• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure WWE will be inducting Lanny and Angelo along with Randy. I doubt they're going to ignore Randy's request. They might just be real brief about their inductions to go straight to Liz and Macho.

I mean they could also be carny and just do it without anyone in the family being involved, but I'd be surprised.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't know if you can trust Lanny to not go into business for himself when accepting the award on Macho's behalf.

Fox318

Why not induct Poffos?

They have Donald trump and Drew Carey in their hall its not like it has the prestige of say The Baseball hall of fame.

RBH

And all you have to do is listen to DDP to see how much Savage took advantage of his creative control.

"What do you want to do tonight mach?"

"Brother, I think I want to take the cutter tonight".

I remember how in the first ever match in WCW Thunder history, Macho Man lost to Chris Adams of all people.

The decision was reversed later in the show and Macho Man won by DQ, but still! Hogan would never do that kind of shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if you can trust Lanny to not go into business for himself when accepting the award on Macho's behalf.

What are you talking about? The guy worships his older brother.
I remember how in the first ever match in WCW Thunder history, Macho Man lost to Chris Adams of all people.

The decision was reversed later in the show and Macho Man won by DQ, but still! Hogan would never do that kind of shit.

Hogan lost clean to Arn Anderson twice though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He won't. Heard him live yesterday on the network. He's thrilled for his brother and won't want to make it a mess, but instead a well deserved celebration of his brother.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He also say bad things about WWE a lot.

WWE spends years trying to ignore your family and your brother's legacy. Doesn't say anything to your face when your brother dies and would have likely barely acknowledged it if Randy wasn't working with them at the end.

and you wouldn't say bad things?

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE spends years trying to ignore your family and your brother's legacy. Doesn't say anything to your face when your brother dies and would have likely barely acknowledged it if Randy wasn't working with them at the end.

Hey, I never said he was wrong or unjustified. I was just saying you might not want a guy like that on a live mic on your own show.

Fox318

When Vince dies the company is going to change for the better.

hhh may get creative control but He will never be the ceo of a public company of that size with no background in buisness.

Steph isn't remotely competent enough to do it. They protected her from getting fired with the shitty us tv deal and the flair incident with 2k14.

Only one of the family who could run the company is Shane but he told HHH and Vince to Fuck off and he cashed out his stock.

strobogo

Banned

There is a time and place for such a thing. An award ceremony for your brother is not that time or place. A better place would be in a car when you compare getting made fun of for sucking your own dick to tax embezzlement and pedophilia.

Guys in WCW with creative control:

Hogan
Savage
Nash
Hall
Sting
DDP at some point
Luger at some point
Goldberg
If Flair had it, he obviously never used it
Bret Hart

Coach

Hogan on Jericho's podcast:

Hogan WANTED to lose a lot of times, but Vince didn't let him. Said he would have traded the title with Piper 5-6 times, but Vince didn't let him.

Not sure how much of this stuff I'm buying. Hogan is always working.

Wait on a Cheap Heat podcast back before SummerSlam he said that the reason Piper never got the belt is because Piper never wanted "to do business."

Now he blames it on VKM?

Aiii

So not worth it
Only one of the family who could run the company is Shane but he told HHH and Vince to Fuck off and he cashed out his stock.

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but he hasn't yet sold off all his stock:
As of the weekend [article from October 2014], Stephanie owned 2,511,071 shares of company stock, which is worth $34,050,122. As of the weekend, Shane owned 1,541,204 shares worth $20,898,726 and Vince owned 39,272,641 shares worth $532,537,010.

Hogan on Jericho's podcast:

Hogan WANTED to lose a lot of times, but Vince didn't let him. Said he would have traded the title with Piper 5-6 times, but Vince didn't let him.

Not sure how much of this stuff I'm buying. Hogan is always working.

Yeah, no. Assuming that this is WCW we're talking about, FUCK no. I'd almost buy Hogan saying this in regards to the start of Hulkamania, but the man either was a natural-born bastard, or someone who became a huge bastard just moments after he realised fame was in his sight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait on a Cheap Heat podcast back before SummerSlam he said that the reason Piper never got the belt is because Piper never wanted "to do business."

Now he blames it on VKM?

To be fair, I believe Hogan more than Piper about anything. And that says a lot.

Alucard

Banned

Now he blames it on VKM?

His story is weird because he also mentioned how he texts Piper and says they could've made millions if Piper had wanted to do business...so it's a mix of Vince and Piper in his head.

Yeah, no. Assuming that this is WCW we're talking about, FUCK no. I'd almost buy Hogan saying this in regards to the start of Hulkamania, but the man either was a natural-born bastard, or someone who became a huge bastard just moments after he realised fame was in his sight.

This is the start of Hulkamania. Haven't gotten to WCW yet.

Hogan's a mark for himself, btw. Talks about watching his old stuff. "I was a good heel, man!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The most fun meta game of shoot interviews is figuring out who was telling the truth when and where based on who is telling the story, what year it was, and who the involved parties were.

Fox318

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but he hasn't yet sold off all his stock:
I really don't care who runs the company.

I just want a separation of positions.

Micromagment has worked for maybe 2 or 3 ceos of a company that size.

At no point should somebody who controls the general direction of the company be writing promos for wrestlers.

DiscoJon

Banned

Now he blames it on VKM?

Phil, is that you?

88.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I really don't care who runs the company.

I just want a separation of positions.

Micromagment has worked for maybe 2 or 3 ceos of a company that size.

At no point should somebody who controls the general direction of the company be writing promos for wrestlers.

To be fair, you can't entirely blame Vinny Mac for it ending up that way. He just bought his fathers regional "small" promotion that gradually grew and grew into a juggernaut company. I don't think even he ever imagined he'd head a company this large when he first took over from his old man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince absolutely knew he was going to try to make WWF as big as possible. It's why he was such a bastard to all the other territories and went into business for himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vince absolutely knew he was going to try to make WWF as big as possible. It's why he was such a bastard to all the other territories and went into business for himself.

But what did he imagine as big as possible being?

I very much doubt he imagined WWE being what it is today.

This is the start of Hulkamania. Haven't gotten to WCW yet.

Hogan's a mark for himself, btw. Talks about watching his old stuff. "I was a good heel, man!"

Aye. I still said it wasn't true. Just that it was even more implausible if it was WCW he was referring to.

And yeah, he's a slimy bugger. An annoyingly popular one, too. Although at least some people are starting to remember him by the bullshit he pulled.

Also, I love how Hollywood Hogan resembles the actual man more than anything else.

strobogo

Banned

For sure. His entire plan for buying the company was to take WWF national and then global. He probably didn't think it would be a public company, but he clearly envisioned to take that small company and make it a global entity.

strobogo

Banned
Aye. I still said it wasn't true. Just that it was even more implausible if it was WCW he was referring to.

And yeah, he's a slimy bugger. An annoyingly popular one, too. Although at least some people are starting to remember him by the bullshit he pulled.

Also, I love how Hollywood Hogan resembles the actual man more than anything else.

I feel like the internet has been shitting on Hulk's carny nature for the better part of 15 years. It's not like it is a recent thing that people are aware of his politicking.

Aiii

So not worth it
¡HarlequinPanic!;147220718 said:
Hulk and Vince -- both hicks that don't know how to handle the fame they got~

Mweh, I think Vince handles himself just fine. He's a self-made man and he seems to own that.

You can't really deny that 90% of what Vince has done in the past has ended up being the smart thing. Sure, the XFL failed and killing PPV business so soon might not have been the smartest thing, but all-in-all the man won more than he lost.

hick's a strong word I used and probably not right (in vince's case).

What I'm more saying is they both stretched their reach beyond their grasp.

hulk's a trip, didn't he claim he played for Metallica once?

I feel like the internet has been shitting on Hulk's carny nature for the better part of 15 years. It's not like it is a recent thing that people are aware of his politicking.

Yeah, true. But it's just that it seems that people outside of the Internet are starting to become aware of how much an asshole he was.

Still, expect it all to be whitewashed away when he inevitably dies. Bold prediction: I expect him to be the highest-profile dead wrestler of 2015.

Fox318

But what did he imagine as big as possible being?

I very much doubt he imagined WWE being what it is today.

He told cable companies that if they aired Starcade they wouldn't get Wrestlemania. He was one of the most cut throat businessman you could probably study. He wanted to own your name, your character, your likeness, and your fucking house if he could. And if you weren't created by him he would make sure you would never get over. The Road warriors may be the most over tag team of all time but within a year of joining the WWF they were doing promos rummaging through garbage. Its why they have to own your name today. They should be fucking promoting the hell out of Kenta being from Japan and him coming to the wwe because this is where its at. Instead he wants a roster full of Ice Dagger, Frosty McFreeze and Baron Von Ruthless.

He wanted a monopoly except he hated wrestling.

Vince's dream is to be a movie producer or a media mogul like Murdoch except he isn't anywhere near smart enough to manage a company like that.

Vince was able to succeed because he was able to buy every territories main card and that became his midcard. He was competing with idiots. Most of the people who were running promotions had the intelligence of a wet sponge.

Vince should get credit for revolutionizing the storytelling in wrestling but he also deserves the blame on why a guy like John Cena, HHH, and Hulk Hogan being pushed when its way past their time.

Jamie OD

Meltzer is even saltier than me about WWE right now

It's because of New Japan. He's been going on and on about how Wrestle Kingdom exposed the entire North American wrestling industry and that New Japan works because their booking is simple while WWE and TNA do stupid things left, right and centre.

imBask

Banned
so if I can find a phone under 500$ and keep my contract, i'll save money over the length of a new contract

this is how fucked our cellphone business is up here in Canada

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's because of New Japan. He's been going on and on about how Wrestle Kingdom exposed the entire North American wrestling industry and that New Japan works because their booking is simple while WWE and TNA do stupid things left, right and centre.

NXT's success also supports this as well. I just hope something changes. I see baby steps but it's nowhere near coming together yet.

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT's success also supports this as well. I just hope something changes. I see baby steps but it's nowhere near coming together yet.

It's not just Meltzer either... It's pretty telling there is almost nobody really positive about WWE anymore. Even the most positive people around are really down on anything WWE does right now, it's like we're in the darkest timeline and they broke everyone down.

Alucard

Banned
It's not just Meltzer either... It's pretty telling there is almost nobody really positive about WWE anymore. Even the most positive people around are really down on anything WWE does right now, it's like we're in the darkest timeline and they broke everyone down.

Considering Vince doesn't give a damn about internet chatter or what the sheets are saying, nothing's going to change to appease the older smark crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
Considering Vince doesn't give a damn about internet chatter or what the sheets are saying, nothing's going to change to appease the older smark crowd.

They care enough about the Internet when they spout off their "Social Media Scores" and boast on the number of Facebook and Twitter followers their brand has, though. :lol

RP912

Banned
Meltzer going in hard on WWE.

"You want me to explain their booking? I can't. It's dumb."

Dude been bailed out of the WWE since the uprising of MMA. I don't blame him though.

10 minutes of dudes being held up in a fetal position>>>>>>3 hours of wtf booking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom