• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Boyhood today. And I have to say... that's it? It's just a coming of age movie with a gimmick, and that's why all the critics rated it highly?

It's an out and out gimmick movie. If you are into the gimmick you will love the movie. If you want your nostalgia gland pleasured you will love the movie.

Aside from that it's a pretty straight forward drama movie with some great and some terrible acting and some great and some terrible writing. I think it's his weakest movie by far (yes I don't count FFN, deal with it).

It's so odd to see people have such disdane for the main roster and such excitement over NXT.

I'm a big fan of the current main roster! I just think they have shit to work with. They are stuck working bad material with poor booking a lot of the time.

B7chlzbCQAAlqU5.jpg:large
Why is he wearing laced up shoes while in his underpants?

Aiii

So not worth it
Hulu does have the live specials, just not a live broadcast of the live special.

Hulu is, of course, cheaper than the Network, and offers many other TV shows. If you only want the Network for NXT, I wouldn't put it above Hulu.

Hulu does have the live specials, just not a live broadcast of the live special.

Hulu is, of course, cheaper than the Network, and offers many other TV shows. If you only want the Network for NXT, I wouldn't put it above Hulu.

Unless you're in 'Murica, Hulu is pretty slow.

There's a chance I wouldn't be able to watch it live anyways because of work, too. I think I still have a Hulu Plus 1 month voucher laying around somewhere, so I might be able to use that. And even if it's expired or something, I don't mind paying.

Hasney

Probably going to have to resubscribe to the Network myself now I don't need to fanny about with a VPN that stopped working on consoles with my ISP.

Aiii

So not worth it
Unless you're in 'Murica, Hulu is pretty slow.

I'm not in America, I have no issues at all with Hulu's speed.

It does have some Chromecast streaming issues with ads and continuing from them, but that's an App problem, not so much a connection issue between my home and America.

I'm not in America, I have no issues at all with Hulu's speed.

It does have some Chromecast streaming issues with ads and continuing from them, but that's an App problem, not so much a connection issue between my home and America.

To be fair, that's likely due to Hola being a piece of shit, but I don't want to pay for a VPN or have all my traffic go through it.

JavyOO7

Apparently, according to Meltzer, no Main Event on Network until later in the year due to contractual obligations issues with Sky. Only way to watch it in US is through Hulu. Though if I am sourcing a fake report or something please let me know...

iMax

Apparently, according to Meltzer, no Main Event on Network until later in the year due to contractual obligations issues with Sky. Only way to watch it in US is through Hulu. Though if I am sourcing a fake report or something please let me know...

I wonder if this was the reason for the numerous launch delays in the UK?

Hasney

lol, blocking the rest of the world from content because of a UK deal? Christ, they really did botch here.

So from the looks of it (and by accident), I seem to be on track for at least 1 live show a month so far this year. Copied from my Calendar:

Jan 4th: PROGRESS ENDVR 8 @ The Garage
Jan 25th: PROGRESS Chapter 17: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger @ Electric Ballroom
Feb 22nd: Rev Pro @ London Cockpit
Mar 1st: PROGRESS ENDVR 9 @ The Bedford Pub
Mar 22nd: PROGRESS Chapter 18: The Show We Can't Call PROGRESSTLEMANIA For Legal Reasons @ Electric Ballroom
Apr 6th: CHIKARA @ The Garage
Apr 19th: ICW: Alex Kid In London @ KOKO

Going to try and keep it up for the rest of the year.

Honestly mainly bought ICW tickets to see how KOKO works as a wrestling venue, saw Bloc Party there and it was a really nice gig venue. And to see Drew.

Gonzalez

Banned
So my extra Paige is missing now. That's just fucking great.

Alucard

Banned
when i saw this gif i thought it was from a WWE 2K game and it was a glitch the way that dude was flying out of the ring

Lucha Underground matches often feel like you're watching someone play a wrestling game with all of the wacky stuff that happens, so I can see why there might be some confusion.

strobogo

Banned
I paid for and enjoyed that HoH iPPV, as trashy as it was. Sometimes trashy is good, but if you're allergic to ECW nostalgia I don't know why you'd even watch a show you knew you were going to despise.

Also, Team Tremendous are pretty damn great and I'm disappointed you didn't realise this, stro. I mean, it's right there in the name.

You piece of shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
lol, blocking the rest of the world from content because of a UK deal? Christ, they really did botch here.

They probably figured that Main Event isn't a deciding factor in wether or not you get the Network and it's not cost-effective to create a seperate Network just for the UK and Ireland right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Happy Friday, guys. Any plans for this weekend?

My Goddaughter turned 9, so there's gonna be a wild party
of out-of-control 9-year-olds wrecking my brothers house and then also a bunch of old fucks like me discussing politics and terrorist attacks.

Good times.

Hasney

They probably figured that Main Event isn't a deciding factor in wether or not you get the Network and it's not cost-effective to create a seperate Network just for the UK and Ireland right now.

They were happy to do an IP check to block the entire network, not sure why they'd not just do that here.

Happy Friday, guys. Any plans for this weekend?

Nah, spent the last of my money going out on Tuesday. It wasn't pretty.

Aiii

So not worth it
They were happy to do an IP check to block the entire network, not sure why they'd not just do that here.
Probably requires extra programming. They still aren't Android 5.0 compatible and there's no Chromecast support either. I haven't been able to run the WWE Network on my mobile devices since the middle of last year now.

They asked me in the app to provide them with feedback once, so I reported those things, but still nothing.

Gonzalez

Banned
Here is my FOUL FIVE reasons to hate the UK...

5. No Main Event
4. Lousy Cinnabons
3. FELLAAAAA!!!
2. The lack of TV seasons, and incomplete programs
1. Mr. Bean

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WWF Summerslam 1996

• Savio Vega vs Owen Hart
  • New Rockers vs Body Donnas vs Smoking Gunns vs Godwinns WWF Tag Team Championships
  • Sid vs British Bulldog
  • Goldust vs Marc Mero
  • Jerry Lawler vs Jake Roberts
  • Undertaker vs Mankind Boiler Room Brawl
  • Vader vs Shawn Michaels WWF Championship

I'd like to point out that I did this almost a month ago and the negativity for this show was in no way influenced by the negativity of the HoH show. 1996 WWF really fucking sucked until around September/October when Russo started being allowed to write stuff. This show is no different.

So from the looks of it (and by accident), I seem to be on track for at least 1 live show a month so far this year. Copied from my Calendar:

Jan 4th: PROGRESS ENDVR 8 @ The Garage
Jan 25th: PROGRESS Chapter 17: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger @ Electric Ballroom
Feb 22nd: Rev Pro @ London Cockpit
Mar 1st: PROGRESS ENDVR 9 @ The Bedford Pub
Mar 22nd: PROGRESS Chapter 18: The Show We Can't Call PROGRESSTLEMANIA For Legal Reasons @ Electric Ballroom
Apr 6th: CHIKARA @ The Garage
Apr 19th: ICW: Alex Kid In London @ KOKO

Going to try and keep it up for the rest of the year.

Honestly mainly bought ICW tickets to see how KOKO works as a wrestling venue, saw Bloc Party there and it was a really nice gig venue. And to see Drew.

I'll be at all those except for the ENDVR shows - didn't realise RevPro have two shows in London that month. I've got front row for the York Hall one.

You piece of shit.

Right back atcha, friend.

I'll be at all those except for the ENDVR shows - didn't realise RevPro have two shows in London that month. I've got front row for the York Hall one.
Wonderful! I still need to actually *get* tickets for PROGRESSTLEMANIA mind.

Nothing on the card for the York Hall show really grabbed me, plus that venue is the worst for triggering migranes in me. Boiling hot, no drinks even water at your seat, and a ring that's falling apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom