• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Roman reigns man. I don't know what to expect next. It's becoming almost an event. Boys huddling by the monitor in the back.

"Reigns is fighting the microphone again!"

DiscoJon

Banned
3AiAO7u.png
bdEfZOn.png

o42vbe7.gif

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Watching raw now:

-I know they've wrassled a ton but I don't mind Cena vs Rollins again when it's not a main event. It's always a good match even when they stack the odds.

-lol at Steph screwing up the Usos.

-lol at mizdow.

-Jobber entrance for both New Day and Kidd-Cesaro. Lol and this feud even has a bit of a storyline. Nice work. Seriously though Kidd Cesaro should be pushed through

Sephzilla

Jesus Christ, Raw was so fucking awful last night.

Roman reigns man. I don't know what to expect next. It's becoming almost an event. Boys huddling by the monitor in the back.

"Reigns is fighting the microphone again!"

Pretty much. He's quickly reaching the point where you watch his promos just to see how awful it is. I legitimately think he'd be a lot better in the mic if he was allowed to do his own promos though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roman confronts Rollins with a box in his hand. He holds it out to Rollins
'A gift, brother'
Arrogant heel Rollins opens the other end of the box. While doing so, Roman holds the mic up,
'You got mail, bitch'
SUPERMAN PUNCH THROUGH THE BOX

imBask

Banned
Remember when Dean Ambrose was in the main event picture and people kept saying he was the future?

hahahaha, hohohoho, hahaha
:'(

Heroman

Banned
Remember when Dean Ambrose was in the main event picture and people kept saying he was the future?

I think he is still up there, as right now he is the 3rd biggest face. Let hope he does something good after the rumble.

imBask

Banned
He was overshadowing reigns. That's why Vince let HHH bury him with the husky Harris rehabilitation project.

It went downhill from the moment he sprayed people with ketchup and mustard, Bray just killed it even more

now he's making poopy jokes and being fed to Pyceb

It went downhill from the moment he sprayed people with ketchup and mustard, Bray just killed it even more

now he's making poopy jokes and being fed to Rusev

You'll note that the ketchup and mustard incident occurred immediately after Cena shoved himself into the mix, the man radiates an aura that hinders all caught in it for even a single segment.

Cagey

Banned
Quick musings, with KG.

1. Sergio Brown and the Colts post-game Ric Flair via Pusha T celebration is dope as fuck.

2. Was the crowding serenading Steph with Hacksaw's HOOOO chant last night? When did that start? That's amazing.

3. Knowing the material given is just awful and knowing no one except The Rock can rock that shit, Roman Reigns delivery in his promos is so damn fun. "This is some cornball shit, so let's ham it up." I approve. I hope next week he's given a full Bugs Bunny v. Abominable Snowman routine.

4. Ambrose did the best he could with that armchair psych shit backstage.

5. "Did the best he could with ____" is a common theme in WWE right now.

6. No, seriously. Dope. Two claps and a Ric Flair.

7. Naomi. fin.

8. Bonus round: don't talk ill of Pyceb. Feed everyone to him.

Fox318

You'll note that the ketchup and mustard incident occurred immediately after Cena shoved himself into the mix, the man radiates an aura that hinders all caught in it for even a single segment.
Yup.

If Cena Sat that out we would be looking at Ambrose being a star.

Same can be said with Rollins. After last night he feels like the odd man out.

Alucard

Banned
So, apparently Hogan didn't know the finish to him and Andre at Mania 3. Andre knew and Andre called all of it. Hogan was surprised when Andre didn't kick out after his boot.

...apparently.

Yup.

If Cena Sat that out we would be looking at Ambrose being a star.

Same can be said with Rollins. After last night he feels like the odd man out.

I was actually getting engaged in the slowly escalating spat between Bork and Rollins last night only for Cena to suddenly interject with his cookie cutter statement reminding me about how easily he can remove wind from the sails.

imBask

Banned
on that topic, Big Show's promo wasn't half bad last night, I ALMOST enjoyed watching that segment! And I hate Big Show with a passion

Sephzilla

So did The Ascension massively piss some people off back stage or something just as they were getting promoted to the main program? Because I seriously cant understand why The Ascension is getting so massively fucking buried by JBL (read: Vince) right now.

Even Adam Rose got more of a fair chance at the start, and Adam Rose is even more fucking useless than The Ascension.

Fox318

Think about the story Vince wants to tell.

He just had Cena vs the entire roster and now he is going to have Cena vs the top 2 heels.

In 2015.

A 37 year old man who can't throw a punch correctly is expected to beat a monster of a man and a Cross fit junkie.

All because he wears the yellow and red.

imBask

Banned
Think about the story Vince wants to tell.

He just had Cena vs the entire roster and now he is going to have Cena vs the top 2 heels.

In 2015.

A 37 year old man who can't throw a punch correctly is expected to beat a monster of a man and a Cross fit junkie.

All because he wears the yellow and red.

If you want to go that deep into Kayfabe, i'm fairly sure Brock would've been the champ for all his career

Giving him a feud with Rusev is as close to the main event you can get when D. Brine comes back from 8 months of downtime. He's booked higher than Reigns is.

imBask

Banned
Giving him a feud with Rusev is as close to the main event you can get when D. Brine comes back from 8 months of downtime. He's booked higher than Reigns is.

yeah but cmon, we all know Rusev is going to win because he needs to look strong before losing to Cena

and we all know Reigns will be in front of Dean by WM

things are not looking good for Dean Ambrose and it makes me sad, I hope i'm wrong

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see Stephanie did her faux sincere promo with Daniel Bryan on Raw. The same faux sincere promo she cut with Cena the week before and nearly every week of the Bryan/Authority feud.

And you guys say Bray cuts the same promo all the time.

Fox318

If you want to go that deep into Kayfabe, i'm fairly sure Brock would've been the champ for all his career
Not if his opponents have a history or have a record that would show They are a threat.

Guys like Eddie and Benoit looked like tough motherfuckers.

Not everyone is going to be spike Dudley

Sephzilla

Problem is the heels make more sense than the faces.

Outside of Bryan what face is given a promo that makes sense?

fuck, i cant think if any

I see Stephanie did her faux sincere promo with Daniel Bryan on Raw. The same faux sincere promo she cut with Cena the week before and nearly every week of the Bryan/Authority feud.

Steph has been cutting the same promo since before WrestleMania 30.

RP912

Banned
It ain't gonna hurt my feelings if the Ascension is buried.

meh...a shame but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Now if Hideo gets called up and gets the same treatment...that would bring a tear to my eye.

Speaking of which...I had the worst nightmare yesterday. It was a segment with Hideo surrounding by dudes wearing Cryme Tyme gear and he was cutting a promo using the worst ebonics since Akeem. They also were pitching "WWE's answer to Rainmaker". He debuted and JBL was saying the worst shit to put him over, it would make his Ascension burial seem like Gorilla being supportive to Hogan.

I woke up in cold sweats after that dream :(

Cagey

Banned

Point.

Counterpoint: Stephanie doing the same promo means looking at Stephanie in skintight business wear, whereas Bray doing the same promo means looking at Bray in a dimly lit room with a closeup of his beard.

But seriously, it's the same shit every week with both of them. Bray's storylines are irrelevant so I fast-forward through his segments now. Steph is at the center of the main event storylines, so it's a necessary evil.

Sephzilla

Ambrose isn't going to be the first guy to give Rusev a loss. If Vince is really high on Rusev that almost certainly means he's destined to lose to Cena or Orton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But seriously, it's the same shit every week with both of them. Bray's storylines are irrelevant so I fast-forward through his segments now. Steph is at the center of the main event storylines, so it's a necessary evil.

It's not necessary because you know Stephanie's opinion about the feud/whatever superstar after the first promo. Every promo after that adds nothing to the feud(the one she's always a third wheel in rather than THE opponent) and is just a complete waste of time. Stephanie is going to come down, hold both hands on the mic and bend her neck lower slightly and say 'You know, you could get hurt' SMIRK 'I'd hate for that to happen SUPERSTAR' SMIRK

It's as obvious as heel champion CM Punk promos where he juts his chin out makes a popeye face and goes GRRR when the babyface rustles his jimmies.

Penguin

Not necessarily fantasy booking, but based on how they are currently booking, WrestleMania should in theory look like this (but won't)

Bryan vs Rollins - The Authority's handpicked champion defending against the comeback story of the year. And their anti-public figure. Retread of Bryan vs Orton, but Rollins is the top heel in the company and deserves it.

Brock vs Cena V - Really because they are 1 and 1 in singles matches. And this little distraction with Rollins should put them against each other once more to determine who is the man.

Ziggler vs Triple H - I mean he is the man screwed over the most by the Authority recently, and who represents the Authority more than Triple H.

Sting vs Wyatt - This seems more to do with their dark, brooding personality and ability to play mind games.

Reigns/Ambrose vs Show/Kane - Seems like a reset on their characters since they seem to have no design of protecting Ambrose and have no idea what doing with Reigns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Deathmatch/garbage wrestlers are the only one really keeping the bar thug, carny scum wrestler mentality alive.

Except Masada. That dude looks like a dweeb 24/7.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

now he's making poopy jokes and being fed to Pyceb

That segment was probably scripted by Vince just like the dummy segment. Apparently, the worst thing that can happen to a guy promo wise is Vince taking a liking to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom