• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about how fucking hilarious the YouTube game is

Atrocious acting left and right, Dolph and others meeting the cameraman's eyes instead of addressing the camera, and it's got the most talking from Los Matadores they've had in their entire run so far. Also, Cody Rhodes's wife and Renee.

Plus Buddy Murphy and Wesley Black debuted glow in the dark masks to go with there dub step theme:

I'll never forgive them for denying us Smoking Gunns 2015. They had a Real Life Cowboy, a shoot cowboy, if you will, for God's sake.

jmdajr

Hadn't seen this one

Brock-4061960330.jpg

UberTag

Answer the following questions for me fellas. I'm conducting a survey.

Who will eliminate Daniel Bryan from the 2015 Royal Rumble?

A) Roman Reigns
B) A returning Sheamus
C) Kane
D) Bad News Barrett / Luke Harper / Someone else that will be D.Brine's Mania 31 opponent
E) He doesn't get eliminated

Who will win the 2015 Royal Rumble?

A) Roman Reigns
B) Daniel Bryan
C) John Cena
D) Cesaro (LOL)
E) Someone else

What will be the WWE World Heavyweight title main event match at Mania 31?

A) Rollins defending against Reigns
B) Rollins defending against both Reigns and Ambrose
C) Lesnar defending against Reigns
D) Lesnar defending against Bryan
E) Cena defending against Bryan

B) A returning Sheamus

A) Roman Reigns

Kaladin

Reigns is the red herring guys. They wanted Lesnar vs Bryan to happen before he got injured and they're going to make good on it at Mania.

It's the biggest money match up they have right now.

Saying "90s reference" and realizing that means something 20 years old makes me feel old as fuck

Heh, an early 90's reference is now a quarter of a century old! Time sure flies as you get old as fuck I guess. It was a damn good time to be alive.

Is this the year Macho Man finally gets in?

If he doesn't Stone Cold will rush the stage and have a "Imma let you finish but" moment. Dude made that very clear to Vince.

I wonder who'll induct him. Hogan?!

I'll throw shit at my screen if I see that snake in the grass cunt inducting my Macho Man >_<

If Cena delivered all of his promos like this, he might become semi-watchable again.

The TD writers have their moments, some of the stuff is quite funny. Not really feeling this new season so far but it's had plenty of good scenes to go with the flat ones.

Tyson's already in, isn't he?

I'd say the celeb nom will be Cyndi Lauper assuming she isn't in already

She should be in, did great work for wrestling back in the day.

You could make a legit case for Karl Malone and Dennis Rodman

Yeah they were both awesome, pretty entertaining in the ring too which was surprising to me!

Reigns is the red herring guys. They wanted Lesnar vs Bryan to happen before he got injured and they're going to make good on it at Mania.

They wanted Lesnar vs. Bryan at SummerSlam so they could squash Bryan and get it out of their system once and for all. They absolutely do not want Bryan to headline yet another Mania, let alone against the guy they gave The Streak to.

UberTag

It's the biggest money match up they have right now.
Didn't they only want that match to happen at Summerslam so they could have Brock do to Bryan what he eventually did to Cena in that match and essentially suplex him to death in a veritable squash?

I can envision an E/B/D scenario happening but only if Rollins cashes in after D.Brine pins Lesnar and screws him over.

They wanted Lesnar vs. Bryan at SummerSlam so they could squash Bryan and get it out of their system once and for all. They absolutely do not want Bryan to headline yet another Mania, let alone against the guy they gave The Streak to.

That just depresses me. At least give the streak to someone who's there every week. Now Cena, Bryan or Roman are going to be known as the one that beat the one in 21 - 1. None of them really need it.

Kaladin

Didn't they only want that match to happen at Summerslam so they could have Brock do to Bryan what he eventually did to Cena in that match and essentially suplex him to death in a veritable squash?

I can envision an E/B/D scenario happening but only if Rollins cashes in after D.Brine pins Lesnar and screws him over.

It's the perfect angle for Mania though. Classic David vs Goliath. The stuff that WWE is built on. In this case, Brock has destroyed everything in his path. I might even consider having him defeat Rollins on a cash in attempt at the Rumble. Then you have Bryan, who is the most over guy in the company and defies all odds. Can he beat the mountain that is Brock Lesnar?

It's the perfect angle for Mania though. Classic David vs Goliath. The stuff that WWE is built on. In this case, Brock has destroyed everything in his path. I might even consider having him defeat Rollins on a cash in attempt at the Rumble. Then you have Bryan, who is the most over guy in the company and defies all odds. Can he beat the mountain that is Brock Lesnar?

But that would also imply that Bryan is capable of defeating Taker at Mania.

A) Roman Reigns
B) A returning Sheamus
C) Kane
D) Bad News Barrett / Luke Harper / Someone else that will be D.Brine's Mania 31 opponent

A) Roman Reigns
B) Daniel Bryan
C) John Cena
D) Cesaro (LOL)
E) Someone else

D,E, F Cena vs Rollins

Kinda reminds me of The Beast from Infamous 2.

latest

Coincidence? Either way, I expect some minor controversy.

THE BEAST. This can't just be a coincidence. Similar design and it's Brock's nickname as well.

Roman's promo tonight:

-"Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
-"Hickory dickory dock, Seth Rollins has girly locks!"

"FEE FIII FO FUM.. I smell the blood of a BITCH, oh wait, there he is, Seth Rollins..."

"Enie meanie minie moe, catch a BITCH by their toe.."

"Hickory dickory dock, I'm gonna clean your clock.. BITCH"

"Look, there's Snow White hiding behind two Dwarves like a BITCH"

Macho Man first look has 'CM Punk - Former WWE Superstar' in it. teeheehee

Huh that's odd, I don't remember seeing that on the blu ray! I'll have to check when I get home lol.

People don't seriously think he's ever getting in/deserves to get in, do they?

His in ring stuff was insanely good but he isn't suitable for that kind of award now. If it wasn't for the terrible way things ended he would end up in HOF I expect. I don't think they could even broach that subject for a very very long time though, certainly not until they actually bring what happened back into the WWE. I really wish they would try and be respectful towards such a tragic event rather than pretend it never happened.

This is the year, brothers
tumblr_n2isa5zWCo1ql0k28o6_250.gif

ibd5w4092wpl4p.gif

Rude isn't in? Any reason behind that? Seems like a slam dunk, everyone loves Rude.

I'd rather see Russo get inducted before Dunn

Russo is a huge part of the current wrestling landscape so I could see that being an actual worthwhile induction.

Dunn can fuck off until he signs something legally binding that he won't watch or touch wrestling again. Hard to argue he wasn't a huge force in bring WWE to the top back in the day though (even if the current camera work is awful).

Roman Reigns comes out to confront Rollins, "Boy, this isn't Looney Tunes (turns and winks at camera) this is the WWE!" - superman punch, etc. etc.

Fox318

A) Roman Reigns
B) A returning Sheamus
C) Kane

A) Roman Reigns
B) Daniel Bryan
C) John Cena
D) Cesaro (LOL)
E) Someone else

B,D, Cesaro v Brock

Alucard

Banned
More possible Roman Reigns lines tonight:

-"I'm Superman, but I ain't got no kryptonite."
-"EXCELSIOR. Believe that."
-"They say with great power comes great responsibility..."
-"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." (just because)

More possible Roman Reigns lines tonight:

-"I'm Superman, but I ain't got no kryptonite."
-"EXCELSIOR. Believe that."
-"They say with great power comes great responsibility..."
-"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." (just because)

In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Roman Reign's might!!! BELEEEDATTTTTT!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Roman Reign's might!!! BELEEEDATTTTTT!!

Dunno if Vince goes for that cosmic shit.

MoosiferX

Some New Japan goodies came in the mail today!

njpwgoodies.jpg

There's "Nakanishi Land THE MOVIE", MoePuro -- a NJPW wrestler guide targeted at ladies (and men with impeccable taste) -- and the 3rd NJPW Greatest Music CD!

Nakanishi Land: WE GO NOW. I don't even know what to expect. Hopefully it's as dumb/silly as YTR's DVDs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nakanishi Land should be fun. He's a cool dude. I wouldn't expect the same fun as YTR though because Yano's the man.

BTW I wanna say this year is YOSHI-HASHI's year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom