• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
6NJALyN.jpg
6NJALyN.jpg
6NJALyN.jpg

Sabucin

I just finished Wrestling Kingdom 9 and it is the first time that I watch something related to NJPW.
I really liked but the greatest thing to someone who doesn't know shit about them is when you see it for the first time you can actually feel the importance of the champions.
Man, in the two last matches the champions seem like a final bosses (and it should be like that) and even that I don't understand Japanese it feels important, great, awesome to be champion and a #1 challenger.

I know it may be a stretch to ask, but... Is anyone else actually excited for the Rumble? I may be easily impressed, but it's always my favourite PPV.

Enjoyed RAW
Though i skipped Usos and diva matches

Interesting what they did with the ending
Making Seth look like an actual threat in the match.

What's everyone saying how the title match will end at RR?

Didn't know they put the boma ye in 2k15, with Nakamura bend and leg shaking and everything. That's pretty cool.

The game is still hot ass, but that's cool at least

Honestly, that almost made me buy it. That and the Jig n Tonic/MK Ultra getting added so I could I give it to Corey Graves. Fuck it, I'm going deal hunting. I'm sorry Bobo.

Brian Cage fucking sucks.

Well that's not fair. I find him entirely uninteresting is more accurate.

Nuclear Fallout:
So it's a shittier version of the London Riots' finisher? https://twitter.com/senorlariato/status/511230275503026176

Hasney

Honestly, that almost made me buy it. That and the Jig n Tonic/MK Ultra getting added so I could I give it to Corey Graves. Fuck it, I'm going deal hunting. I'm sorry Bobo.

As someone who owns the fucking deluxe version of the game and has $4 in their US PSN account, I'm finding it hard to resist, even though I know I'll never use them...

Last hour of Raw was actually pretty good.
The Brock/Rollins promo was great and really set Rollins up as the top heel of the company, dude did NOT back down from Lesnar which was awesome to see. Rollins has been booked pretty well and has done a fantastic job with the material given. I can totally see and accept him being champ.
The final Ambrose scene with the therapist was good, he really nailed it despite the last few sentences reeking of Vince's shit.
Lana is dynamite on the mic, "What is it you stupid American's say?", awesome delivery. The USA plants were so awful it was hilarious lol. Ambrose & Rusev are going to do damn damn damn good business together, already selling like champs! Real good impact on their hits too, looks hard. Rusev looked so damn happy to win :)
Seth selling soreness walking to the contract signing while grinning like a cheshire cat at the same time was great to see, true professional who cares about his craft! Oddly enough Cena hustled to the ring looking no worse for wear after that match, oddly enough he got beat up by 14 men but looks a million dollars! Fuck Rollins making Cena look had like that, how dare he!
Rollins was fucking great on the mic with Heyman during the contract signing, put him on blast over the triple threat thing lol. Rollins left Cena in his dust during that promo, I'd expect that would have put him over big time backstage. Dude was electric.

Crap not about wrestling

I had a look in the 'Mental Health OT'
to see if that was a place I might gain a bit of perspective and help with how I'm feeling. I left feeling more confused and not entirely sure how such a thread could ever help anyone. I understand it's a place to vent, but some of the stories in there and the way they're posted back-to-back are so... depressing. I know that's an obvious statement, but it just feels like if they're all reading the posts, doesn't that make them feel worse? It made me feel worse.

I felt like a hypocrite reading the stuff and thinking 'get some perspective' but then I realised I'm exactly the same. I flip out over dropping stuff, or spilling stuff at times. It isn't even the fact I've dropped something, it's the feeling that I'm not in control of my own movements.

It's probably best I talk to a Doctor about this, as it's not getting any better and I'm just not enjoying general life.

I don't mean to unload in this thread, but this is the only real community I feel part of. You sweaty facial hair tramps.
Talking about it is a hugely positive first step, a lot of people can't do this. Definitely take the step to see someone about it, at worst you'll think they're shit at their job and you can easily move onto another doctor since there are tons out there, you'll eventually find one that you can work with.

I've been like that for 15+ years, man. It's to the point now where I generally just don't talk to people, which is probably part of the problem. If people have pissed me off, I just keep it to myself. If I'm unhappy with a situation... I keep it to myself.

Don't bottle it up man, I used to do that and I've felt a lot better since I've been voicing my thoughts more. That would be a great thing to talk about with someone, might have some tips on how to slowly open that up a bit more.

Talking about it is a hugely positive first step, a lot of people can't do this. Definitely take the step to see someone about it, at worst you'll think they're shit at their job and you can easily move onto another doctor since there are tons out there, you'll eventually find one that you can work with.

Don't bottle it up man, I used to do that and I've felt a lot better since I've been voicing my thoughts more. That would be a great thing to talk about with someone, might have some tips on how to slowly open that up a bit more.

I've got a Doctors appointment tomorrow, so hopefully that starts the ball rolling. Also, a member of the WrasselGAF Community reached out via PMs last night. Best community. Thanks to you all.

Alucard

Banned
I just finished Wrestling Kingdom 9 and it is the first time that I watch something related to NJPW.
I really liked but the greatest thing to someone who doesn't know shit about them is when you see it for the first time you can actually feel the importance of the champions.
Man, in the two last matches the champions seem like a final bosses (and it should be like that) and even that I don't understand Japanese it feels important, great, awesome to be champion and a #1 challenger.

That's what happens when you book your champions as amazing athletes and competitors, and not just sports entertainers. Vince lost the plot a while ago when it comes to this. Don't get me wrong, Nakamura and Tanahashi are totally performers as much as they are wrestlers, but they can go pretty damn hard in the ring and are booked s athletes.

Alucard

Banned
Smackdown spoilers

Dark Match
1. Luke Harper beat Curtis Axel. Harper won with a clothesline.

WWE Smackdown TV taping
Michael Cole was booed. Jerry Lawler got a big pop!

Daniel Bryan gets a huge pop for his interview with Byron Saxton.

1. Daniel Bryan beat Kane by DQ.
J&J Security interfered for the DQ. Big Show and Rollins chased Bryan out. Ambrose and Reigns come out and stand with Daniel. Triple H set up a six-man tag for later.
Bryan Wyatt delivered a video promo saying he'll win the Royal Rumble.

2. The Miz, Mizdow, and Alicia Fox beat The Usos and Naomi.

There was an announcement that Miz and Mizdow will challenge the Usos for the belts at the Rumble. Miz won with the Skull Crushing Finale.

Roman Reigns was interviewed by Renee Young.
Paul Heyman promo. Seth Rollins interrupted. Paul told him he can protect him when The Authority are gone.

3. Natalya (w/Paige) beat Nikki Bella (w/Brie Bella).
Natalya won with the Sharpshooter. The crowd was dead during the match.
Big Show was interviewed by Renee Young. Show entered the Rumble. Kane interrupted and entered Rumble.

4. Bad News Barrett beat Sin Cara to retain the Intercontinental Title.
Dean Ambrose delivered a backstage promo. He entered the Rumble.

5. Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose beat Big Show, Kane, and Seth Rollins.

Ambrose got a bigger pop than Bryan. There were lots of "Big Show sucks" and "you sold out" chants. Great match!!! Lots of out of the ring action. Triple H crashed the babyface victory party. Triple H announced Daniel Bryan vs. Kane for the Smackdown. Triple H said that if Bryan loses he's out of the Rumble. This concluded the show, as there was not a dark match.

Is it wrong to want Cesaro / Kid vs Itami / Balor?

Only if you want it to last less than 5 minutes! They could put on a great show for everyone, they match up really well.

Watching Flair vs Kerry Von Erich in a steel cage from Dec 28th WCCW on the Network for my 1000 Matches in 1 Year project. It's one episode, and it's focused entirely around this match - and it's fucking fantastic. I highly recommend watching this, here's the link if you're up for some hot-ass crowds in TEXAS and seeing what Kerry could have been for years and years. He was truly an incredible talent, and Flair ain't bad either.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31314737

Fan fucking tastic. It has that big fight feel before the match. It's a huge goddamn deal. It's great.

Thanks for the link Vince, really well put together affair. Production values are quite impressive considering it was 1982, impressed with the sound quality/camerawork.

Von Erich looks great, I'll have to track down some more of his matches!

So thinking about what Savage did for DDP in that feud, would DDP even be a former WCW champ without that rub?

Hall was super behind DDP too so I'd expect he still would have gotten there one way or another. DDP seemed to have a ton of friends at WCW, understandable I guess.

Good luck Luchadude, getting help is the first step, but it's also often the hardest. Hope it goes well for you, mate.

Smackdown spoilers

Hah, that MetsFan goober was told to expect "a very high profile news worthy show". Dude's been exposed numerous times over, yet wreddit seem to hang on his every word.

Alucard

Banned
Mr. Lucha, best of luck to you, man. Hope things go well for you.

Smackdown sounds okay, but that ending reeks of
transferring crowd heat from Bryan and Ambrose to Reigns. "See? He likes Ambrose and Bryan just like you, the fans! Cheer for him!"

Watching Flair vs Kerry Von Erich in a steel cage from Dec 28th WCCW on the Network for my 1000 Matches in 1 Year project. It's one episode, and it's focused entirely around this match - and it's fucking fantastic. I highly recommend watching this, here's the link if you're up for some hot-ass crowds in TEXAS and seeing what Kerry could have been for years and years. He was truly an incredible talent, and Flair ain't bad either.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31314737

Fan fucking tastic. It has that big fight feel before the match. It's a huge goddamn deal. It's great.

I'm slowly working my way towards that show. WCCW has been a great watch so far, even though the matches are slower paced and pretty tame, the story telling and commentary have my total attention.

The interviews with Flair and Von Erich are great too. WCCW starts on Episode 42 or something of their run, but by the end of that episode you know the ins and outs of what's happening and why. So you know Flair might have paid The Great Kabuki to break Von Erich's knee, and you get the feeling that Flair is ducking Von Erich despite Flair playing it all cool and acting like he's shit hot.

The best part is this all feels like Broadway Theatre compared to modern wrestling as it's not dumb down. They don't ham it up and outright tell you YES RIC FLAIR DID DO THIS.

--

EDIT:

Thanks everyone, I really mean my thanks with the support over the last few weeks. It was the push I needed to sort stuff out.

Good luck Luchadude, getting help is the first step, but it's also often the hardest. Hope it goes well for you, mate.

Hah, that MetsFan goober was told to expect "a very high profile news worthy show". Dude's been exposed numerous times over, yet wreddit seem to hang on his every word.

People still listen to his bullshit after the whole 'The roster is stepping it up for TLC' thing?

StevieWhite

New 'signature' move from the Ascension tonight? "Nuclear Fallout"? I didn't see them on Raw, so I don't know if they used it there. It's better than the Fall of Man, but they still did Fall of Man. They kind of switched how they do Fall of Man now too, Konnor just does a back sweep.

So it's one step closer to being total elimination. Bummer. I kinda liked the original version. Looked like it made more sense for a pair of meatheads.

Zach

I've got a Doctors appointment tomorrow, so hopefully that starts the ball rolling. Also, a member of the WrasselGAF Community reached out via PMs last night. Best community. Thanks to you all.

Glad to hear you made a doc appt. I hope things get better soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought people like the Ascension when they were in NXT

I was the only one, maybe another, but nobody that posts a lot :( It's a lonely life.

I'm slowly working my way towards that show. WCCW has been a great watch so far, even though the matches are slower paced and pretty tame, the story telling and commentary have my total attention.

The interviews with Flair and Von Erich are great too. WCCW starts on Episode 42 or something of their run, but by the end of that episode you know the ins and outs of what's happening and why. So you know Flair might have paid The Great Kabuki to break Von Erich's knee, and you get the feeling that Flair is ducking Von Erich despite Flair playing it all cool and acting like he's shit hot.

The best part is this all feels like Broadway Theatre compared to modern wrestling as it's not dumb down. They don't ham it up and outright tell you YES RIC FLAIR DID DO THIS.

That crowd really helps, too. Doing the slow burn and building up to it is the best way to do it. Really some of the best stuff.

Thanks for the link Vince, really well put together affair. Production values are quite impressive considering it was 1982, impressed with the sound quality/camerawork.

Von Erich looks great, I'll have to track down some more of his matches!

I honestly feel Kerry was the best of all of those brothers. If you're interested in the tragic tale of the family, there's a WWE documentary about WCCW that digs in since the Von Erichs basically were wrestling in that area and that period. The other stuff about the promotion is good as well, and worth seeing.

Damn right.

How curious. Terrible look (hair, body, and genie pants), lame move set, always there to drag Nak or Okada down.

I think he has potential, a lot of it. And I like the monkey king schtick. Also...

I believe that's

one step away from a

SOUL PATCH
oQcthvx.jpg

I like the monkey king stuff, I just wish YOSHI-HASHI would get in a bit better shape - also, his war crate is kinda shitty. I like the flipping blockbuster, though. And his left armed lariat is ok. He did well with Okada in the tag league, interested to see if he can progress any further this year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like the monkey king stuff, I just wish YOSHI-HASHI would get in a bit better shape - also, his war crate is kinda shitty. I like the flipping blockbuster, though. And his left armed lariat is ok. He did well with Okada in the tag league, interested to see if he can progress any further this year.

I'd like to see more tumble-based moves. More rolls. And do a monkey flip from the top turnbuckle, because you can't make a monkey flip dope and that's really the only way.

He does need to diet and lift more, though.

strobogo

Banned

I would argue that is his shittiest move. It has no impact and he looks like he's taking far more of the brunt of the move every time. I think it is the way that he doesn't even hold on while doing it. He does the flip, barely grabs the guy, and keeps going. It's basically the same idea as the Zig Zag.

Sephzilla

Apparently this is what a $4M+ Kickstarter gets you:

no7_o8uvupk.png

no7_11hauoj.png

WWE was adopted by carnies. Japan was born in that shit.

Holy fuck lol.

I'm glad I didn't back that Kickstarter. I'm a big Mega Man game but Inafune was always carny as fuck and kind of quietly the guy who pushed Capcom into the gutter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mighty No 9 looks like absolute trash. Looks like a low-rent knockoff of a megaman game, which I guess is what it is.

Sephzilla

I almost refuse to believe those screenshots are from the console versions and are from one of the portable ports. That shit looks like it's a PS2 or early PS3 era game.

BleacherReport also interviewed Daniel Bryan. Not as much to see here.

It's pretty crazy to me, this whole thing with the "Yes Movement." A lot of it is just luck. Why did the people choose me? As opposed to choosing Cesaro, or choosing Dolph [Ziggler], or any number of the great superstars we have in WWE?

For some reason, they specifically got behind me. And they've been with me for this entire time. Even during this time off.

B/R: They didn't forget about you.

Bryan: They're constantly reminded of me. That's different than when someone like Sheamus is out with an injury. When someone else is out, there's just not any mention of them.

It helps that my wife is with WWE. When Brie comes out, a lot of times she'll get "Yes" chants. And so they are reminded of me. When The Authority comes out, people are reminded about what they did to me. That's helped keeping my name out there.

A lot of that is just luck and our fans being awesome. There are a lot of guys who have been top guys and don't acknowledge the luck factor. (Laughs).

I can't explain it. If I could, I would tell everybody, everybody would be super popular, and the whole thing would be through the roof. It doesn't happen like that, though. It's every bit as big a mystery to me as it is to people who look at me and wonder, "Why in the world are people supporting this guy? He looks like a goat."

I'm not big. I'm not this. I'm not that. There must be something relatable about me that the fans enjoy. That's one of the things I love about this. They have their own voice. As much as you want to tell them what to think and how to react, you can't.

I main evented WrestleMania 30, not because I was chosen to. It's because the fans would accept nothing else. And there's nowhere else, in entertainment or in sport, where the fans have that kind of voice. To me, that is very powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom