• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ascension a joke team? They look like 2 skinny fat FA basement dwellers that are going to a cosplay convention as their imaginary wrestling gimmicks. They are so not convincing to me.

They're squashing no-name jobbers on TV, when classic jobbers haven't appeared on TV in god knows how long. There's some kind of meta-joke angle with them for sure.

somedevil

Well I feel sorry for John Pollock because his and Wai's Royal Rumble pool could be screwed up by lottery next tuesday.

Plus great match to close out Main Event.

WWE announced during Tuesday's Main Event Live that next week's show will be preempted on WWE Network for a Royal Rumble lottery special hosted by Santino Marella. Prowrestling.net has learned the reason for the preemption is that WWE is unable to air Main Event on WWE Network in the UK due to their current contract with Sky Sports.

Well.

somedevil

Good Interview by Bryan here is some good quotes:

On Changing his style:

I will, but not necessarily because of my injury. It’s something where your style has to constantly evolve. I like to look at wrestling as the most artsy of all the martial arts. It’s a very creative process, what we’re doing is artistic creative combat. So as such, it needs to evolve. Being able to sit at home for the last 8 months and watch the product, and I see things where there’s too much of this, or there’s not enough this, and here’s what I can bring to the table that’s different, and more exciting for the fans. So yes, my style will be changing. Will it be any easier on my neck? I have no idea (laughs). Yeah, my style will be changing, but it’s not necessarily going to be physically easier.

On Possibility Facing Brock Lesnar:

Oh absolutely. I truly believe that if I wrestled Brock Lesnar in the main event of WrestleMania 31, for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, it might be the most physical, realistic, style of pro wrestling match that has ever been seen in the United States. Whether it would be the most physical, realistic pro wrestling match that has ever happened, I don’t know, because there’s been a lot of awesome stuff like that in Japan. But it would just be something very, very different from what people are used to seeing now in WWE, and I think we need something like that, something that feels like a spectacle. I think it would be incredible.

I fear for his health if this happens.

He also has some good comments on the Vince Brass ring comment and more.

http://www.alternativenation.net/daniel-bryan-interview/

DMczaf

Oh absolutely. I truly believe that if I wrestled Brock Lesnar in the main event of WrestleMania 31, for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, it might be the most physical, realistic, style of pro wrestling match that has ever been seen in the United States. Whether it would be the most physical, realistic pro wrestling match that has ever happened, I don’t know, because there’s been a lot of awesome stuff like that in Japan. But it would just be something very, very different from what people are used to seeing now in WWE, and I think we need something like that, something that feels like a spectacle. I think it would be incredible.

30 mins of Brock and Bryan going HAM?

;_;

Ithil

You know what I wish they would add to the network?

Florida Championship Wrestling, I'm talking the developmental territory before NXT. It was just as good as NXT is.

They knew when they had talent.

Daniel Bryan vs Kaval

Dean Ambrose vs William Regal << great feud

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins 30 Minute Iron Man Match for the FCW 15 Championship

Antonio Cesaro vs Kassius Ohno

**crosspost from the Network thread**

Nah, it was a lot worse than NXT. It's last two years were good (2011-2012) with the changes in leadership, and guys like Ambrose and Rollins tearing it up. But most of it is pretty bad with a lot of generic guys and girls doing nothing of interest under Johnny Ace's Talent Relations. The production values were also rubbish. You don't need a huge crowd for wrestling, but NXT's lively small arena and good production helps a lot.

That was the time where it would pump out mass produced "WWE superstars", endless guys with crew cuts, trunks and tribal tats.

Honestly, Bryan should keep his hair pony tail'd now.

tumblr_mwdq0cKQ6A1s2l7y1o8_500.jpg

Fintan

Well I feel sorry for John Pollock because his and Wai's Royal Rumble pool could be screwed up by lottery next tuesday.

Plus great match to close out Main Event.

John and Wai, especially Wai, sound so fed up and depressed to be reviewing Raw these days. I feel bad for them!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Network needs territories stuff. All the WCW stuff and WWE stuff is nice but the majority of it is stuff I can easily find. And the rare stuff, they don't even have. You still have to use youtube for that.

I think WWE is really missing the boat on catering to their hardcore fans with the Network. As those are usually the only ones who are gonna care about it beyond 'I get the PPVs'

Kaladin

Nah, it was a lot worse than NXT. It's last two years were good (2011-2012) with the changes in leadership, and guys like Ambrose and Rollins tearing it up. But most of it is pretty bad with a lot of generic guys and girls doing nothing of interest under Johnny Ace's Talent Relations. The production values were also rubbish. You don't need a huge crowd for wrestling, but NXT's lively small arena and good production helps a lot.

That was the time where it would pump out mass produced "WWE superstars", endless guys with crew cuts, trunks and tribal tats.

At least they could do a "best of" special, or include more FCW in their Superstar DVDs. Those few years before it became NXT, it was something special.

I'd also like to see the OVW stuff, especially the era that Heyman booked.

dream

I always thought it was funny, Sunflower, that WWE tried to push Alberto El Patron as an American hero in the same vein as Hulk, Lex Luger, and "The Patriot" Del Wilkes.

T.A.L

Fuck I'm watching wrestle kingdom. Ibushi / Nakamura is so fucking good. So Damn good. I can't think of anything I have ever seen better.

Fox318

Smackdown ending has leaked:

Bryan is beaten by Kane and put on a stretcher. Roman Reigns goes by his side and helps wheel him out. He picks up the mic when all of a sudden Cesaro grabs it from him and says "Look at me, I'm the Captain now". Cesaro then demands a title shot and he is inserted to replace John Cena in the main event at mania

Kaladin

Smackdown ending has leaked:

Bryan is beaten by Kane and put on a stretcher. Roman Reigns goes by his side and helps wheel him out. He picks up the mic when all of a sudden Cesaro grabs it from him and says "Look at me, I'm the Captain now". Cesaro then demands a title shot and he is inserted to replace John Cena in the main event at mania

So the guy responsible for Roman's promos lately is the head writer of Smackdown, huh?

Too bad Balor has the undercut look on lock. Bryan could easily pull off the Conor Mgregor look very easily.

Diary_04022014rf_0627.jpg

If it was the same as last week, dude raise the band higher to unleash his dragon samurai warrior.

Awesome interview also. Everything's coming up D-BRY!

#TeamZeroExpectations

The Samurai pony is the hypest shit. I remember Bryan would wear it on RAW for like a week or so during the time he teamed up with Punk to go against the Shield and leading up to his fight with Cena. He should wear it like that more often, it's awesome.

Sephzilla

Too bad Balor has the undercut look on lock. Bryan could easily pull off the Conor Mgregor look very easily.
If Bryan wants to have a "realistic" fight with Brock I think he'll cut his hair and trim the beard. Someone like Brock in kayfabe would probably take advantage of Bryan's long hair

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
King of the Undercut isn't Balor, it's another King - the King of Lean. Corey Graves had that shit all wrapped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom