• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
What would have Punk looked like in Immortals?

cm-punk-with-mustache.jpg

strobogo

Banned
stro hating HOH is both fitting and fucking hilarious

Have you worked for them? Can you explain why the screen would randomly warp and turn green when they are working with digital cameras? Can you explain why a dude with as much or more experience on the production side of things than wrestling can put on a show with so many production gaffes? Can you explain how depressing it must be to go from working for Vince at WM to Dreamer at the ECW Arena?

Gonzalez

Banned
I really like Daniel Bryan's hair now. Makes him look like Jesus Christ. Though just in the face. Jesus was fucking ripped, he didn't have the body of a doughy vegan.

Aiii

So not worth it
I really like Daniel Bryan's hair now. Makes him look like Jesus Christ. Though just in the face. Jesus was fucking ripped, he didn't have the body of a doughy vegan.

The Catholic Jesus I grew up with was a sad sack of skin and bones hanging on a cross for my sins Gonzalez.

DiscoJon

Banned
I feel a distinct sense of dread right now, like the world is about to end.

Not sure what do with myself right now, I feel like I should call my mom and tell her I love her.

LTT3eGW.gif

Things are gonna be okay. Big DiscoJon has a date on Saturday and things are gonna work out just fine, dammit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quoting this for the Wrasslin thread as I think a lot of y'all need to watch this match, because it was goddamned excellent. Masa Saito is so dope.

Odml0FQ.png

Watched Masa Saito vs Larry Zbyszko from a show in Feb of 1990 for the 1000/1 Project - I've always really liked Saito, because he's so big and looks...well, blustery. I've always been a fan of Larry as well so I thought this might be a good match to watch. This was apparently for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship that Zbyszko had at the time.

It's right up my alley. It definitely feels like some AWA shit. A lot of grappling, slow grappling and submission attempts which was really both of their forte, and they do make it look good. Some real quick transitions and I really enjoy it, but I realize this style isn't for that many others, so be warned. Saito locks in what looks like a kneeling figure four, and eventually Zbyszko counters with something I couldn't put my finger on (almost Brock Lock-esque) before Saito starts working on Larry's legs in earnest. Very few strikes until the end. Hot finish, however, once Saito starts exploiting Zbyszko's worked over legs. Love hearing the crowd get hot for Saito's suplexes, and it erupts when Saito hulks up against's Zbyszko's strikes.

Thumbs up despite the slow start. Really enjoyed this.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00090_1_6

Don't read this spoiler until you finish the match

Saito wins and the place goes fucking NUTS. I love it.

Kaladin

Friends.....there is good wrestling. It is from a small building in Florida and features a great roster of established and rising stars who are making an impact. Embrace the future, jump on the NXT hype train.

Sephzilla

He somehow finds a way into the shot all the time. He's like the Where's Waldo of wrestling.

Friends.....there is good wrestling. It is from a small building in Florida and features a great roster of established and rising stars who are making an impact. Embrace the future, jump on the NXT hype train.

I've been on the NXT hype train ever since Arrival and haven't looked back.

I believe one of my first comments on NXT after Arrival was "holy shit is NXT always that good?"

Fox318

Hasney

Thank you for making us aware of this small underground brand of wrestling. May I ask how you found something so incredibly small and hidden?

Did they try a gym?

Sephzilla

I'm glad I didn't read those NXT spoilers.

Also add me to the list who would say Rick Rude had one of the best physiques in wrestling ever.

Ithil

Once you realise NXT is HHH signing loads of international stars and fantasy booking them with no Vince interference it all makes sense.

Sephzilla

I think we all know who is gonna win the rumble.

That cat is adorable

Once you realise NXT is HHH signing loads of international stars and fantasy booking them with no Vince interference it all makes sense.

One thing I kind of worry about is what NXT will do after most of its big names are called up to the main roster. Are they going to run out of indie stars to sign?

Kaladin

One thing I kind of worry about is what NXT will do after most of its big names are called up to the main roster. Are they going to run out of indie stars to sign?

They seem to have a good training staff on hand, because their non indie names aren't that bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom