• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw64life

Apparently the NJPW/ROH crossover show last year made basically no money, so it'll probably be scaled back a bit this time.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see ticket prices go up this year. I went to the NYC show last year largely due to tickets being $20 for still pretty good seats. When I went last year, Wrestle Kingdom 8 was basically the only recent NJPW show I had watched other than some clips and I really don't have much interest in ROH. Being more into NJPW now I'd gladly pay double that.

Sephzilla

I could go for a true brand split again. Without 'drafts' and shenanigans afoot. NXT -is- a different show, much like SD tried to be (and was successful early on) from Raw. I can enjoy it.

Who from NXT can we expect in the Rumble? I think they'll do more than 1 this year.

Looking for Sami Zayn, Neville, and...probably one other, who can it be...I doubt they'll put Owens out there unless they're trying to further their storyline. And I don't think they will.

I don't think we'll get 3 NXT stars in the rumble. I think Neville is a lock to appear in the rumble since he's probably going to be called up soon. I think Zayn would be the most likely the other NXT entrant in the rumble. Zayn would get a pretty good pop for the rumble I think. I'd actually be okay with Charlotte entering the rumble if they try to pull one of those "oh man a woman has entered the royal rumble!" type deals.

whoa hold up!

The Majora's Mask New 3DSXL Bundle does not come with the game or the AC adapter in the states??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The lack of an AC adapter is stupid as fuck but that's what Nintendo has been doing in Japan and Europe for years now since every "DS" system since the DSi uses the same power adapter.

I'm actually okay with the game not being included. It keeps the price of the system down a little and I'd rather own a physical copy of the game.

I paid 20$ for GA at the ROH/NJPW NYC show and sold it for 100 on StubHub somehow. Then days later they opened more seats.

...And I ended up going anyway.

whoa hold up!

The Majora's Mask New 3DSXL Bundle does not come with the game or the AC adapter in the states??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nintendo of Carny America

Aiii

So not worth it
whoa hold up!

Oh, right, this is the first time this happened to you.

NOE started doing that with the regular 3DS XL. No adapter for you. It's like a 10 bucks extra tax on your purchase.

It would be "okay" if you could just hook it up to a micro-USB connection like your phone, but you specifically need their adapter. It's like it's the 90s "batteries not included" all over again, ridiculous.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
you can get usb adapters for the thing for like 3 bucks. Knock off adapters for 4-5. Official ones are about ten new.

I've got four already.

Aiii

So not worth it
¡HarlequinPanic!;147399056 said:
does the console's battery even come pre charged? :U

It does, but not with a full charge. But that's more to do with the nature of lithium-ion batteries. You need to keep them at 60-80% charge to keep them in optimal condition for selling. If you charge them full and leave them like that, or have them empty, they go to shit pretty fast.

Sephzilla

you can get usb adapters for the thing for like 3 bucks. Knock off adapters for 4-5. Official ones are about ten new.

I've got four already.

Yeah, this is why I'm not too upset over it. If the N3DS was a Sony system the chargers would be separate and cost 25 bucks and you'd also need to buy a 40 dollar memory card to save your games.

So despite the monstrous football game, Raw INCREASED viewership this week over last week.

8PM: 4.10 Million
9PM: 3.90 Million
10PM: 3.72 Million

Average: 3.90 Million

What's interesting is that the third hour may have been the lowest in total viewers, but had the same 18-49 rating as the first hour.

Anth0ny

So despite the monstrous football game, Raw INCREASED viewership this week over last week.

What's interesting is that the third hour may have been the lowest in total viewers, but had the same 18-49 rating as the first hour.

Macho Man = Ratings

Everyone was waiting for that third hour to see if the rumors were true. Would Macho Man be confirmed to enter the WWE Hall of Fame?

Sephzilla

I think its absolutely fucking hilarious that gamers will drop $200+ for a different version of a handheld system most of them probably already own but get their undies in a bundle when they are told they have to spend a whole $9 more for a charger.

Gaming side never changes.

Fox318

Meaning its the cena babies that turn the show off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to see Dos Caras Jr in the Ultimate. Get him the prestige he deserves.

Kacho

Gold Member
I think its absolutely fucking hilarious that gamers will drop $200+ for a different version of a handheld system most of them probably already own but get their undies in a bundle when they are told they have to spend a whole $9 more for a charger.

Gaming side never changes.

Haha always a show over there.

whoa hold up!

where-the-video-games-o.gif

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;147401468 said:
They should really carny this up.

FREE with your new 3ds majora's mask bundle is ONE 80% CHARGE OF BATTERY!

Haha always a show over there.

Gaming side can be entertaining as fuck. Just say someone say $5 is a lot of money for them right now. If $5 is a lot of money for you right now you probably shouldn't be dropping $200 on a gaming system right now.

Don't get too excited for the NXT thing. Looks like a one-time event just to test it out. As much as NXT is liked among hardcores, I don't see it drawing well. Unless this is a tiny building.

XenoRaven

"WrassleGAF sure is hilarious. All those people spending 3 hours every week and $10 a month for a product they only end up complaining about."

Generalizations are fun!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"WrassleGAF sure is hilarious. All those people spending 3 hours every week and $10 a month for a product they only end up complaining about."

Generalizations are fun!

But we ARE hilarious. I see no problem with that statement.

Don't get too excited for the NXT thing. Looks like a one-time event just to test it out. As much as NXT is liked among hardcores, I don't see it drawing well. Unless this is a tiny building.

The Lifestyle Communities Pavilion has a capacity of 2.2K indoors and 5k outdoors according to Wikipedia.

Fox318

Next step is somebody gives Vince money sells NXT and HHH and an investor run a separate company with Cesaro as world champion while Vince tours with John Cena and the Wiggles.

Vince has his Entertainment company and Hunter runs a successful wrestling promotion that doesn't have to answer to investors.

jmdajr

Meh. I can't get into College Football even though I am almost an NFL fanatic. It might as well be TNA to me.

I'm not salty. I'm pointing out that every community has stupid shit and it's easy to generalize and lump a bunch of people in one basket while you sit back and feel superior.

shit son its REALLy easy to sit back and feelsuperior to gaming side sometimes.

Forgive us for just not having the constitution to resist that, friend :[

Sephzilla

I'm not salty. I'm pointing out that every community has stupid shit and it's easy to generalize and lump a bunch of people in one basket while you sit back and feel superior.

Also, in 2015, it's dumb to not include a power cable with a product that requires a power cable to function.

When WrassleGAF reaches the point where we get multiple active threads bitching about the booking of RAW I'll concede that point. People are making way too big of a deal out having to buy one of the cheapest charging accessories in electronics. Sorry, but seeing people whine about having to spend 9 dollars more after their 200 dollar purchase does make me look down upon them a little.

imBask

Banned
WrestleGaf isn't scum, it's the most rational and fun place on this board

Naughty Dogs threads are scum
Fanboy threads are scum
OT section is scum

Generalizations are fun!

I like WrassleGAF, we're not as clique as Football/Soccer GAF. We're as friendly venomous as NBA-GAF, we're as perverted as Anime GAF, we like Japan as much as J-POP GAF. We have it all.

imBask

Banned
Wrestling threads are always fun because we're talking about dumb shit and we know it

Sports thread are usually filled with people who think they know everything better than you, and think they are right 100% of the time

Marvel

could never
I was called a cunty poster here, I have never felt such joy. WrassleGAF understands me where other areas of GAF simply do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom