• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, the investor team or whatever that Bischoff had to buy WCW basically went bananas once they saw the books. One of the big time investors said "nah, eff that" and bolted. It also hurt too that their was no television involved anymore. So he ran to FOX and other networks to see if they were interested. But alas, they were too late...

The Death of WCW book insinuated that a person from WWE, who used to work at Turner, brokered the deal to get WCW for that cheap. Once WWE bought WCW, that guy eventually left WWE to go back to work with Turner.

Its such a great book. Not kind to Hogan, Bischoff, Nash, and Russo. Especially Hogan and Nash, never seeing the greater good and always looking at their own self interest. And Bischoff, so patient with the STANG story line did not show that same patience with Bill Goldberg beating Hogan on free television.

I've read the Death of WCW three times already. And honestly, I think that's it for me. Its too depressing to read for a fourth time. If the WWE Network ever puts up WCW television from the late 80s/early 90s, like WCW Saturday Night and WCW Main Event, I'll probably have to skip any Hogan stuff from '94 on. While very entertaining at many points in his career, especially in WCW, I can't forgive him for being such a dumb dumb when it comes to the creative side in WCW.

I do believe that they wanted to sell WCW as quickly as possible and might have missed some other bidders. I do not believe that the product with no TV was worth much more than what they sold it for.

DMczaf

tumblr_ni1mp8vYXq1u6g0dxo1_1280.jpg

Cena gettin that mainstream notice!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any insight into this fascinating...thing?

10551429_10204805114547480_8504244101106207863_o.jpg

EDIT: Before anyone says anything, the woman in the front is Paige's mom.

Cagey

Banned
Several times over at that! Most recently within the past year! How many other people can say that they've taken the same company above and below the billion dollar threshold so many times? Personally, I say invest. Who knows when Vince's creative genius will strike again and get that stock price back above 30?
I don't know if the company has bounced above and below a billion.

His personal stake because he owns like 50 percent of the shares has.

thegianttoad

Neo Member
Rudo Reels has released the Blu-Ray for Wrestle Kingdom 9 with both English and Japanese commentary.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know there was a place to legally purchase NJPW Blu-ray's here in the USA. I bought Wrestle Kingdom, the G'1's, and the Kana one. And the prices weren't bad at all. Super exited.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for posting this. I didn't know there was a place to legally purchase NJPW Blu-ray's here in the USA. I bought Wrestle Kingdom, the G'1's, and the Kana one. And the prices weren't bad at all. Super exited.

About that...

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

The Crow: City of Angels (1996)

Starring a Swedish actor who did French films in his first English speaking role as a mechanic who gets killed and comes back to life as a mechanic who is also a mime, magician, comedian, and dancer. This is everything you hate about 90s angst distilled into one absolutely garbage movie. It's fucking terrible. No redeeming qualities.

After raping your eyes for 80 minutes, the credits treat you to a horrific cover of Gold Dust Woman by Hole.

Vylash

Bionic running a home invasion angle on Duncan is even better when you realize he probably took a cab or something since it took so long

Striker

This I don't understand. I thought Levesque had respect for Flair?
The Triple H and Jericho part is certainly true. I remember Jericho making a remark about it. Triple H also kept referring to guys like Edge and Jericho "can't draw" wrestlers in the initial build up with Bryan in 2013. He is kind of a prick about those things.

Heel

The Triple H and Jericho part is certainly true. I remember Jericho making a remark about it. Triple H also kept referring to guys like Edge and Jericho "can't draw" wrestlers in the initial build up with Bryan in 2013. He is kind of a prick about those things.

One of the more surprising things when I returned attention to pro wrestling is finding out that at one point they had given the title to...Edge. I don't even want to know, my dudes.

So I watched the CZW highlight video from Bronson and it seems like they have a lot more actual in ring talent then the old random fat dude smashes a guy in the face with a barbed wire electrified pop tart talents of days gone by. So Bronson who is fun to watch in CZW these days and how did they get AJ Styles on a show?

UberTag

i love how they couldn't even be bothered enough to give ziggler a bigger "reaction" than ryback and rowan
That would involve treating its audience with respect and not insulting their intelligence.
Of course, having another "pretend firing" angle to begin with and then editing in pops to fired performers to their tape-delay broadcast clearly shows what contempt they have for us.

Also, big props on your continued support of Trails in the Sky. We need to get everyone in WrassleGAF with JRPG inclinations on board with this franchise.
It's the New Japan of role-playing games.

So I watched the CZW highlight video from Bronson and it seems like they have a lot more actual in ring talent then the old random fat dude smashes a guy in the face with a barbed wire electrified pop tart talents of days gone by. So Bronson who is fun to watch in CZW these days and how did they get AJ Styles on a show?

Biff Busick and drew gulak

Bonus

tumblr_nbnzhpPVUP1t4ia1to2_500.png

About that...

Wait so they just sell bootleg copies? Why aren't they sued into oblivion?

One of the more surprising things when I returned attention to pro wrestling is finding out that at one point they had given the title to...Edge. I don't even want to know, my dudes.

Is Edge buddy buddy with Cena? I got that impression the other night at Raw so maybe they were just sharing the title while Cena needed some R&R.

Also, big props on your continued support of Trails in the Sky. We need to get everyone in WrassleGAF with JRPG inclinations on board with this franchise.

Is that coming out on Vita or just as a PSP game? Kinda interested in the series but I have a ton of backlog games to get through as is.

Vylash

That would involve treating its audience with respect and not insulting their intelligence.
Of course, having another "pretend firing" angle to begin with and then editing in pops to fired performers to their tape-delay broadcast clearly shows what contempt they have for us.

i'll fight to my dying breath to keep the series alive over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom