• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Who here has had "real" Mexican food?

Me. There is a legit ass Mexican place in my city. With mole sauce and grasshoppers. I don't get too crazy with it, though. I usually stick with the standard taco, burrito, relleno, beans, and rice.

I went to a place in New Mexico that had less authentic Mexican food.

Kacho

Gold Member
I remember when Diamond Dallas Page, in an attempt to be cool at the age of 50, kept tacking "scum" to everyone's names. Like "Giant Scum" and "Scott Scum." I also remember when he tried to make "spank it, whack it, and jack it" a catchphrase. Diamond Dallas Page was just terrible on every level.

I remember DDP being cool in 98. Can't say why but there was something about him at the time. I touched his sweaty back when he ran through the crowd at Starcade 98 and marked out. He fell off of my radar after that though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dr Who is shit Plywood you're not alone. It's hokey, corny children's programming not unlike WWE, but with none of the muscle and instead replaced with "aw so shy and awkward" british dudes. So it's a complete L if you watch it

jmdajr

There is place in Houston where you can get a sampler of Tex-Mex Enchiladas, and Authentic Mexican Enchiladas.

The girl we took was not a fan of the Mexican ones. The face after taking a bite was priceless.

Fox318

zdGAKxg.jpg

Sephzilla

I've eaten taco bell

when I went to jmdajr's home city I asked for a quesarito and they laughed me out of town

Well I lived in Mexico and my mom cooked for me.

My grandma also made me corn tortillas from scratch.

You mean Chipotle? Yeah.

Me. There is a legit ass Mexican place in my city. With mole sauce and grasshoppers. I don't get too crazy with it, though. I usually stick with the standard taco, burrito, relleno, beans, and rice.

I went to a place in New Mexico that had less authentic Mexican food.

so how was the real stuff compared to our fake american stuff?

I ask this as someone who lives in wisconsin and will probably never experience the real thing

You fight one bean, you fight the whole burrito. Boots has a handicap match and you're on my team brother Bunsen.

Why did you have to say mexican food, now everyone will be like WELL ITS NOT MEXICAN FOOD YOU AMERICAN

Fucking dead at 'you fight one bean'

Mexican food is great, but I wouldn't want it for lunch. That's a long dinner thing. Taco Bell is perfecto.

I lived and worked in a town South of Tijuana for six weeks when I was 17 and I've been to Mexico probably a half dozen times since then, I was actually just in Sayulita last week. Love me some Mexican food

Cagey

Banned
Who here has had "real" Mexican food?

Mini-honeymoon a few weeks back, I had fake ass Mexican food on a resort. I can't handle hot sauces and yet their sauces were so weak I was wondering where the kick was. Catering to bland middle-aged white folk from Omaha.

Then I went into the nearby tourist beach town, went deeper into the real parts of town, and had real ass Mexican food at a local neighborhood hot spot. Seafood to die for.

The difference in quality is enormous.

strobogo

Banned
DDP was only good in 1997 and 1998. Before that, he was straight garbage. Essentially the love child of Michael Hayes and Honky Tonk Man. Then he got into shape and got over from the Kanyon Cutter, put on a lot of dope matches, then once he turned heel in 1999, he was back to shit. But his promos always sucked. He could not have been less cool if he tried.

GOOD GAWD. SELF HIGH FIVE. SCUM. DON'T SING IT, BRING IT. YOU WANT SOME, COME GET SOME. JACKED AND WHACKED. Screaming about banging dudes. Often while wearing a fanny pack, with his curly mullet, and a skull or wolf shirt, with tight acid washed jeans. Worst of all is that he clearly though he was saying such cool shit.

strobogo

Banned
One dish I can't get into:

Tostadas. I don't get the point of a flat taco. Once you scrape all the shit off of it, do you eat the now kind of soggy tortilla? It seems pointless to me. Make them into chips and turn it into a nacho kind of deal. Who wants nachos with one giant chip?

Dr Who is shit Plywood you're not alone. It's hokey, corny children's programming not unlike WWE, but with none of the muscle and instead replaced with "aw so shy and awkward" british dudes. So it's a complete L if you watch it

dr who was pretty good before the internet. Now it's focused on the leads being sexy

jmdajr

One dish I can't get into:

Tostadas. I don't get the point of a flat taco. Once you scrape all the shit off of it, do you eat the now kind of soggy tortilla? It seems pointless to me. Make them into chips and turn it into a nacho kind of deal. Who wants nachos with one giant chip?

What the heck are you doing man?

Sephzilla

This is completely off topic but it just popped into my mind and I wanted to say it here.

After watching the Home Alone movies as an adult I'm now fully convinced that Kevin's family are the real villains of the first two movies. Holy shit literally everyone there is an unlikable bad person.

dr who was pretty good before the internet. Now it's focused on the leads being sexy

They used to have some intriguing science-fiction storylines as well, rather than just using sci-fi themes to prop up poorly written drama/romance. New Who's all about looking sexy while running through corridors as dramatic, high-tempo music plays. Also, tumblr fucking loves new Who, which should tell you all you need to know.

...is that what they're supposed to be?

LMAO

Tumblr search Doctor Who. I dare you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They used to have some intriguing science-fiction storylines as well, rather than just using sci-fi themes to prop up poorly written drama/romance. New Who's all about looking sexy while running through corridors as dramatic, high-tempo music plays. Also, tumblr fucking loves new Who, which should tell you all you need to know.

Tumblr loves NJPW as well, watch out for those generalizations.

Here's a post I literally just pulled up:

https://36.media.tumblr.com/aaeb75cacfb7a3fa7411c57b31d07f1f/tumblr_ni6fghMhkS1qcluu2o2_1280.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/7e9d3c23fceb999dcf7d5c77701732a8/tumblr_ni6fghMhkS1qcluu2o1_1280.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/225f59dd35d8e0bc2b4a0d46094c25ac/tumblr_ni6fghMhkS1qcluu2o4_1280.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/71593a105563138d1d93bce9d755f922/tumblr_ni6fghMhkS1qcluu2o3_1280.jpg

Nobody is safe.

EDIT: Changed them to URLs, they were pretty close-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom