• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

5zzsjfy.jpg

Cena couldn't over come the odds, they really are building up to a tag match between Cena/Reigns and Rollins/Big Show, aren't they? :( Reigns promos so... So bad. They're really not being subtle that they want him to be the new top guy then again that was obvious at last year's Rumble, before even.

Hey, a diva's match ended with a roll up, shocking.

Macho Man inducted and WWE treating it until the last hour as if it's rumored, seriously? Lame shit with the impressions, okay then... Oh breaking news that Hogan is inducting him. So is Elizabeth going in too? Actually, I guess not since IIRC her mother or whoever would be in control of her estate hates the business.

Are they building up to the APA coming out of retirement to job to the Ascension?

USSR USSR USSR! I mean USA PLANTS USA PLANTS! HOOOO! Speaking of ho's have they used Hacksaw to job to Rusev? According to Google I guess so, it's Dr. Dean, that was very coincidence. Really? Ref calling a match? ... Okay... Gotta make sure Rusev stays strong for Cena (or Cena II the sequel) to beat him.

Watched the first contract signing angle of 2015 (and probably a half dozen left to go this year in WWE) and the opening promo at 2x speed, makes them a lot easier to get through without actually skipping. Could probably should watch the whole show that way and maybe I will next week.

strobogo

Banned
So Wade returns in a surprise match and immediately wins back the IC title he never lost, only to job to Sin Cara and then be a lumberjack? Is that accurate?

Aiii

So not worth it
vlcsnap-2015-01-13-09wnk1g.png

Bit weird they are doing this on Raw next week instead of using it to pop a rating for Thursday Night Smackdown, but oh boy, the madness this segment will no doubt end up being... Woooo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IC Champ Bad News Barrett wasn't on RAW tonight, was he?

Lol.

Heh, good news! The IC belt will be seen exclusively on Smackdown from here on out probably! BNB is defending it against Sin Cara this week, after Sin Cara beat him last week in a non-title match. Woo! Great booking!

Cesaro is a draw.

mnyd2i5coubn.gif

I really hope strapping himself to Kidd will allow him the freedom to be much more off the wall, the crowd will latch onto him once they see him do some cool shit like throw Big E out of the ring Big Show style while doing a jig.

UberTag

So Wade returns in a surprise match and immediately wins back the IC title he never lost, only to job to Sin Cara and then be a lumberjack? Is that accurate?
Being reduced to a mere lumberjack so Cena can jump on you.
What a waste of Barrett's talents.

I can only think of one time when being a lumberjack in wrestling meant something special...

tumblr_inline_n1qgn4Ao5w1rt2en5.gif

Hate that WWE post RAW pictures on instagram during the show so when i wake up for work and have a quick scan through i end up ruining the ending for myself.

Ah well. Can't wait to get home and waste my evening watching it and being annoyed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rollins nailed it last night in that Main Event angle.

They should really put the belt on him at the Rumble, the guy is ready and if they want to, they have a main event guy for the next 10 years (at least) right there.

Hasney

Rollins nailed it last night in that Main Event angle.

They should really put the belt on him at the Rumble, the guy is ready and if they want to, they have a main event for the next 10 years (at least) right there.

Nah. Best case scenario is he doesn't eat the pin because if Brock or Seth win it, they're dropping it at Mania. They're not going to end the show with a fairly new or part-time heel standing tall. That'll be reserved for Cena/Reigns/Bryan.

Bryan winning at Mania and then Rollins cashing in the next night? Now that would lead to a fun feud.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer and Alvarez watched a preview copy of the AXS New Japan show and they're over the moon enthusiastic about it. Meltzer went as far as saying it was the best hour of wrestling he's seen in a long time (though he put the Lucha Underground Aztec Warfare episode over big as well). Apparently the announcing from Josh Barnett and especially Mauro Ranallo is supposedly amazing for the episode they watched (ep3, Tanahashi vs. Okada from WK8).

Show is free today: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...n-on-axs-tv-jon-jones-questions-and-tons-more
AXS talk is right at the start, so if you want to get hyped, give it a listen.

Alucard

Banned
Meltzer and Alvarez watched a preview copy of the AXS New Japan show and they're over the moon enthusiastic about it. Meltzer went as far as saying it was the best hour of wrestling he's seen in a long time (though he put the Lucha Underground Aztec Warfare episode over big as well). Apparently the announcing from Josh Barnett and especially Mauro Ranallo is supposedly amazing for the episode they watched (ep3, Tanahashi vs. Okada from WK8).

Show is free today: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...n-on-axs-tv-jon-jones-questions-and-tons-more

Aztec Warfare was really damn good. Best single episode from a weekly wrestling show this month so far. Really hope Lucha Underground catches on some more.

Alucard

Banned
Meltzer putting over LU huge in this podcast.

"There ain't no way the Royal Rumble will be as good as that match."

"I learned a lot about how we can improve things."

Also puts over the ridiculous talent of the LU roster, and calls it one of the best hours of wrestling he's ever seen alongside the New Japan AXS show.

The goodness is here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e8fcc_lucha-underground-s1-ep-09-07-01-2015_sport

If you haven't given LU a shot or maybe want your mind changed about lucha in general, this would be the episode to do it.

Meltzer putting over LU huge in this podcast.

"There ain't no way the Royal Rumble will be as good as that match."

"I learned a lot about how we can improve things."

Also puts over the ridiculous talent of the LU roster, and calls it one of the best hours of wrestling he's ever seen alongside the New Japan AXS show.

The goodness is here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e8fcc_lucha-underground-s1-ep-09-07-01-2015_sport

If you haven't given LU a shot or maybe want your mind changed about lucha in general, this would be the episode to do it.

Its too bad that El Rey isn't in more homes, my provider doesn't have it under any of their packages. I'd also stream the show off the El Rey home page if that was an option like ROH offers.

I mean, the NJPW show is just a clip show, isn't it? I could put Bryan/HHH, Shield/Evolution, Zayn/Neville, and the WeeLC Match on one show and call it the best too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom