• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing on the card for the York Hall show really grabbed me, plus that venue is the worst for triggering migranes in me. Boiling hot, no drinks even water at your seat, and a ring that's falling apart.

Yeah, it really is the shits, but is perfect for me because it's so close to Liverpool Street. I've managed to sneak in a bottle of water the past few times I've been there, though.

Ospreay vs Styles should be good, but I'm not a fan of the way RevPro announce matches - they announce Romero for the show on the 22nd and the Wolves for the show on the 8th, but then won't confirm if those guys will be there on the 15th until they're ready (i.e, a week or so before the show). That might be how other promotions like PROGRESS do it, but they aren't running 3 shows in a month.

iMax

Here is my FOUL FIVE reasons to hate the UK...

1. Mr. Bean

it38MUmFmpVs4.gif

Alucard

Banned
My Goddaughter turned 9, so there's gonna be a wild party
of out-of-control 9-year-olds wrecking my brothers house and then also a bunch of old fucks like me discussing politics and terrorist attacks.

Good times.

That sounds like fun. Kind of. Enjoy.

CLQBFr6.jpg

Good show at Korakuen from Dragon Gate today - Susumu beat Big R in the Dream Gate no.1 contender tournament finals, so he gets a shot against BxB Hulk in the future. Also, Yuuga Hayashi & Kotoka joined the Millennials, Dr. Muscle turned on MAD BLANKEY, revealed himself to be Kzy and joined Dia HEARTS. All three factions will face off in a huge 6 vs 6 vs 6 tag match made for next month's Korakuen, which should be awesome.

Alucard

Banned
All right, so I've come to accept that this is the direction of WWE's creative:

-Rollins comes out of Rumble as Champion
-Reigns wins the Rumble

Mania:
-Reigns vs. Rollins
-Bryan vs. Brock
-Cena vs. Rusev
-HHH/Partner vs. Sting/Undertaker

???

iMax

CLQBFr6.jpg

Good show at Korakuen from Dragon Gate today - Susumu beat Big R in the Dream Gate no.1 contender tournament finals, so he gets a shot against BxB Hulk in the future. Also, Yuuga Hayashi & Kotoka joined the Millennials, Dr. Muscle turned on MAD BLANKEY, revealed himself to be Kzy and joined Dia HEARTS. All three factions will face off in a huge 6 vs 6 vs 6 tag match made for next month's Korakuen, which should be awesome.

The Demon Kane doing a Spicy Wing challenge. The promos write themselves.

iMax

-Reigns wins the Rumble

Mania:
-Reigns vs. Rollins
-Bryan vs. Brock
-Cena vs. Rusev

???

Fine by me. I have a nasty feeling it's gonna be Hogan vs. Rusev though.

Yeah, I've got little problem with that Mania line-up, other than that hack Cena, obviously. Can't wait to see how far Rusev falls after getting the Cena treatment.

God, no.

Incidentally, anyone else find Hulk to be a huge fucking asshole in his feud with Nikolai? All he wanted to do was wave his flag and sing the Russian national anthem, but Hulk couldn't abide that shit. Ventura pointed out Hulk's hypocrisy, acting like a bastion of American virtues, only to then shit all over Nikolai's freedom of speech & expression. Fucking disgusting hate monger, that Hulk Hogan.

Jamie OD

-Reigns wins the Rumble

Mania:
-Reigns vs. Rollins
-Bryan vs. Brock
-Cena vs. Rusev

???

I haven't considered Sting & Taker teaming together. That would be a very good idea to get fans invested in a Taker WM match now that is unbeaten streak is gone. Only guy I can think of on the current roster for HHH's partner is Demon Kane. Batista would be better but I'm not expecting him to show up.

Edit: Eurgh, thought of another one. Big Show.

That King of Indies tournament at Mania weekend looks the drizzling shits. ROH's Top Prospect Tournament looks shite as well. Is BOLA the only tournament worth a damn in the US these days?

iMax

I haven't considered Sting & Taker teaming together. That would be a very good idea to get fans invested in a Taker WM match now that is unbeaten streak is gone. Only guy I can think of on the current roster for HHH's partner is Demon Kane. Batista would be better but I'm not expecting him to show up.

No, stop right there. That would actually be awesome: HHH & Kane vs. Sting & Undertaker.

Alucard

Banned
We could also get Hogan turning heel and teaming with HHH, OR staying face and teaming up with either Sting in his match against HHH, OR teaming with Cena against Rusev and another old Russian guy.

strobogo

Banned
God, no.

Incidentally, anyone else find Hulk to be a huge fucking asshole in his feud with Nikolai? All he wanted to do was wave his flag and sing the Russian national anthem, but Hulk couldn't abide that shit. Ventura pointed out Hulk's hypocrisy, acting like a bastion of American virtues, only to then shit all over Nikolai's freedom of speech & expression. Fucking disgusting hate monger, that Hulk Hogan.

That's every Hogan feud. He was more of a cunt than Cena. He'd constantly cheat before the heels did, he was an incredibly sore loser, he threw his friends under the bus at every opportunity and then would be indignant if his friends did the same to him, he frequently attacked non-wrestlers, and invoked the name of God to enable him to be a huge hypocrite.

That's every Hogan feud. He was more of a cunt than Cena. He'd constantly cheat before the heels did, he was an incredibly sore loser, he threw his friends under the bus at every opportunity and then would be indignant if his friends did the same to him, he frequently attacked non-wrestlers, and invoked the name of God to enable him to be a huge hypocrite.

So one could say that he's a 'Real American' if you wheeeeeel?

Alucard

Banned
So what if we get Taker/Sting teaming up, and that leaves Hogan open to do a tag with Cena against Rusev and another legend.

Wonder if WWE would be okay having Sting's only match be in a tag, though. They likely want to give him a huge one-off match. Facing HHH would probably produce the best match, but that would mean old man Taker would have to find another dance partner. Hogan also wants a match at Mania by everything he said on Jericho's podcast. I don't want three old guy matches. Would rather have at least two of those guys in one match if we get Sting, Taker, and Hogan all at this Mania.

Jamie OD

That King of Indies tournament at Mania weekend looks the drizzling shits. ROH's Top Prospect Tournament looks shite as well. Is BOLA the only tournament worth a damn in the US these days?

DGUSA/Evolve is already 0 for 2 with tournaments at Mania weekend (Evolve 2013 was disappointing, DGUSA trios in 2014 was mostly bad) so I had no interest in this to begin with. Maybe someone can win over the fans during the weekend and earn some buzz but I see a lot of rubbish aswell.

Browny

Banned
Happy Friday, guys. Any plans for this weekend?

I have (after midday Saturday) a free weekend! Wifey and daughter are up to her parents til Tuesday, so I have the opportunity to sit around in my pants and watch TV.

Will probably end up:

• Washing the car (hasn't been done for 3 months)
  • Catching up on NJPW
  • Going to Ikea
  • Play some Star Wars LCG
  • Sit around in my pants watching films

Woot.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
Vince, please leave Hogan out of WM!!, or any other wrestler that has no business being in the ring at whats considered to be the Superbowl of wrestling.

Its time to hang it up Hogan, I love you "brotha", do you thing with supporting Breast Cancer, much props to all the wrestlers supporting efforts such as that.

I cant stand Cena as well, but damn, they guy puts in some serious hours in efforts to help those less fortunate, much props as well.

I don't get. Is he a mentally challenged Brit, or is he an offensive stereotype of a minority?

He's definitely not a stereotype. "Mentally challenged" is probably as close a description you can get, though I don't think it's played as any sort of illness/disability, just a bit of a dense klutz.

tumblr_motcuvbnXY1rlw0blo1_400.gif

strobogo

Banned
God damn, Heyman with the strongest burn this side of "Diet Chris Tucker":

On the Alliance/Invasion angle:

" A watered down version of a bad episode of Thunder against the entire WWE."

DiscoJon

Banned
Guys. Friends. Wrasslegaffers.

I've been acting like a right bastard the last few weeks. No, months (shit, maybe my whole GAF career) to most of you. I've been way to personal on insults and trying to "one-up" you all. I just want to apologize to you all if I've been too much of a bastard too you. I know that includes Sunny and Bootaaay most of all. I guess my drunken-ass instinct is to go after the biggest dudes in the room or something.

Anyways. I know I don't post that much, but I hope I can provide a few laughs here and there for you all. If I start to become way too personal, please call me out or message me about it.

What? Were you expecting that CMPunk.gif I always post? C'mon...

Aiii

So not worth it
I feel a distinct sense of dread right now, like the world is about to end.

Not sure what do with myself right now, I feel like I should call my mom and tell her I love her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom