• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Brother Duncan.

Spent waaaaaaay too much time on this one. If someone wants to clean it up for me and remove the itty bitty white stuff, it's theirs. Was trying to transparent Alucard's avi as well and that was especially nightmare. If I could find the source of it in it's og resolution it could be a little easier. Otherwise, i'm schlumped.

Hdvr7qS.png

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

House of Hardcore 7 11/15/14

• Danny Doring vs Stevie Richards
  • Brian Myers vs Christian York
  • Vik Dalishus/Anthony Greene/Ben Ortiz vs Team Tremendous/Little Guido Maritato
  • Eddie Kingston vs Eddie "Eddie Edwards" Edwards
  • Alex Renyolds vs Lance Anoai vs Tony Nese
  • Killer Elite Squad vs Team 3D
  • Austin Aries vs Drew Galloway
  • Tommy Dreamer vs Booby Roode Old School Extreme Rules Match TNA Heavyweight Championship
  • Hardy Boys vs Young Bucks

This is genuinely, without exaggeration, one of the worst shows I've ever seen. An absolutely miserable experience. Garbage ECW nostalgia mixed with terrible new talent trained by Mikey Whipwreck/Dreamer/Dudleys and heavy TNA/ex WWE/NJ talent all going half speed with no energy in front of a "sold out" ECW Arena crowd that could not give a shit about anything. In addition to what could possibly be the worst color man job I've ever heard from Matt Striker. Dude puts Mike Tenay, Mark Madden, the WWE announce team all to shame with how absolutely insufferable and awful he is. I had to take a nap half way through the show and when I woke up, it was so bad I thought I had appendicitis. I'm not even kidding. This show is miserable.

I have no idea what kind of sad life one leads who is a fan of this and pays to see it in person or on IPPV/DVD. Of course the show ends with Bubba talking about revolution and change on a show with the Dudleys, Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Danny Doring, Guido, Stevie Richards, the Hardys, and Beulah that ends in a beer bash with Enter Sandman playing.

strobogo

Banned
Who did Alberto El Patron fight?

No one. He showed up and beat up Curt Hawkins, dropped a bunch of F-bombs, and started an ECW chant. And the fans that got super hyped when Ricardo came out and did his intro pretty much died when ADR actually came out. Going from title matches at WM to being in a t shirt and jeans at the shit box ECW arena working for Tommy Dreamer.

Sandman, have you paid for a HoH show?

dream

No one. He showed up and beat up Curt Hawkins, dropped a bunch of F-bombs, and started an ECW chant. And the fans that got super hyped when Ricardo came out and did his intro pretty much died when ADR actually came out. Going from title matches at WM to being in a t shirt and jeans at the shit box ECW arena working for Tommy Dreamer.

That sounds like some Jake Roberts shit. Alberto El Patron can't sign with Bellator soon enough. Jesus.

Spent waaaaaaay too much time on this one. If someone wants to clean it up for me and remove the itty bitty white stuff, it's theirs. Was trying to transparent Alucard's avi as well and that was especially nightmare. If I could find the source of it in it's og resolution it could be a little easier. Otherwise, i'm schlumped.

Hdvr7qS.png
D6HhKwC.png

Hasney

When people are saying holy fuck at NXT spoilers, is it a good gold fuck or a bad holy fuck?

After watching Lucha Underground, all I can say is that they should feel very lucky Miz doesn't work for them.

A7ywIuxCAAMwdoB.jpg

Damn, how am I just now learning about the BSK being a thing backstage? The Kliq was a thing, but these nerds actually had merch. Also, The Usos look a LOT like their dad.

strobogo

Banned
If you think the Usos suck, you should watch the Lance Anoai match. He's Samu's son and is a straight up bootleg Uso, who does all of their spots and chants, plus the People's Moonsault.

strobogo

Banned
I'd like to see WWE pick up the Dudleys again, only to somehow get control of the Team 3D name as well and not allow the Dudleys to use it once they get released in 3 months.

People's Moonsault sounds like a Juicy Juicy Juicy Juice thing though. And that sounds entertaining to me.

Nope. It's completely non-ironic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw Boyhood today. And I have to say... that's it? It's just a coming of age movie with a gimmick, and that's why all the critics rated it highly?

I saw Boyhood today. And I have to say... that's it? It's just a coming of age movie with a gimmick, and that's why all the critics rated it highly?

It surprisingly managed to connect with me enough to keep me interested throughout the whole thing, impressive for a long-ass movie like that. I can def. see where you're coming from though. I don't think i'd even put it in my top 10 for the year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It surprisingly managed to connect with me enough to keep me interested throughout the whole thing, impressive for a long-ass movie like that. I can def. see where you're coming from though. I don't think i'd even put it in my top 10 for the year.

It's fine as a movie. It's good even. But the way the hype was for such a movie that wasn't some action movie/Disney produced 'of course it reviewed well' had me curious that this movie would truly be something incredible. That it would use that lapse of time in such a unique way that it would have been worth it, and I would know what the director's vision was.

Nah man. Not even close.

And on an aside, I've also decided that I like the first MIB more than the first Ghostbusters.

UberTag

It's fine as a movie. It's good even. But the way the hype was for such a movie that wasn't some action movie/Disney produced 'of course it reviewed well' had me curious that this movie would truly be something incredible. That it would use that lapse of time in such a unique way that it would have been worth it, and I would know what the director's vision was.

Nah man. Not even close.
Boyhood was a terrible disappointment to me and I'm a HUGE Linklater fan. His Before trilogy is one of my all-time favorites.

I really hated how he went out of his way to rub the time-lapse gimmick in your face by showing all of those different gaming systems, the Harry Potter lineup, the Obama election, etc. As if the aging actors weren't evidence enough.

What I really wanted is some narrative hooks at the beginning of the movie that would come back into play at the end of it. Like if Mason had been told something as a kid that resonated with him and would have a profound impact on us when it came full circle a dozen years later. That never happened, though.

When people are saying holy fuck at NXT spoilers, is it a good gold fuck or a bad holy fuck?
I was at the taping. It was some good stuff.
for Corbin : if it was a distraction by Bull, i'm okay with it. It's a decent way to make him lose a match
At the end of the match, Bull Dempsey snuck out to ringside and tossed Corbin into the ring post, behind the ref's and Neville backs. Corbin was able to make it back into the ring before the 10 count, but Neville took control and soon hit the Red Arrow for the victory.

It's almost certain we will see a Corbin-Dempsey III at Takeover. If Dempsey gets squashed there for a second time, I feel his chances going forward are DOA.

I paid for and enjoyed that HoH iPPV, as trashy as it was. Sometimes trashy is good, but if you're allergic to ECW nostalgia I don't know why you'd even watch a show you knew you were going to despise.

Also, Team Tremendous are pretty damn great and I'm disappointed you didn't realise this, stro. I mean, it's right there in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom