• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

More on the new Tough Enough:

USA Network President Chris McCumber announced eariler today that the USA Network will be bringing back Tough Enough.

The show will have live elements and interactive element.

The plan is to start filming after WrestleMania and the format will be wrestlers under contract to WWE, but not yet having appeared on television.

So it will be NXT talent on the show.

From PWInsider:

SLATERS GONNA SLATE

tumblr_m9zn8nWNMK1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

Kacho

Gold Member
I wonder why they keep Slater around. He seems to be going nowhere in his career even though he seems to be well liked backstage. I do like him though.

Sephzilla

Oh, so it will suck.

Dunn: "So Vince, people seem to like Paul's show"

Vince: "I don't know how, it's nothing but wrestling! Where's the drama and reality television parts that will give us cross-over appeal? START UP A NEW TOUGH ENOUGH, I'LL SHOW THEM REAL SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT DEVELOPMENT DAMNIT!"

i never saw the 92 Rumble, maybe i should check it out

why was the WWF title vacated?

Undertaker won the title from Hogan at Survivor Series '91 thanks to help from Ric Flair. So WWF President Jack Tunney signed a rematch 6 days later at Tuesday in Texas. Tunney was going to be at ringside to make sure it was a clean match. Flair came down and got in Tunney's face. Hogan hit Flair with a chair and Flair fell on top of Tunney, knocking him out (the only time Tunney was ever physically touched on TV). While Tunney was down and the ref was distracted, Hogan grabbed the urn from Paul Bearer, OPENED IT, and threw the ashes all over Taker's face, and rolled him up to win back the title.

Tunney was sick of everyone's bullshit. He immediately vacated the title and put it up for grabs in the '92 Rumble. The former WWF Champs in the rumble (Hogan, Taker, Macho Man, and Sgt. Slaughter) all got to pick numbers between just 20-30.

I wonder why they keep Slater around. He seems to be going nowhere in his career even though he seems to be well liked backstage. I do like him though.

Let's not understate his role as a humorous jobber, you can throw him into a segment, watch him make an arse of himself and then get wrecked while also often selling in an entertaining fashion. Really he's like that guy you love to see get one-upped because he plays the part well, maybe WWE see him handy in that way.

Ithil

Probably will not even by the regular NXT guys, but the guys and girls who haven't appeared on the NXT TV show yet. They have loads of them down there, including some promising ones that are nontheless rookies and would fit in to a Tough Enough thing.
Like I don't think Kevin Owens is going to be on the show.

Alucard

Banned
So, I just fired someone for the first time. Was in the company for less than 3 months, so it was as easy as it could have been, but still a challenge. Gave her general details why we wouldn't be able to retain her services, and she wanted detailed information on what she did. So I gave her 4-5 reasons why she's not a good fit.

Thought about saying "Best of luck in your future endeavors" but was able to control myself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just fired someone for the first time. Was in the company for less than 3 months, so it was as easy as it could have been, but still a challenge. Gave her general details why we wouldn't be able to retain her services, and she wanted detailed information on what she did. So I gave her 4-5 reasons why she's not a good fit.

Thought about saying "Best of luck in your future endeavors" but was able to control myself.

Welcome to the club. Firing people is great when they've done big things wrong.

Kacho

Gold Member
Let's not understate his role as a humorous jobber, you can throw him into a segment, watch him make an arse of himself and then get wrecked while also often selling in an entertaining fashion. Really he's like that guy you love to see get one-upped because he plays the part well, maybe WWE see him handy in that way.

I'd like to see him do a run for the US belt or something at some point. But yeah, you're probably right. I really enjoyed the squash matches he had with veterans a couple of years ago. That was legitimately fun to watch every week.

Did you tell her she should thank John Cena?

Sephzilla

I don't think I could have passed up the chance

Welcome to the club. Firing people is great when they've done big things wrong.

Vince McMahon
Firing people is great
(Today, 03:56 PM)

somedevil

Probably will not even by the regular NXT guys, but the guys and girls who haven't appeared on the NXT TV show yet. They have loads of them down there, including some promising ones that are nontheless rookies and would fit in to a Tough Enough thing.
Like I don't think Kevin Owens is going to be on the show.

Yep, so this is how Solomon Crowe will finally debut, lol.

Ithil

Let's look at the winners:

Tough Enough 1:
Maven - Had a few notable moments, never went past the midcard.
Nidia, valet for Jamie Noble, nothing of note otherwise.

Tough Enough 2:
Jackie Gayda, had one of the worst matches of all time, later a valet for Rico and Charlie Haas.
Linda/Shaniqua, valet for the Bashams, for a short time.

Tough Enough 3:
John Morrison, after forty two name changes, went on to be very successful with a lot of title reigns and feuds. Never managed to get to the main event, but a pretty good career in WWE all the same.
Matt, career derailed by a brain tumor, never wrestled for WWE in the end.

Tough Enough 4:
Daniel Puder, tried to shoot on Kurt Angle, paid for it when Benoit, Eddie and Hardcore Holly ganged up on him in the Royal Rumble to haze the shit out of him. Gone soon after.

Tough Enough 5:
Quiet Anger. Took a stunner, sent back to developmental, released for being shit.

So, uh, one successful career from among the winners.

I'm pretty jealous of your avatar, Duncan.

Also, no one watches Tough Enough to see a star of tomorrow. They watch it to see the stars of today and yesterday bully nobodies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's look at the winners:

Tough Enough 1:
Maven - Had a few notable moments, never went past the midcard.
Nidia, valet for Jamie Noble, nothing of note otherwise.

Tough Enough 2:
Jackie Gayda, had one of the worst matches of all time, later a valet for Rico and Charlie Haas.
Linda/Shaniqua, valet for the Bashams, for a short time.

Tough Enough 3:
John Morrison, after forty two name changes, went on to be very successful with a lot of title reigns and feuds. Never managed to get to the main event, but a pretty good career in WWE all the same.
Matt, career derailed by a brain tumor, never wrestled for WWE in the end.

Tough Enough 4:
Daniel Puder, tried to shoot on Kurt Angle, paid for it when Benoit, Eddie and Hardcore Holly ganged up on him in the Royal Rumble to haze the shit out of him. Gone soon after.

Tough Enough 5:
Quiet Anger. Took a stunner, sent back to developmental, released for being shit.

So, uh, one successful career from among the winners.

Ahem Cameron was in S5 and has a successful career!

Ithil

It is a little bit damning when the only person who was in Tough Enough to win a World title was a scrub contestant in the worst season of the show (the 2004 on Smackdown).

Ithil

Ahem Cameron was in S5 and has a successful career!

And Miz was in season 4 and won the WWE title. I was only looking at the winners. If I recall Cameron was gone by the second episode for sucking so much. So naturally she is the only one from that season that made it to RAW.

zychi

Banned
WWE 2k15 for X1 is $55 for the game and season pass currently digitally. Worth my money? Or should I just stick with the 360 version I rented from Redbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom