• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
I'm sure not everyone will be a fan of this move, but I thought it looked phenomenal in the context of the match.

Puma-Fenix-Rope-Walk-Kick.gif

These LU guys bring it on every single episode. My God.

somedevil

Duuuuuuude.

It looks like the February 4th episode of NXT will have

Hideo Itami vs Finn Balor

and we'll get
Adrian Neville
vs the winner of that at Takeover.

I may be wrong.....but that is how the
#1 contender tournament
is looking right now.

Yep thats right. Plus it looks like NXT wants to do there
own version of the best of Super Juniors match

somedevil

Some NXT Spoilers:

Itami vs Balor
got better than Raw chants.

Plus this seems to be the NXT Special line up:

Owens vs Zayn
Neville vs Balor in NXT does there version of the best of superior juniors match
Charlotte vs Lynch vs Bayley vs Banks
not announced by likely Murphy and Blake vs Lucha Dragons

Kacho

Gold Member
They only try tonight with Smackfown because of the move. Wish it always felt like like less like an afterthought on a weekly basis. But yeah, tonight is great.

You think so? Seems like the same old shit.

The only thing that seems same old to me is how uninvested the crowd is.

Alucard

Banned
I thought all of the matches were pretty forgettable from Smackdown yesterday. The promos were mostly great though.

-Great Bryan speech
-Great Rollins and Heyman exchange
-Good Dean Ambrose backstage stuff

...and then the matches happened. The six-man at the end felt like it was paint-by-numbers.

Alucard

Banned
LUCHA UNDERGROUND LOWDOWN S01 Ep10: Cage Debuts, Puma Defends Against Fenix

Featuring:
-crazy 4-man elimination
-Chavo and Blue Demon confrontation
-Drago vs. Cuerno III
-Fenix vs. Prince Puma

Gifs:

"I don't care about my life anymore" dive
Angelico-Dive.gif

"Holy shit, please don't die" dive
Drago-Cuerno-Dive.gif

FENIX
FenixPromoFire.gif

GTFO
Blue-Demon-Middle-Fingers.gif

Conclusion: Another great show from Lucha Underground. At this point, I’ve come to expect nothing less. All of the performers here put their hearts and bodies on full display for the audience, and the passion was palpable. The fact that the stories make sense, get follow-up, and are actually interesting makes this the can’t-miss weekly pro wrestling show.

If you haven’t checked out Lucha Underground yet, you’re totally missing out because it’s quite easily the freshest televised wrestling show out there in January 2015. That’s not even hyperbole but a legit fact at this point.

HIGHLY recommended.

I still don't know how Sting V Taker is a dream match. I thought it was just by default with Taker being the only WWE guy left from that era.

It's just kinda developed out of that era of Crow Sting and The Undertaker being big dudes of their opposing companies that had supernatural elements to their showmanship.

Although Kane vs Undertaker and their partnerships kinda satisfied that itch for me tbh. Would still love to see that match put them both into retirement but it's super selfish of me. They should both just hang up the boots and try to enjoy the rest of their lives with their beaten, battered and torn up bodies.

lmao

What's the general consensus here on Sasha Banks? I friggin love her so much. She's one of the more interesting women wrestlers the WWE has right now and I hope they keep her gimmick the same when she goes up to the main roster.

Totally awesome to watch. Highly entertaining and is great in the ring. Sports entertainer AND wrestler!

The charges on Slater were dropped because the statue of limitation had expired. So, uh, yeah. Hope he really didn't do that shit.

That's pretty shit. I wonder if the details will come out on what the police would have alleged.

1SpcZCY.gif

It should be busted out in the NPD thread when there's a crazed fanboy post.

lol yeah it's the perfect "wait wait wait wait, re-read what you are saying here" gif

I might start using it when people talk smack about the Vita.

somedevil

NXT Spoilers:

January 21st:

* William Regal announces the next Takeover special for February 11th. A tournament will be held to determine Sami Zayn's opponent for the NXT Title. Tye Dillinger comes out as does Sami, who beats Tye down before the bell. This leads to a promo between Sami and Regal. Sami begs to fight Kevin Owens right now. Sami says he will face the #1 contender whenever but he wants Owens. Regal makes Owens vs. Sami for Takeover.

* Finn Balor defeated Curtis Axel in a tournament match.

* Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte ended in a DQ when Becky Lynch hit the ring. Bayley made the save but Charlotte snatched her belt, which upset Bayley. Bayley laid out Charlotte.

* Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy defeated The Vaudevillians.

* Hideo Itami defeated Tyler Breeze with a kick in a great tournament match.

January 28th:

* Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd in a tournament match with Red Arrow.

* Baron Corbin defeated Bull Dempsey in a tournament match.

* Charlotte and Bayley vs. Sasha Banks and Becky ended when Bayley and Charlotte started fighting each other.

* Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy defeated Sin Cara and Kalisto to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions.

* Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens do a contract signing for their Takeover match. Regal makes their match for the NXT Title because Owens demanded it. Fans chant "Sign Owens Sign" at him.

February 4th:

* Enzo Amore and Big Cass come out to introduce Carmella. She says Blue Pants isn't here but Emma is. Enzo, Cass and Carmella are over with the fans. Carmella defeats Emma by submission.

* Adrian Neville defeated Baron Corbin in a tournament match. Bull Dempsey may have distracted Corbin from the crowd.

* Bayley defeated Becky Lynch. After the match, Sasha got in Becky's face and Becky shoved her down. Charlotte came out, mocked them all and raised her title.

* Finn Balor defeated Hideo Itami in a tournament match for the right to face Adrian Neville in the finals. This was an amazing match and the end of tonight's tapings.

Wow these 3 tapings sound insane.

Ithil

Complete NXT results, some great sounding stuff

* Solomon Crowe defeated Jason Jordan in the dark match.

January 21st:

* William Regal announces the next Takeover special for February 11th. A tournament will be held to determine Sami Zayn's opponent for the NXT Title. Tye Dillinger comes out as does Sami, who beats Tye down before the bell. This leads to a promo between Sami and Regal. Sami begs to fight Kevin Owens right now. Sami says he will face the #1 contender whenever but he wants Owens. Regal makes Owens vs. Sami for Takeover.

* Finn Balor defeated Curtis Axel in a tournament match.

* Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte ended in a DQ when Becky Lynch hit the ring. Bayley made the save but Charlotte snatched her belt, which upset Bayley. Bayley laid out Charlotte.

* Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy defeated The Vaudevillians.

* Hideo Itami defeated Tyler Breeze with a kick in a great tournament match.

January 28th:

* Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd in a tournament match with Red Arrow.

* Baron Corbin defeated Bull Dempsey in a tournament match.

* Charlotte and Bayley vs. Sasha Banks and Becky ended when Bayley and Charlotte started fighting each other.

* Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy defeated Sin Cara and Kalisto to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions.

* Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens do a contract signing for their Takeover match. Regal makes their match for the NXT Title because Owens demanded it. Fans chant "Sign Owens Sign" at him.

February 4th:

* Enzo Amore and Big Cass come out to introduce Carmella. She says Blue Pants isn't here but Emma is. Enzo, Cass and Carmella are over with the fans. Carmella defeats Emma by submission.

* Adrian Neville defeated Baron Corbin in a tournament match. Bull Dempsey may have distracted Corbin from the crowd.

* Bayley defeated Becky Lynch. After the match, Sasha got in Becky's face and Becky shoved her down. Charlotte came out, mocked them all and raised her title.

* Finn Balor defeated Hideo Itami in a tournament match for the right to face Adrian Neville in the finals. This was an amazing match and the end of tonight's tapings.

EDIT: I'm seein' double here. Four sets of spoilers!

This match isn't half bad, maybe it's the lack of Cena that's clouding my judgment. It's not totally free from suck though, it still has Big Show's smelly ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom