• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Something very surprising on the NXT tapings

Tag titles changed hands. Wesley Blake/Buddy Murphy beat the Lucha Dragons

lucha fans, what was the match that I should watch that either happened last year or two years ago that was a mask vs mask match? Was it with Titan? People in the crowd were crying at the end. All I know it was a MOTYC. I apologize if that makes no sense.

Atlantis vs Ultimo guerro from the CMLL Aniversay show last year.

MG310

T5WoLJB.png

Watched Maryse vs Mickie James from Night of Champions 2009. There's a lot I miss about the Divas division in 2009. Pretty much Beth Phoenix, Maryse, and Mickie James. Maryse was a dope heel, tons of heel moves and a lot of classic heel psychology in this match, which is unexpected coming from her. Usually most people think since Maryse was so attractive, she wasn't shit in the ring, and that's not entirely true. She may not have been a great wrestler but she understood heel psychology really well. And Mickie being Mickie. Good shit. My verdict: thumbs up.

Her mid-match shit talking was always great. Kinda sad watching Eva Marie trying to sex up wrestling moves like Maryse did.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something very surprising on the NXT tapings

Tag titles changed hands. Wesley Blake/Buddy Murphy beat the Lucha Dragons

Good. LDs are a mess and Kalisto needs to break free ASAP.

Her mid-match shit talking was always great. Kinda sad watching Eva Marie trying to sex up wrestling moves like Maryse did.

Yeah, Eva's a robot, Maryse actually believes it.

T5WoLJB.png

Watched Maryse vs Mickie James from Night of Champions 2009. There's a lot I miss about the Divas division in 2009. Pretty much Beth Phoenix, Maryse, and Mickie James. Maryse was a dope heel, tons of heel moves and a lot of classic heel psychology in this match, which is unexpected coming from her. Usually most people think since Maryse was so attractive, she wasn't shit in the ring, and that's not entirely true. She may not have been a great wrestler but she understood heel psychology really well. And Mickie being Mickie. Good shit. My verdict: thumbs up.

And then Kelly Kelly happened...

There really should be an option on the Network to run PPV broadcasts without commentary, just crowd/entrance/ring noise. It'd especially make watching with friends more fun

somedevil

Wow NXT is giving away
Itami vs Balor so soon. I get this feeling the finals is going to a repeat of match that two performers signed by the WWE

Kaladin

I've got to stop reading NXT spoilers.....next three weeks sounds amazing.

Get those network subs ready:

Zayn vs Owens at the next Takeover special February 11th for the title

KissVibes

Banned
I've got to stop reading NXT spoilers.....next three weeks sounds amazing.

Get those network subs ready:

Zayn vs Owens at the next Takeover special February 11th for the title

MATCH OF THE YEAR IS COMING SO EARLY.

Wow. I can't believe they don't want to save this one.

A-Ry should be forced to compete on Tough Enough.

If that gets him away from commentary I'm 100% behind this idea. Can't stand him lately.

Its just you have this list of guys and its going to be hard to put together a card where everyone has a match and plus you have the Undertaker doing another match as well.

Face: Bryan, Cena, Ziggler, Reigns, Ambrose, Undertaker, Sting and Orton
Heel: Rollins, Lesnar, Triple H, Bray, Rusev, Big Show Harper, BNB, Kane

You can see they are weak on the heel side for big matches. So some are not going to have the big match at Wrestlemania.

edit: Plus Bryan now has 2000 Y2J hair and hairstyle going

I think you are forgetting someone in that list. I'm shocked Fox didn't remind you! Or has Fox turned on his beloved :(

Just checked, my Network sub's up after Mania, which works out nicely. Going to cancel if the haven't uploaded some territory footage by then - it's so galling that they have this huge library of content but aren't using it, or even communicating what's going on or what their priorities and goals are for the Network, content-wise.

I'm up then too, I'll unsub until the next good PPV card unless NXT are doing some cool shit at the time.

Rollins vs Orton makes the most sense for him.

Cena's kind of the odd man out in all of this.

Cena can open the PPV with a magic show for the kids or some shit. Don't want to keep them up too late, they get real cranky.

Kaladin

Duuuuuuude.

It looks like the February 4th episode of NXT will have

Hideo Itami vs Finn Balor

and we'll get
Adrian Neville
vs the winner of that at Takeover.

I may be wrong.....but that is how the
#1 contender tournament
is looking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.