well, I'd give them a go. They're pretty funny and lighthearted. They have Nazis. Jean Dujardin! Berenice Bejo!

What's your favourite Bond parody?

strobogo

Banned
Hey, well, I'd give them a go. They're pretty funny and lighthearted. They have Nazis. Jean Dujardin! Berenice Bejo!

What's your favourite Bond parody?

I don't know. I would have said Austin Powers until I rewatched it and found it brutally unfunny and dated.

Fintan

I don't know. I would have said Austin Powers until I rewatched it and found it brutally unfunny and dated.
A good 2/3 of the jokes in Austin Powers fall flat for me. They lean way too much on gross out humour and the sequels especially are just flat out bad. I'm not against dumb humour either, just think it's poorly executed there

Not really a fan of Myers as a performer overall.

I honestly wish TBS, TNT, or even TLC would get a promotion going.

Hell if TNA actually got their shit together they would be a perfect fit on TLC.

I'm honestly surprised that TBS never went back to wrestling with their push for original content. If your just building a TV promotion it seems like it would be cheap enough to pay off.

Fox318

I'm honestly surprised that TBS never went back to wrestling with their push for original content. If your just building a TV promotion it seems like it would be cheap enough to pay off.

Considering the mismanagement before I can understand them not wanting to get back into it.

Alucard

Banned
I wonder what the past two years of WWE programming would have been like if Vince kept his hands off the product. We'd probably still get all the Triple H promos.

Fox, that's good stuff.

Fox318

I wonder what the past two years of WWE programming would have been like if Vince kept his hands off the product. We'd probably still get all the Triple H promos.

Fox, that's good stuff.

Best thing HHH did with next if give guys roles and let them do their job.

The CEO of Universal is not responsible for writing the scripts for movies.

NuclearRaven

Neo Member
Hello fellow Marks and Jobronies alike!

My name is NuclearRaven and after some lurking I've decided to post in this GAF. For those who have an interest (and for those of you with the benefits of flash photography! Sorry, bad Edge and Christian joke) let me tell you a bit about my life as a wrestling fan. I was a kid back in the 90's and became a fan of Pro Wrestling (I absolutely refuse to use "Sports Entertainment." Makes me sick to say/hear it) around 1996 just as the NWO formed which led to the kick off of the Monday Night Wars and the Attitude Era. If you weren't around during that time or were too young to remember, you have my deepest condolences because you missed out on the very best era of Pro Wrestling ever. That's right I said it. Anyway, I followed wrestling up until the death of Eddie Guerrero in 2005 and as I was about to get back into wrestling, figured as I had grieved enough the whole Chris Benoit situation happened which caused me to keep away for a few more years until CM Punk cut his "Pipebomb" promo and the rest as people say is history. I've recently branched outside of WWE to follow other promotions like ROH, PWG, Chikara, Lucha Underground and most recently NJPW. If you want to know anything else from me, feel free to ask! Okay enough with the back story (sorry if it sounded like one of Triple H's 45 minute long promos) on to my top five favorite Wrestlers of all time.

5. Eddie Guerrero: Guy was the first Lucha Libre wrestler that I watched and he was extremely entertaining in and out of the ring. Miss him dearly even to this day.

4: Goldberg: Yeah yeah I know the guy couldn't wrestle at all and he only had two moves but he was booked like a monster back in the WCW days and that was quite impressionable on a young kid like me back in the day.

3: Mick Foley: Whether it was the Hardcore style of Cactus Jack, the Crazy talking Mankind that ripped out his own hair, or the smooth talking disco loving cool cat that was Dude Love, Mick was always a great performer that you couldn't help but love.

2: The Rock: The People's Champion. Need I say more?

1: Stone Cold Steve Austin: The man who personifies the Attitude Era with his two middle fingers and drinks beer in the middle of the ring with one of the coolest finishers ever in wrestling, the Stone Cold Stunner. The Texas Rattlesnake is my all time favorite wrestler and IMO he's the best.

Hope to enjoy a lot of wrestling discussions with all you guys!

Alucard

Banned
Jericho's been working quite a bit over the past few months. Must be nice to get to a stage in your career where you can pick and choose what you do.

Alucard

Banned
With Jericho working a bit more, I wonder what the chances are of him having a Mania match. He said on his podcast a while ago that he wished he'd done Mania XXX.

With Jericho working a bit more, I wonder what the chances are of him having a Mania match. He said on his podcast a while ago that he wished he'd done Mania XXX.

He wanted to work Bryan as a heel. Those plans fell apart when they needed Bryan more than they thought they did.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friend Mechashiva is at the W-1 show and just posted a picture of Hama-chan to my FB wall. What a guy!

10429359_10152748531904542_1509822411161970287_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hello fellow Marks and Jobronies alike!

My name is NuclearRaven and after some lurking I've decided to post in this GAF. For those who have an interest (and for those of you with the benefits of flash photography! Sorry, bad Edge and Christian joke) let me tell you a bit about my life as a wrestling fan. I was a kid back in the 90's and became a fan of Pro Wrestling (I absolutely refuse to use "Sports Entertainment." Makes me sick to say/hear it) around 1996 just as the NWO formed which led to the kick off of the Monday Night Wars and the Attitude Era. If you weren't around during that time or were too young to remember, you have my deepest condolences because you missed out on the very best era of Pro Wrestling ever. That's right I said it. Anyway, I followed wrestling up until the death of Eddie Guerrero in 2005 and as I was about to get back into wrestling, figured as I had grieved enough the whole Chris Benoit situation happened which caused me to keep away for a few more years until CM Punk cut his "Pipebomb" promo and the rest as people say is history. I've recently branched outside of WWE to follow other promotions like ROH, PWG, Chikara, Lucha Underground and most recently NJPW. If you want to know anything else from me, feel free to ask! Okay enough with the back story (sorry if it sounded like one of Triple H's 45 minute long promos) on to my top five favorite Wrestlers of all time.

5. Eddie Guerrero: Guy was the first Lucha Libre wrestler that I watched and he was extremely entertaining in and out of the ring. Miss him dearly even to this day.

4: Goldberg: Yeah yeah I know the guy couldn't wrestle at all and he only had two moves but he was booked like a monster back in the WCW days and that was quite impressionable on a young kid like me back in the day.

3: Mick Foley: Whether it was the Hardcore style of Cactus Jack, the Crazy talking Mankind that ripped out his own hair, or the smooth talking disco loving cool cat that was Dude Love, Mick was always a great performer that you couldn't help but love.

2: The Rock: The People's Champion. Need I say more?

1: Stone Cold Steve Austin: The man who personifies the Attitude Era with his two middle fingers and drinks beer in the middle of the ring with one of the coolest finishers ever in wrestling, the Stone Cold Stunner. The Texas Rattlesnake is my all time favorite wrestler and IMO he's the best.

Hope to enjoy a lot of wrestling discussions with all you guys!

Welcome, welcome goddammit welcome.

Surprised with all the NJPW you're watching that your Fave Five is all attitude era, save Goldbug. Glad another watched Lucha Underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom