• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Is that coming out on Vita or just as a PSP game? Kinda interested in the series but I have a ton of backlog games to get through as is.
Trails in the Sky SC will be available on the same platforms FC was... PSP and Steam.
Although, you'll be able to play it on your Vita.
And you really should if you have any inclination towards JRPGs to begin with as I can't imagine that you have anything on your recent backlog that could be better (unless Suikoden II is there).

Trails in the Sky SC will be available on the same platforms FC was... PSP and Steam.
Although, you'll be able to play it on your Vita.
And you really should if you have any inclination towards JRPGs to begin with as I can't imagine that you have anything on your recent backlog that could be better (unless Suikoden II is there).

Yeah I just had a read of the wiki, had no idea Andrew Dice went through some issues, I loved Recettear :(

I might grab it on Vita if I finish Ys Memories of Celceta before then.

DMczaf

Watching this just reminded me that Raw's production style has not changed at all since 2009...

Also, the same roster.

God damn.

tm24

Also, big props on your continued support of Trails in the Sky. We need to get everyone in WrassleGAF with JRPG inclinations on board with this franchise.
It's the New Japan of role-playing games.

After beating FC on Steam, i have no idea how people who played it on the PSP have been able to manage that cliffhanger

Goddammit, I'm not getting that conspiracy fuckhead from that video linked here the other day and similar videos coming up on my recommendations on Youtube.

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

The Crow: City of Angels (1996)

Starring a Swedish actor who did French films in his first English speaking role as a mechanic who gets killed and comes back to life as a mechanic who is also a mime, magician, comedian, and dancer. This is everything you hate about 90s angst distilled into one absolutely garbage movie. It's fucking terrible. No redeeming qualities.

After raping your eyes for 80 minutes, the credits treat you to a horrific cover of Gold Dust Woman by Hole.

Why did you do this to yourself? Are you going to review 3 and Wicked Prayer? If so, you have my condolences. Two was one of those movies supposedly a victim of some major studio fuckery by Miramax's reedditing though IDK how much of that really mattered.

I actually tolerated 3 a lot better but that might have something to do with my having a thing for Dunst at the time. But just as you think it can't get worse you have Eddie Fucking Furlong doing his worst Robert Smith impression.

Hasney

Anyone have any insight into this fascinating...thing?

10551429_10204805114547480_8504244101106207863_o.jpg

EDIT: Before anyone says anything, the woman in the front is Paige's mom.

Christ, I never went to one, but these used to be advertised all the time with copyright infringement abound. Just used to see posters for "American Wrestling" and almost every one had the Undertaker in as well as whatever other lookalikes they could get on the poster.

strobogo

Banned
Made my traditional veggie blend, but this time instead of a stir fry, I stuffed them into a red chilli and poblanos.

SO GOOD. Especially the chili, as I had put just a bit of cheese in there. Baked them for about a half hour. Holy shit. I almost died when I bit into that chili. Made me want to hug someone.

Goddammit, I'm not getting that conspiracy fuckhead from that video linked here the other day and similar videos coming up on my recommendations on Youtube.

Why did you do this to yourself? Are you going to review 3 and Wicked Prayer? If so, you have my condolences. Two was one of those movies supposedly a victim of some major studio fuckery by Miramax's reedditing though IDK how much of that really mattered.

I actually tolerated 3 a lot better but that might have something to do with my having a thing for Dunst at the time. But just as you think it can't get worse you have Eddie Fucking Furlong doing his worst Robert Smith impression.

No. I just picked out a handful of sequels to originals that I hadn't seen. This was one of them. I DID see The Crow, but don't really remember anything about it, and this was a completely different character anyway. I will not be continuing with this series.

2 AM Boredom presents:

Top 5 Worst Case Scenarios for Royal Rumble

• The Rock is a surprise entrant at #30 and wins, facing Brock Lesnar at Mania. Two people who presumably won't be seen in WWE for the coming months, headlining.
  • Roman Reigns. You know the deal.
  • Dolph Ziggler, in what would be a half-measure.
  • A returning Randy Orton winning to go on to Maina and do a perfectly cromulent match, but hardly the one needed for that stage.
  • Sting is a surprise entrant and wins, with a fun and entertaining build to WrestleMania, until we see the actual match.

Anth0ny

2 AM Boredom presents:

Top 5 Worst Case Scenarios for Royal Rumble

• The Rock is a surprise entrant at #30 and wins, facing Brock Lesnar at Mania. Two people who presumably won't be seen in WWE for the coming months, headlining.
  • Roman Reigns. You know the deal.
  • Dolph Ziggler, in what would be a half-measure.
  • A returning Randy Orton winning to go on to Maina and do a perfectly cromulent match, but hardly the one needed for that stage.
  • Sting is a surprise entrant and wins, with a fun and entertaining build to WrestleMania, until we see the actual match.

I'd say Reigns winning is even worse. At least if Rock comes back and wins, it would be over at Mania and we can forget about it.

Reigns will be the new Cena for the next 10 years. Sufferin succotash.

strobogo

Banned
It was the nineties man... It was a strange time. Plus the first movie was fucking awesome so I figured, what the hell?

So, the main character is dead in real life, they shit out a quick sequel with a cast full of people you've never heard of, and you still think it is worth your time and $3.75? You deserved what you got. I have no sympy for you.

DMczaf

So, the main character is dead in real life, they shit out a quick sequel with a cast full of people you've never heard of, and you still think it is worth your time and $3.75? You deserved what you got. I have no sympy for you.

Don't forget it had a PS1/Saturn game.

Crow_City_of_Angels_game_cover.jpg

2632_back.jpg

Vee_One

So I have been a big fan of the Hardy Boyz and E&C for years. Watched all of their big matches live on Raw and PPV back in the day etc.

I watched their rivalry special the other day and felt a bit of guilt:
Edge - busted neck to the point may impact on quality of life.
Christian - concussions so serious he can no longer wrestle.
Hardyz - no injuries forcing retirement but well documented history of personal issues and substance abuse (painkillers)

Just made me feel bad. So glad the style the WWE employs isn't as reckless now.

strobogo

Banned
Don't forget it had a PS1/Saturn game.

Crow_City_of_Angels_game_cover.jpg

2632_back.jpg

I bet that game is TERRIBLE.

So I have been a big fan of the Hardy Boyz and E&C for years. Watched all of their big matches live on Raw and PPV back in the day etc.

I watched their rivalry special the other day and felt a bit of guilt:
Edge - busted neck to the point may impact on quality of life.
Christian - concussions so serious he can no longer wrestle.
Hardyz - no injuries forcing retirement but well documented history of personal issues and substance abuse (painkillers)

Just made me feel bad. So glad the style the WWE employs isn't as reckless now.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Hardys would have been druggies regardless. That's part of redneck culture. I'm sure they were into drugs before they were doing crazy bumps for Vince. But then you look at the Dudleys, who are in the best shape of both of their lives, seemingly have no physical or mental issues, and they had 3-4 years of ECW before the TLC stuff.

I want a card combat trading wrassling game, or a board game pretty bad.

Especially if you could work all kinds of matches like 2v2, 6 man, etc

Different type of matches is something I'd look in to. I went to bed last night with the idea of how the managers could be play a role. Sadly, it's easier to build up ideas than it is to do the math to get them all to work together.

I'm currently debating if Momentum Pools replenish to a base value each turn, or if I want players to manage their Momentum. So say turn 1 you start with 8 Momentum, and only use the Punch Card (requires 1 Momentum to use) and end their turn.

Turn 2 they would start with 7 Momentum carried over from Turn 1 + whatever Momentum they gained from the successful punch attack + Momentum gained from their Charisma modifier.

In my mind this would allow for some strategy, but I feel like it'd get abused too and wouldn't 'feel' like wrestling. Users just skipping turns building momentum without attacking. I think to combat that this higher damage/high risk moves might need a modifier on them that makes them more difficult to hit on opponents who still have a lot of health.

Still in the early stages, I've only really been thinking about this since the start of the year!

strobogo

Banned
Different type of matches is something I'd look in to. I went to bed last night with the idea of how the managers could be play a role. Sadly, it's easier to build up ideas than it is to do the math to get them all to work together.

I'm currently debating if Momentum Pools replenish to a base value each turn, or if I want players to manage their Momentum. So say turn 1 you start with 8 Momentum, and only use the Punch Card (requires 1 Momentum to use) and end their turn.

Turn 2 they would start with 7 Momentum carried over from Turn 1 + whatever Momentum they gained from the successful punch attack + Momentum gained from their Charisma modifier.

In my mind this would allow for some strategy, but I feel like it'd get abused too and wouldn't 'feel' like wrestling. Users just skipping turns building momentum without attacking. I think to combat that this higher damage/high risk moves might need a modifier on them that makes them more difficult to hit on opponents who still have a lot of health.

Still in the early stages, I've only really been thinking about this since the start of the year!

You know, friend, I think the money is in making a Super Card knock off but with Wrasslegaf members.

Vee_One

I bet that game is TERRIBLE.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Hardys would have been druggies regardless. That's part of redneck culture. I'm sure they were into drugs before they were doing crazy bumps for Vince. But then you look at the Dudleys, who are in the best shape of both of their lives, seemingly have no physical or mental issues, and they had 3-4 years of ECW before the TLC stuff.

Possibly. There was a bit in the Hardys biography though that mentioned that when they were signed "they had a celebratory beer which was unusual because none of them drank" (paraphrasing - Hardys, E&C). Not sure how true / relevant though.

Dudleys seem to have looked after themselves though. Not sure if they have had any real injuries or issues as I have not followed them since leaving WWE (don't care for TNA)

You know, friend, I think the money is in making a Super Card knock off but with Wrasslegaf members.

I would actually play this. Someone should make a GAF fed in EWR, create all of us and let the computer emulate all the feuds and angles and see what random shit we can get, fast forward it a year before you start.

Old Poster

Wow, WWE is actually putting some kinda effort in. Sometimes the posters even spoiled stuff in the past. Though, if Orton technically hasn't returned yet, why was he even on the old one in the first place?

strobogo

Banned
I would actually play this. Someone should make a GAF fed in EWR, create all of us and let the computer emulate all the feuds and angles and see what random shit we can get, fast forward it a year before you start.

Wow, WWE is actually putting some kinda effort in. Sometimes the posters even spoiled stuff in the past. Though, if Orton technically hasn't returned yet, why was he even on the old one in the first place?

Everyone would finally get the blow off to Aiii vs Stro (Stro wins a HIAC ladder exploding mine death match, Aiii is berried and never seen again).

OH FUCK. IT DOESN'T SAY "Final Chapter" ANYMORE! BROCK vs. CENA AT MANIA, BABY!

Everyone would finally get the blow off to Aiii vs Stro (Stro wins a HIAC ladder exploding mine death match, Aiii is berried and never seen again).

Juniors compete in a "GET MY BAG" on a pole match. Winner becomes a member.

UberTag

I like how the new poster has no Dolph, Rowan and Ryback, still has the New Day, doesn't have D.Brine mentioned anywhere, only has Miz and not his stunt double and only features 3 of the 5 people already announced for the Rumble match.

I also like how we have no mid-card matches announced for the PPV which is airing in less than 2 weeks... this despite the fact that TLC was over 4 weeks ago.

Lol ok fuck. Watching that CZW best of 2014. I still don't get it. Seeing how often they'll fuck up a spot and then just still run with it. Just like. How do these guys not get super fuckin pissed and beat the shit out of each other after a match for accidentally slamming them on their head or fucking dropping them on their neck?? I don't wanna call them botches cuz they're so common but are they just that committed to the heaviness of it that they don't loose their cool afterwards?? I mean that's still pretty fuckin metal but just..

Like this shit I just....

DKfW0J.gif

I'm assuming it was supposed to be a regular ass standing FM takeover but he just fucking drops him... Like. Jeeeeezus. Idk maybe he meant to do that I don't even know it's just... *cringes*

Idk I'm just still barely getting used to CZW after all these years.

JavyOO7

If WWE put the FnP Orton, the same one who suplexed Bryan to table while ranting to someone in the crowd, winning the Rumble I would not mind that one bit. But Orton can't turn on that mode all of the time for some reason...

Man, what if Orton wins the Rumble?

Then I have my reason to stop watching anything that's not NXT. He's one of the reasons I stopped watching in the first place. Dull on mic, dull in the ring and I have no clue why he's so loved. Plus the whole 'outta nowhere!' thing since it was almost never unpredictable. Eugh...

Meanwhile after another brutal titty-slapping Adam Rose comforts Big E.
x8ts7Tx.jpg

Hasney

Eh, Ortons mic work just before he left was the best in his career and the first time I actually gave a damn when he was talking.

You'll get Konnor jobbing in a dark match to Miz and you'll have to swallow it up.

If WWE put the FnP Orton, the same one who suplexed Bryan to table while ranting to someone in the crowd, winning the Rumble I would not mind that one bit. But Orton can't turn on that mode all of the time for some reason...

Yeah Orton was great before he left to do a movie. With WWE pushing Reigns and Bryan back as the crowd favourite I feel like Orton will step up and do whatever the fuck he wants to try and get over.

REACH FOR THOSE RINGS RANDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom