• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, Ortons mic work just before he left was the best in his career and the first time I actually gave a damn when he was talking.

I think I missed that bit, last person I remember his feuding with was maybe Sheamus? Both guys limited on mic, and with a pretty slim range of moves. It was agony to watch them desperately try and make people give a crap.

Anth0ny

I think I missed that bit, last person I remember his feuding with was maybe Sheamus? Both guys limited on mic, and with a pretty slim range of moves. It was agony to watch them desperately try and make people give a crap.

before they pulled him off tv to film a direct to vhs movie, his feud with the authority was really entertaining. batshit crazy orton promos returned.

BlazinAm

tumblr_ngcozv68ZM1qcluu2o1_500.gif

You can tell that before wrestling people doing that bothered him.

Thinking about it, didn't he get a strike removed? Maybe he's back on the coke!

Glancing at Wikipedia it looks like he was suspended for 60 days over the wellness policy in 2012 but not again since then.

Crazy Orton was kinda fun though I can only really remember being entertained by him during the 'Legend Killer' run.

Some geezers thoughts on Undertaker winning the Rumble

Via Reddit

Nice idea but taker wrestling a few matches over the next few months would be unlikely

Also, has hideo itami taken the GTS?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Big E turns heel and breaks up New Day

"I've had all I canstand I canstand no more titty slappin!"

Powerbombs all round and then his new submission the Pec Crush of his opponents heads.

JavyOO7

I'm shocked in the MNW doc about Sting and Undertaker how Stang hasn't been berried yet 38 minutes into the doc. They completely glossed over the fact that while the Stinger did beat Hogan, it was the way he beat Hogan that wasn't so... optimal if you wheeeeel

Alucard

Banned
I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but on Jericho's podcast, Hogan said him and Hansen "were raping and pillaging" when they were in Japan. Unless I misunderstood or misheard, he was talking in regards to the women in the country. @_@ Yikes. Poor word choice.

I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but on Jericho's podcast, Hogan said him and Hansen "were raping and pillaging" when they were in Japan. Unless I misunderstood or misheard, he was talking in regards to the women in the country. @_@ Yikes. Poor word choice.

I don't think those words are a good choice unless you are talking in a historical context, certainly not about yourself o_O

Alucard

Banned
I don't think those words are a good choice unless you are talking in a historical context, certainly not about yourself o_O

He meant to use it idiomatically, but it was still uncomfortable to hear a guy say that about a country's women. It was so jarring that I'm not even sure it happened. Think I'm gonna go back and listen to the interview again just to confirm because it seems really ignorant to say something like that in 2015.

He meant to use it idiomatically, but it was still uncomfortable to hear a guy say that about a country's women. It was so jarring that I'm not even sure it happened. Think I'm gonna go back and listen to the interview again just to confirm because it seems really ignorant to say something like that in 2015.

You're talking about a guy who still rocks a blonde skullet that he tries to cover up with a bandana, a handlebar moustache and tear-away shirts.

Alucard

Banned
My advice: record it, read spoilers, fast forward to the stuff that interests you. I just want to see Bryan, so I'll be reading when he's scheduled and watch that.

Hasney

Bryan and Heyman segments should be fun depending on the script they give Bryan. Is it going to be the Bryan of a couple of weeks ago, or the Bryan who called Dallas a Bo-ner?

Hasney

IPu9lxT.gif

Need you ask? Gotta make Roman look stronger

What I'm hoping is, based on some of Bryans interviews while he was out, that he realises his career is too short to be doing dumb, unentertaining shit on TV and ends up torpedoing some stupid ideas.

Then we find out that even WWE's ideas are better than his and he comes down to the ring in a fedora and little dog while eating tofu

Alucard

Banned
What if...

Cena beats Brock and Rollins, Rollins cashes in and wins the title

Reigns wins the Rumble

Cena, for some reason, gets a shot at Rollins' title at Fast Lane and wins

Cena vs. Reigns headlines Mania

@_@

Gonzalez

Banned
I have a feeling we might see a Brock/Bryan face off, and a Brock/Roman one as well to gage the crowds reaction(shades of Lex/Bret).

Browny

Banned
I have a feeling we might see a Brock/Bryan face off, and a Brock/Roman one as well to gauge the crowds reaction(shades of Lex/Bret).

I could see them doing a "passing in the backstage corridor" moment (ala Brock / Goldberg), but not a face-to-face. More likely they do a Roman-Bryan face off - that'll get Vince his ratings boost
thanks to Roman

Brock's clearly got his hands full with Cena. Also, has Brock actually threatened Rollins yet for the curb stomp a few months back, or have I just ignored all past events?

Alucard

Banned
I could see them doing a "passing in the backstage corridor" moment (ala Brock / Goldberg), but not a face-to-face. More likely they do a Roman-Bryan face off - that'll get Vince his ratings boost
thanks to Roman

Brock's clearly got his hands full with Cena. Also, has Brock actually threatened Rollins yet for the curb stomp a few months back, or have I just ignored all past events?

The WWE often ignores their own stories, so why wouldn't you?

Aiii

So not worth it
Apparently Rosa could get fired because someone else pulled on her gear and exposed her bare naked behind on Live TV.

I love this show.

Forkball

Fun fact: The only world champions to debut in the WWE from January 2010 to January 2015 are Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio. From January 1995 to January 2000, Steve Austin, Kane, The Rock, Mick Foley, and Triple H debuted and won the WWE title. Kurt Angle also won it later in 2000, less than a year after he debuted.

Also, has Brock actually threatened Rollins yet for the curb stomp a few months back, or have I just ignored all past events?

Didn't Heyman call Rollins out over it on the Raw after, and Rollins talked his way out of a Brock Smash with a "Don't try that shit again"?

Aiii

So not worth it
Rosa found out the next day she has 25.000 new Instagram followers...

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-13q9kg2.png

She's so happy, just look at her, you guys should all start following her on Instagram right now, make her day.

Definitely a poor choice of words, but I think we can all agree that Hogan & Hansen were almost certainly tearing it up whenever they hit the town looking like this;

rigCdL2.jpg

Hansen's book talks a lot about the night life in Japan, Hogan probably just meant that they felt like they owned the place because of the way the gaijin wrestlers were treated.

*edit, incidentally, I love Ox Baker just chilling in the background of that photo. Also, Andre actually looks drunk, so he must have been at it for hours.

Alucard

Banned
Bryan's back tonight? I thought he was returning on Smackdown? I mean, I saw he's advertised for tonight but I just figured he'd be working a dark match.

Pretty sure he'll just have a talking segment. He's scheduled to wrestle on Smackdown like you said.

Any word on exactly how healthy Bryan's arm is? Have they been working his problems for a while and he's fine, or was he like "ummm suuure I can work" and WWE said "OK YOU'RE CLEARED NO BACKSIES"

Aiii

So not worth it
Any word on exactly how healthy Bryan's arm is? Have they been working his problems for a while and he's fine, or was he like "ummm suuure I can work" and WWE said "OK YOU'RE CLEARED NO BACKSIES"

He went to some kind of Muscle Activation Expert and he did his magic and fixed him.

He's fine now. Doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, this guy worked some secret magic and now he's fine.

Brilliant. I also can't get enough of that Bad News gif of him banging the gavel it makes me smile and I can't help but imagine him doing a proper Northen pervy 'wheeeyyyyyyy'.

I'm sad I missed that whole run of his since I like him before his elbow injury and not only for Representing my part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom