• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother fox another

1420955420487.png

Well, apparently Nikki and Cena can't be seen interacting on RAW because she's a heel right now. And I guess Cena just cares about Edge more than he does for Nikki. And Christian does a shittier job of protecting Edge than Brie does of protecting her sister. And well, we can't compromise a Total Divas storyline for the sake of RAW programming that makes a lick of sense. Sorry.

Is that true? Shit, I would've loved to seen that come up on TV. They were doing the "join us" thing before Survivor Series, have The Authority trot Nikki out (or she does so voluntarily) and to try and coerce Cena to join up.

I dunno, I kept wanting them to bring it up at some point because I thought it was cool.

Have they ever done that before? Heel in a relationship with a Face?

strobogo

Banned
Is that true? Shit, I would've loved to seen that come up on TV. They were doing the "join us" thing before Survivor Series, have The Authority trot Nikki out (or she does so voluntarily) and to try and coerce Cena to join up.

I dunno, I kept wanting them to bring it up at some point because I thought it was cool.

Have they ever done that before? Heel in a relationship with a Face?

There was the Lex/Sting relationship in 1995/1996. Maria was dating Dolph on screen for a bit. Seems like most of AJ's on screen relationships were heel/face dynamics as well. Macho/Liz is the ultimate heel/face relationship.

Hasney

Those Fox avatars are great. I'd change if mine wasn't literally godtier.

There was the Lex/Sting relationship in 1995/1996. Maria was dating Dolph on screen for a bit. Seems like most of AJ's on screen relationships were heel/face dynamics as well. Macho/Liz is the ultimate heel/face relationship.

Drew/Kelly Kelly

That's one of the first ones that popped up in my head. Lex + Sting were still bros even though Luger was a big heel. I can't believe I forgot Macho/Liz though, that's unacceptable.

I like the dynamic, and I think it might've been interesting to see it play out in that scenario.

I once said the same thing about MVP. Then he decided it was a good idea to go to TNA. Now he's fucked for life.

I think MVP's age worked against him in that area, can't remember but didn't he turn down a new deal from WWE at some point?

Guys, Molly Holly tho

13717194.jpg

13717158.jpg

Anyone remember that whack job that dedicated way too much time talking shit about her? I use to see his comments everywhere on Youtube on videos related to her, comments on stories about her, message boards and I think the dude even had a blog dedicated to just calling her every name under the sun with various accusations. Some real obsessed angry psycho shit.

How the fuck did WWE get away with the Eugene thing?

He was a good guy and treated as "inspirational", at least early on. I'm still salty that they never turned him heel once the Eugene schtick ran its course. Then again, Triple H destroying him kind of made it impossible to bounce back from.

Anyone remember that whack job that dedicated way too much time talking shit about her? I use to see his comments everywhere on Youtube on videos related to her, comments on stories about her, message boards and I think the dude even had a blog dedicated to just calling her every name under the sun with various accusations. Some real obsessed angry psycho shit.

Yeah, it's hard to avoid if you wanna watch her stuff on Youtube. It was like a smear by some former seller that she worked with or something, yeah? Ridiculous shit regardless

Also before Reigns comes out I swear Jamie Noble is laughing his ass off.

He is indeed lol, Noble & Mercury have been on fire since they jumped on board with Rollins. I wonder if those 3 have a lot more rope to play with at the moment, seem willing to be more off the cuff than the rest of the roster.

I do love that Reigns comes in through the crowd so often, it's great to mix it up and obviously helps work the crowd up a bit.

"You never came out to help me against the beatdowns you fucker!"

Netherrealm Studios (the MK people) is doing it. I know some people who have done Mocap for it.

Any chance there is word on why it's mobile only rather than on PC/consoles? Seems odd unless WWE are too worried about losing money on it (or do 2K have a console exclusive deal?).

After reading that, it's amazing how TNA is still a thing. It's still around after being run by Dixie this entire time.

The Carter Family must have more money than sense. How did they make their fortune?

Luger/Sting being buddies even when Luger is a heel is a great touch.

Yeah, I found that dynamic really entertaining as it wasn't really hammed up. It was just a friend trying to look after a friend, even when he was being a total dick.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Inoki Era: IWGP Heavyweight Championship Part 1

• Antonio Inoki vs Masa Saito IWGP Heavyweight Championship 6/12/87
  • Vader vs Masahiro Chono IWGP Heavyweight Championship Tournament Match 4/24/89
  • Shinya Hashimoto vs Keiji Mutoh IWGP Heavyweight Championship 12/10/93
  • Big Van Vader vs Stan Hansen 6/12/90 IWGP Heavyweight Championship
  • Kensuke Sasaki vs Genichiro Tenryu IWGP Heavyweight Championship 1/4/00
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Keiji Mutoh IWGP Heavyweight Championship 1/4/09

I would recommend the last 4 matches. Inoki/Saito is some bullshit where Saito dominates and then Inoki wins with a flimsy reversal to become the first champion. Vader/Chono is basically a squash and I didn't realize it was just a tournament match until I watched it. The rest are rad, though. Hashimoto/Mutoh suffers a bit from the NJ heavyweights big match formula, but really picks up in the last 5-8 minutes. Fans were hot as fuck for it. Vader/Hansen is two gaijin HOSSES just knocking the shit out of each other for like 20 minutes. It's all you can ask for. Sasaki/Tenryu is probably my favorite match of this collection. They knocked the DOG SHIT out of each other. Stiff as fuck. It was great. Tanahashi/Mutoh is pretty much 90s Mutoh vs Shining Wizard Mutoh. It's a lot of fun if you are okay with mirror spots and lots of dragon screws and shining wizards. Interesting to see that Tanahashi hasn't changed ANYTHING in 6 years, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching some WWF 1998. I never liked Kane even when I was supposed to like Kane.

I guess one thing you can say about Kane is he never got worse. But another thing you can say is he never got better either.

Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker and X-Pac brawling in the ring. One of these things doesn't belong. One of these things is not like the others.
Jaysus that build-up and pop

So Tanahashi is Japan's Cena?

In the sense that's he got a limited, repetitive move-set, is super popular with certain demographics and has been presented as the top guy in the promotion for years now, yes, he's Japan's Cena. Cenahashi, if you weeeeeeel. But Tanahashi's 10x the performer Cena is and evidently has a great understanding of match structure and in-ring storytelling, not sure I can say the same for Cena.

Kornflayx

In the sense that's he got a limited, repetitive move-set, is super popular with certain demographics and has been presented as the top guy in the promotion for years now, yes, he's Japan's Cena. Cenahashi, if you weeeeeeel. But Tanahashi's 10x the performer Cena is and evidently has a great understanding of match structure and in-ring storytelling, not sure I can say the same for Cena.

And he doesn't come out after losing a title and saying "Well titles come and titles go"

miserable

yeah, this is exactly what i thought about him after seeing a couple of his matches

No, he just denies sick kids donations and struts around playing air guitar.

air guitar > u can't c me

It's like she's presenting in her living room while her parents are watching TV and she doesn't want them to know what she's doing. Just go all out.

Kornflayx

Okada was giving sick kids money everytime he won with the Rainmaker.

Oh ok. Would be a great gimmick for Cena. Guilt tripping opponents into losing: "You really want to beat me? What about all those foundations that rely on my money, that they only get when I win?"

ibaw9v4jSjhKBG.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also enjoy deathmatch stuff more than lucha libre.

I would rather watch the worst Onita match than the best lucha 6 man tag ever
CM-Punk-vs-Brock-Lesnar-Jondavidguerra-Shop.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I also enjoy deathmatch stuff more than lucha libre.

I would rather watch the worst Onita match than the best lucha 6 man tag ever

To each their own. I'd watch a lucha match over a death match any day of the week. I guess you just don't like the choreography? It's more of a performance than an athletic competition for sure.

UberTag

Oh ok. Would be a great gimmick for Cena. Guilt tripping opponents into losing: "You really want to beat me? What about all those foundations that rely on my money, that they only get when I win?"
That would be a perfectly fine gimmick for a heel corporate Cena.

RP912

Banned
When I was binging on NJPW World yesterday, I seen a Tanahashi match with Albert and I swear dude did the same fucking move 4 times in a roll. Imagine Cena doing that stupid shoulder block 10 times followed by his usual moveset. It was overkill, yet it was a pretty good match. Albert was legit pissed throughout the match screaming FUCK and all sorts of shenanigans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When I was binging on NJPW World yesterday, I seen a Tanahashi match with Albert and I swear dude did the same fucking move 4 times in a roll. Imagine Cena doing that stupid shoulder block 10 times followed by his usual moveset. It was overkill, yet it was a pretty good match. Albert was legit pissed throughout the match screaming FUCK and all sorts of shenanigans.

I love Albert (Giant Bernardoooooo) in Japan. Fun guy, and it looks incredibly massive up against ANYONE there.

I've been really enjoying them since the 'reboot', a lot of the problems they had in 2013 and the first half of 2014 have been fixed; less triple-shots (because, really, who's buying 3x iPPVs in a single weekend?), running the same buildings and drawing regular crowds and just a general improvement of the roster. I could do without the ranking system though, but it's Gabe and he's always seemed to love intricate/convoluted ranking systems.

And you about summed up Gargano, he really is "the man" in indie wrestling right now and has definitely matured as a performer - I'd love to see him in the UK, lots of lads over here he could having an amazing match with.

I think Southside are bringing him over fairly soon.

EDIT:
B6_Nsq0IUAAOqHv.jpg

RP912

Banned
Man that CM Punk/Brock match was so good. Unfortunately, it led to Punk playing Jericho's role when Punk was still in his prime :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom