• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the year, brothers
tumblr_n2isa5zWCo1ql0k28o6_250.gif

ibd5w4092wpl4p.gif

Sexiest man ever, barring one. Even his moustache was hawt. The fact that he isn't in the HoF already simply beggars belief, but I guess Vince just hates successful characters who weren't his own creation.

Anyways, what did he do that's worse than Savage? Have sex with Vince? Have sex with an audience member? Had sex live? Murdered an audience member, live? He must have done something so unspeakably awful as to avoid it for so long.

Yeah. Someone might remember Infamous 2 exists.

Frecklestein and myself remembered. That's double the controversy! Prepare to eat your wo-- No, you're right. I just found the coincidence... Coincidental :p

BTW I wanna say this year is YOSHI-HASHI's year.

They talked about doing the biggest G1 ever this year, so I could see YOSHI getting a place and having a similar role to Honma in last year's tournament. The crowd respond well to him and he's improved a bit with the spotlight on him more in recent months, but he's still a way off in my estimation. A proper tag run would be good for him, but he'd need to switch partners as I doubt the tag titles are in Okada's sights this year - perhaps Ishii & YOSHI could make for a good team.

Thorakai

Sexiest man ever, barring one. Even his moustache was hawt. The fact that he isn't in the HoF already simply beggars belief, but I guess Vince just hates successful characters who weren't his own creation.

Anyways, what did he do that's worse than Savage? Have sex with Vince? Have sex with an audience member? Had sex live? Murdered an audience member, live? He must have done something so unspeakably awful as to avoid it for so long.

maybe he is secretly swiss

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They talked about doing the biggest G1 ever this year, so I could see YOSHI getting a place and having a similar role to Honma in last year's tournament. The crowd respond well to him and he's improved a bit with the spotlight on him more in recent months, but he's still a way off in my estimation. A proper tag run would be good for him, but he'd need to switch partners as I doubt the tag titles are in Okada's sights this year - perhaps Ishii & YOSHI could make for a good team.

I like the little guy. The Monkey King! It'll be the year of the monkey!

Ishii and YOSHI could be fun and would make sense, Ishii needs a lighter schedule anyhow so he can keep wrestling. Tag matches would do him some good. I do think this is the year YOSHI-HASHI shows marked improvement along with some opportunities. Him being the last of the two for the Rumble at WK9 was a good omen.

nukedawg

Banned
More possible Roman Reigns lines tonight:

-"I'm Superman, but I ain't got no kryptonite."
-"EXCELSIOR. Believe that."
-"They say with great power comes great responsibility..."
-"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." (just because)

I'm hoping for: "I taught I taw a puddy tat".

T.A.L

I think the only thing Reigns could do worse would be to start using those stupid snoop Ebonics.

Guys think of his potential top guy interactions with celebrities. Fuck, the future is bleak. Him and Aaron Paul having a bitch off. Him cocking his hand cannon for Ms. Piggy. Oh man

This one should get some play.

http://i.imgur.com/OdLlFhu.gif[img][/QUOTE]

As wonderful as this is it leaves a burning question in my mind, who's driving the vehicle? is it simply summoned and powered by hustle, loyalty and respect or perhaps its a cameo from Cena's good friend Tony from SDvsRaw09.

I just wish WWE would stop trying to erase Benoit, acknowledge he existed, acknowledge he was a champion, acknowledge that he was a murderer, and then move on. They don't need to go out of their way to talk about him or anything, but it also means they don't need to painfully dance around mentioning Benoit when they talk about things like Wrestlemania XX. The NFL doesn't dance around OJ Simpson when they reach logical times to bring up his name. It's not like they gave a championship to him after he killed his family.

Stuff like with WMXX stuff just ends up bringing more attention to Benoit because it makes people ask "wait, so who won that title at WrestleMania XX?" and then they go find out who won it and what happened - and then it just makes WWE look stupid.

Yup it's disrespectful to the people who had their lives destroyed by Benoit to avoid talking about him like this. No need to paint him in a positive light, just say it how it is. Let people know that even someone as successful as him could do something so heinous.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yup it's disrespectful to the people who had their lives destroyed by Benoit to avoid talking about him like this. No need to paint him in a positive light, just say it how it is. Let people know that even someone as successful as him could do something so heinous.

I actually like how the Network does it and think it's honestly the best solution. Don't edit a thing, put a warning up before the episode, and don't index his matches. It can make some of the PPVs interesting to watch if you're looking for a specific match but hey, you want to see the guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rude isn't in? Any reason behind that? Seems like a slam dunk, everyone loves Rude.
It's possible that it's because of the jumping to WCW thing. Cunt JR said about how they 'betrayed them' by telling them he'd stay(the second time) and then showing up on Nitro. Even though Rude wasn't even doing anything for WWE other than managing DX and instead went to WCW to manage the more successful version of DX with his actual friends(Nash and Perfect)

He was also a supporter of Bret's and hated Shawn's guts. I know there's the story that he knocked out Warrior, so I wouldn't be surprised if he put Shawn out too at some point. Hell, he might have been 'one of those marines'

It's also possible he's just one of the midcarder big deals they haven't put in yet. With Perfect and Jake in now, Rude kind of completes the 80s midcard trifecta.

I'm saddened by any wrestler's passing, but Rude's was probably the worst for me. I idolized the guy when I was a kid, and would always try to work in "What I'd like to have right now...." any time I got called on to give a report, or if I was picked as a captain in PE and had to choose a team.

Best heel ever. He was so despicable, yet clearly better than you and everyone else at the same time. He didn't win by being slimy and wretched (except against Warrior, which was fucking bollocks), he won by just beating the opponent like the loser that they were. And he was an amazing talker, and the IMAGE, MY GOD. Also, he was a great wrestler. I have to say that him and his character was, on balance, the best heel of all time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best pure heel ever, without a doubt.

Airbrushing his tights with something meaningful to the opponent. Winning clean, Calling out the fans when you know he's right.

All that and he proved beyond a doubt in WCW that he could wrestle with the best...by literally wrestling with the best.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWF Rude was pretty fun. Fun cartoony badguy.

But WCW Rude was always where it was at. That's where he became one of my all-time favorites. Top 3 of all time with him, Brody, and Andre. WCW Rude was a guy that you could say, 'That's my dude. I wanna cheer for that guy. I'm a fan.' yet at the same time he had some of the most heat of any wrestler during the early 90s. He might have been the most over heel of the early 90s. He couldn't cut promos for several minutes in WCW because the crowd was booing so loudly. And the aesthetics of short hair Rude are out of this world. Still making the ladies weak in the knees but now dudes were like shit that guy looks like a badass

I also like Scott Steiner's story about how Rude would constantly shit on Flair to his face. And even said 'Why are they pushing you? You look like shit.'

Also, a more minor thing, but Vince only DREAMS that he came up with Rude's WCW theme.

Also, Rude was involved in my favourite backstage incident in wrestling:

During the Ultimate Warrior/Rick Rude program, Rude came back after the match and asked Warrior to "lighten up" a bit. Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior." Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

The funny thing is that he totally deserved it, knowing Warrior. And he got inducted before Rude? Bah.

On this episode of Nitro, Liz comes out of the limo and then DDP shows up and kicks in the limo door to try to get Macho Man. Liz slams the door on DDP's arm and Macho Man drives off ... leaving Liz alone with DDP

HOGAN WOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT SHIT BROTHER. #Hulkwasright

Was Macho driving or was he in the back and a limo driver was driving? Gotta have all the details to know if he's trash, brother!

Sliced bread isn't even that great. Such a weird way to judge how great something is. Also not great are Roman's pops. He gets pretty tepid reactions most of the time for a guy who is being positioned so hard.
Fresh sliced bread tastes amazing man, not sure what you are talking about.

Fucking bread maker is killing my diet, fuck carbs >_<

UberTag

Good lord @ that Roman Reigns promo from Smackdown.

And this is with whom you want to place your faith?
Vince thinks he knows how Reigns should talk and sufferin' sucotash we'll cheer him for it. Belee dat!

(Putting their faith in the cancer that is Vince McMahon is what's anchoring this ship. Reigns is just yet another symptom of a far greater problem.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also, a more minor thing, but Vince only DREAMS that he came up with Rude's WCW theme.

Also, Rude was involved in my favourite backstage incident in wrestling:

The funny thing is that he totally deserved it, knowing Warrior. And he got inducted before Rude? Bah.

To be fair, it is the WWE hall of fame and Ric Rude...really isn't that big of a deal over there. An upper mid card guy for a few years while Warrior was a supernova for about the same length of time.

Rude is the best thing going for 2-3 years in WCW.

DMczaf

Alvarez made a good point that each generation's top guy was completely different from the last top guy, and Vince is trying to force Roman into being John Cena 2. To the point that he personally writes all of Roman's promos now.

This is what happens when you become completely out of touch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Warrior would have gone in before Rude because Warrior was bigger than Rude. Even I can admit that. Only reason he wasn't in sooner was because he hated the WWE for all those years.

Though you know Rude was the one who made Warrior a better wrestler. Every match with Rude, Warrior got better. He didn't learn from Hogan or even Savage(despite people always praising that Savage vs Warrior match which still taught Warrior nothing other than what motions to go through at what time), I stll put out Warrior vs Rude at SNME as Warrior's best match by FAR. Like heads and shoulders above his other stuff.

WWF Rude was pretty fun. Fun cartoony badguy.

But WCW Rude was always where it was at. That's where he became one of my all-time favorites. Top 3 of all time with him, Brody, and Andre. WCW Rude was a guy that you could say, 'That's my dude. I wanna cheer for that guy. I'm a fan.' yet at the same time he had some of the most heat of any wrestler during the early 90s. He might have been the most over heel of the early 90s. He couldn't cut promos for several minutes in WCW because the crowd was booing so loudly. And the aesthetics of short hair Rude are out of this world. Still making the ladies weak in the knees but now dudes were like shit that guy looks like a badass

I also like Scott Steiner's story about how Rude would constantly shit on Flair to his face. And even said 'Why are they pushing you? You look like shit.'

He was given the chance to shine WAY brighter in WCW than in WWF. He was so much more malicious, brutal, and vicious, yet also was able to speak more freely and present himself as a genuinely credible threat... And womaniser. No more silliness, just a desire to win over everyone else. It was absolutely perfect.

Also adorable is how he apparently never took off his wedding ring. What a darling~ c:

Linkified

According to PWInsider.com, “fired” WWE stars Ryback, Dolph Ziggler and Erick Rowan are all expected to be brought back to WWE TV in time for the Royal Rumble.

As of now, the three talents are not backstage at Raw tonight and will not be used on the show.

However, it is expected that something will happen with the three next week on Raw, potentially them “sitting in the crowd” for the show, or some type of invasion angle will take place, which will result in all three men being brought back to WWE.

Vacation!

In the past they would be of TV until SS in November.

But also I hope to God the Authority ends no later than Summer Slam. No more GMs....

DMczaf

I listened to Hogan's podcast with Jericho at the gym today. Great stuff, until the end where it becomes Hogan and Jericho kissing Vince's ass hoping for a WM31 payday.

"He's still on top of his game! He still has that vision! He hasn't slowed down at all!"

I listened to Hogan's podcast with Jericho at the gym today. Great stuff, until the end where it becomes Hogan and Jericho kissing Vince's ass hoping for a WM31 payday.

"He's still on top of his game! He still has that vision! He hasn't slowed down at all!"

Hogan's stories, while mostly entirely fake, are interesting to listen to.

DMczaf

Hogan's stories, while mostly entirely fake, are interesting to listen to.

The way I see it, the further away he gets from an event, the truer the story has become. Like how he finally admits to how fucked up the way he left AWA was, but a few years ago he was going "Hey, they were stealing money from me! Wouldn't let me sell t-shirts! I had to leave without giving notice to protect myself!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom