• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

Not a happy camper. Wanted to use the WWE Network to finish watching the last episode tht's currently under the MNW section before wirj and it says stream limited exceeded. When I wrote a quick thing to their technical support it says I have to wait 48 hours for response. No bueno.

Not a happy camper. Wanted to use the WWE Network to finish watching the last episode tht's currently under the MNW section before wirj and it says stream limited exceeded. When I wrote a quick thing to their technical support it says I have to wait 48 hours for response. No bueno.

jbl-9-99.png

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean, the NJPW show is just a clip show, isn't it? I could put Bryan/HHH, Shield/Evolution, Zayn/Neville, and the WeeLC Match on one show and call it the best too.

One match per show. Not a clip, or highlights thing, one full match with English commentary by MMA fighter Josh Barnett and MMA announcer Mauro Ranallo.

This episode is the WK8 match, complete with (subtitled) post-match Minoru Suzuki promo

Alucard

Banned
I mean, the NJPW show is just a clip show, isn't it? I could put Bryan/HHH, Shield/Evolution, Zayn/Neville, and the WeeLC Match on one show and call it the best too.

Sounds like they do one big match per show. Meltzer and Alvarez mostly raved about the new English commentary team of Mauro and Josh Barnett, and the whole presentation of the show. Sounds like they're really thirsty for some legit pro wrestling, and this New Japan show satisfied that craving.

JavyOO7

I could have saved you 50 minutes: Lolwcwsucks

The latest episode of the MNW doc is basically trashing on Russo any chance they got. Poor guy.

And there are some AMAZING quotes from Bischoff, Russo, Hogan and Nash in these last few MNW stuff. The Hogan one about not using his creative clause part of his contract until BATB 2000 is pretty much godlike.

Fox318

The latest episode of the MNW doc is basically trashing on Russo any chance they got. Poor guy.

And there are some AMAZING quotes from Bischoff, Russo, Hogan and Nash in these last few MNW stuff. The Hogan one about not using his creative clause part of his contract until BATB 2000 is pretty much godlike.
At this point if you don't know the truth about Hogan you must have just been born.

Buzzfeed type lists will have him, dick hbk, Nash, and Cena as the cancers that killed wrestling popularity during their eras.

Jon Jones rehab was apparently one night long. Fucking carnies.
hahahahaha.

I still can't believe that Dana White is denying being a hypocrite when he's on record saying people who smoked marijuana should be punished by the company 'because for one thing, it's illegal'.

Even for him that's shameless. When you can be proven a hypocrite by things you've said *on the public record* and you just deny that you said such things.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jon Jones rehab was apparently one night long. Fucking carnies.

Did you expect anything else? It was pretty clear it was a PR thing.

It's like going to "sex addiction therapy" after being caught cheating, ain't nobody buying that.

hamchan

A happy Seth Rollins makes me happy. He is great.

Did anyone else think Roman Reigns talking was less terrible this week or am I going crazy?

Aiii

So not worth it
I didn't expect anything. I just think it's funny.

Fair enough. If they were smart they had stripped him off the belt to build a redemption angle with Jones making his way back up the rankings to reclaim "his" title from whoever was champ in 2016.

I can't stop laughing at the fact they've dressed Roman as a Roman soldier in Immortals. It's so wonderfully stupid.

I think literally just minimally redressing the Superman model to look like Cena was even better, tbh.

I for one am glad that WWE embraced logical long term booking leading to one more Kane and Bryan showdown for his return match, it makes perfect sense in 2015 no less.

Xater

Immortals looks stupid int he right kind of ways. I wonder what the business model will be. Hopefully there will be some fun characters from the start unlocked without spending any money.

Aiii

So not worth it
I for one am glad that WWE embraced logical long term booking leading to one more Kane and Bryan showdown for his return match, it makes perfect sense in 2015 no less.

Speaking of Kane, why did they make an Isaac Yankem joke on Raw when the guy absolutely hates it when anyone even brings up that character to him now?

Hasney

Speaking of Kane, why did they make an Isaac Yankem joke on Raw when the guy absolutely hates it when anyone even brings up that character to him now?

Because he hates it. He shouldn't have let that be known.

Kind of want to watch Smackdown, but I'd only go away happy if it was a squash match.

Fox318

Why should anyone in 2015 care what Kane thinks?

He should be retired or be a fulltime agent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A happy Seth Rollins makes me happy. He is great.

Did anyone else think Roman Reigns talking was less terrible this week or am I going crazy?
He did a good job with DOGSHIT material.

imBask

Banned
last night was about what I would expect from a "meh" RAW

sadly it was very good compared to the past couple of months, that's really problematic

Alucard

Banned
Hogan on Jericho's podcast:

Hogan WANTED to lose a lot of times, but Vince didn't let him. Said he would have traded the title with Piper 5-6 times, but Vince didn't let him.

Not sure how much of this stuff I'm buying. Hogan is always working.

imBask

Banned

Hogan WANTED to lose a lot of times, but Vince didn't let him. Said he would have traded the title with Piper 5-6 times, but Vince didn't let him.

coming from Hogan, I don't buy it at all

Hasney

He did a good job with DOGSHIT material.

Yeah, I'll agree with this. I'm starting to think that he knows how shit the material is, so cares less about his performance which makes it come across more natural.

Of course, if you really wanted him to be natural, you'd just let him say what he wants with some direction and see if he sinks or swims.

Cagey

Banned
Finished RAW this morning before work. The quality of Seth Rollins' speaking moments is inversely proportional to the number of words he says. He's saying less and it's getting much better.

RBH

Hogan is full of shit.

Fuck him. That motherfucker helped lead to the downfall of WCW with his obsession of always having the belt.

It was honestly sad how Macho Man always seemed to serve as the 2nd messenger whom Hogan took advantage of to get the belt back (from Sting -> Macho Man -> Hogan in April '98 and then Nash -> Macho Man -> Hogan in July '99).

Hasney

Why isn't Randy's brother doing the induction?

Because he's wiping his hands of it. Savage said he didn't want to be inducted without his dad and Lanny, Lanny upheld that but they've apparently been bugging him so much that he's said do what you want but he wants no part of it if they're not going to honour Savages wishes.

EDIT: unless he accepts it and goes back on that, however.

Hogan is full of shit.

Fuck him. That motherfucker helped lead to the downfall of WCW with his obsession of always having the belt.

It was honestly sad how Macho Man always seemed to serve as the 2nd messenger whom Hogan took advantage of to get the belt back (from Sting -> Macho Man -> Hogan in April '98 and then Nash -> Macho Man -> Hogan in July '99).

And all you have to do is listen to DDP to see how much Savage took advantage of his creative control.

"What do you want to do tonight mach?"

"Brother, I think I want to take the cutter tonight".

MC Safety

What will Reigns talk about next, fans?

Super Mario Bros
Happy Days
Harry Potter
Mary Poppins

GUESS. We need a pool.

Happy Days is a good bet. Maybe he'll come into the ring and do a Fonzie-esque "Ayyyyy!"

Or, the soda machine is broken and the superstars can't get their soda until Roman Reigns hits the machine just right.

I would also wager $5 he references The Facts of Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom