• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

The Young Bucks intimidating a fan with their charisma:

KJgwIl8.png

ecurbj

Watching Smackdown, I hate the BOOs and applause they obviously overlay over the entrance music. It sticks out like a sore thumb and you can tell the difference when there is a real pop.
I was watching SmackDown on Hulu and noticed it also when Seth Rollins was recapping Monday night, he named-dropped each of the three fired wrestlers, pausing between each name. The “crowd” cheered loudly for each of them, including Erick Rowan, who has come out to absolute silence in recent Raw appearances. Was he suddenly madly popular in Laredo, Texas? Like its so annoying to the point I just turn the volume down and watch the matches. It sounds like a hair blow dryer honestly.

Kaladin

NXT House Show Results:

WWE NXT 1/10/15
Ft. Pierce, FL at the Fenn Center
*Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake defeated The Mechanics, Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson.

*Kevin Owens pinned Elias Sampson.

*Alexa Bliss did a short promo.

*Finn Balor pinned CJ Parker.

*Baron Corbin pinned Jason Jordan. Bull Dempsey attacked Corbin after.

*WWE NXT Womens champion Charlotte & Bayley beat Becky Lynch & Carmella.

Hideo Itami pinned Solomon Crowe..

The Vaudevillians defeated Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady.

*WWE NXT champion Sami Zayn beat Adrian Neville.

I could go for something like that next week when I go to one. Though, I know I'm getting Zayne vs Breeze and Charlotte / Bayley vs Banks / Lynch.

Hit and miss, even when the wrestling's good the audience can be a bit tepid and they've struggled attendance-wise. Some good matches here and there, though, but I prefer NOAH and AJPW at the moment.

Yeah I haven't caught a full show just highlights mostly, but I'm interested in viewing some.

As for NOAH/AJPW where you watching their shows at? I can't seem to find any sites dedicated to either promotion and I haven't watched either in years and want to catch up. Any help is much appreciated

As for NOAH/AJPW where you watching their shows at? I can't seem to find any sites dedicated to either promotion and I haven't watched either in years and want to catch up. Any help is much appreciated

There aren't really any puro fansites worth mentioning these days, which is a shame. This dude uploads pretty much all the stuff that appears online though, well worth following;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/JAHMAL1111/1

there's a AJPWorld 0_0?

Didn't know this was a thing.

It isn't, really. They partnered with Actvila to sell on demand versions of their events (about $4 per event, for 14 days rental), but the website doesn't allow purchase from outside of Japan and only has a handful of events from last September & October so far, so nothing to get excited about really. Also, it won't ever be an archive live NJPW World is, as they don't have access to any of the pre-Akiyama era footage. So nothing earlier than September 2014 :|

DMczaf

Have you guys talked about Tap Out doing WWE merchandise now?

Tap Out is doing WWE merchandise. I can already see the Roman Reigns shirts...

It isn't, really. They partnered with Actvila to sell on demand versions of their events (about $4 per event, for 14 days rental), but the website doesn't allow purchase from outside of Japan and only has a handful of events from last September & October so far, so nothing to get excited about really. Also, it won't ever be an archive live NJPW World is, as they don't have access to any of the pre-Akiyama era footage. So nothing earlier than September 2014 :|

If All Japan is ever going to become a serious company again having an archive to their 80s and 90s stuff would be a huge first step. I'd think about paying $10 a month just for a real NJPWorld equivalent just for the library.

Gonzalez

Banned
If All Japan is ever going to become a serious company again having an archive to their 80s and 90s stuff would be a huge first step. I'd think about paying $10 a month just for a real NJPWorld equivalent just for the library.
I don't think the current backers will ever be able to pry any of the pre-split footage from NTV. NJPW might eventually have a chance, though.

Hey guys, I reviewed the Sekimoto tag and the Okabayashi/K. Hash match from Big Japan's latest show online, check it out here!

Sweet, I've been meaning to watch this - big fan of K. Hash, dude's got a bright future, hopefully.

Bootaaay, do you do any blogging or video uploading somewhere? Or you just post in this community?

I post here and on the Voices of Wrestling forum mostly, plus I've written some stuff for VOW and The Indy Corner, who I'm now reviewing UK indy DVDs for. Also, going to be covering NJPW for Steel Cage Monthly magazine, which launches in March.

I think the problem is with the ownership of the footage - the All Japan that's in existence now is, technically, an entirely different company. The original, 'Zen Nihon Pro-Wrestling', is still owned by Nobuo Shiraishi (the madman who bought AJPW in 2012 and then almost destroyed it through his idiocy) - when Akiyama defected with the roster they became 'All Japan Pro-Wrestling' (with the name in English, rather than Japanese). Unless they can come to some agreement with Shiraishi and NTV, they probably won't have access to the archive stuff, which would be a huge shame.

DMczaf

Also from Meltzer today:

The reason Booker T and Byron Saxton are on Raw and Smackdown was because "they want a black face on TV"

WWE in 2015, ladies and gentlemen.

Alucard

Banned
Sweet, I've been meaning to watch this - big fan of K. Hash, dude's got a bright future, hopefully.

I post here and on the Voices of Wrestling forum mostly, plus I've written some stuff for VOW and The Indy Corner, who I'm now reviewing UK indy DVDs for. Also, going to be covering NJPW for Steel Cage Monthly magazine, which launches in March.

I think the problem is with the ownership of the footage - the All Japan that's in existence now is, technically, an entirely different company. The original, 'Zen Nihon Pro-Wrestling', is still owned by Nobuo Shiraishi (the madman who bought AJPW in 2012 and then almost destroyed it through his idiocy) - when Akiyama defected with the roster they became 'All Japan Pro-Wrestling' (with the name in English, rather than Japanese). Unless they can come to some agreement with Shiraishi and NTV, they probably won't have access to the archive stuff, which would be a huge shame.

Good stuff, man. Good luck with all of that. Steel Cage gonna be a physical mag?

Good stuff, man. Good luck with all of that. Steel Cage gonna be a physical mag?

Nope, digital only, but the magazine format appealed to me - also, Russo's writing for it (as his Vic Venom persona). The style they're going for is a more up-to-date, non-kayfabe, version of the old 70's/80's Apter mags like PWI and WOW - also, they're bringing back the monthly rankings, which is always a highlight of reading old PWI issues for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also from Meltzer today:

The reason Booker T and Byron Saxton are on Raw and Smackdown was because "they want a black face on TV"

WWE in 2015, ladies and gentlemen.

The only problem I see here is with Meltzer's wording, so look at Meltzer for that. I'm all for having black representation on the commentary team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom