• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

More terrible WWE theme song lyrics:

The King grinned red as he walked from the blaze,
Where the traitor lost both his name and his face.
Through the halls and the corridors stinging in blood,
He tasted his grin and it tasted good.
The King took his head. Left him broken and dead.

Bow down to the, bow down to the King.

The King left none living, none able to tell.
The King took their heads and he sent them to hell.
Their screams echoed loud in the place of their death.
Ripped open they died. With their final breath.
They hailed the King, the King of Kings.

Evolution is a mystery
Full of change that no one see's
Clock makes a fool of history
Yesterday's so long ago
Don't agree with what I know
Tomorrow is the place to be

I see the line in the sand
Time to find out who I am
Looking back to see where I stand?

Evolution
Evolution

See my reflection change
Nothing ever stays the same
Don't you know that is the game

Well you know what I need
Everything of what he see's
Hallucination, unforseen

Run away if you see me
Don't even say my name
Don't think that you can know me
Don't try and play that game
Every day that I get better
I watch as you can worse
My script is too the letter
And I'll write your final verse

I am here to stay (well I'm here to stay)
And I have come to play

[Chorus]
(I came to play)
I came to play
There's a price to pay
Time for you to get down on your knees and pray
(I came to pay)
Say goodbye to the good old days
They never coming back
Watch your future fade
(I came to play)
I came to play to get my dues paid
I guess you had a dream
But it can't be safe
(I came to play)
I'm here to stay
Best get out of my way
I came to play

I glow inside this light
I see new life unfold
Each second I burn brighter
Your fire is going cold
You could try to beg for mercy
Go ahead and try to run
No escape and no redemption
Understand the ends begun

I am here to stay (well I'm here to stay)
And I have come to play

DMczaf

8hj2iaK.gif

Dante

Didn't watch New Japan on AXS yet, I dvr'd it. I just watched Lucha Underground this week, prob my least fav episode. Cage is incredibly lame, and the show felt like high spot after high spot. Vampiro is staring to get on my nerves as well as the fake crowd. Hope it gets better next week.

hamchan

There's a thread on /r/squaredcircle that says Smackdown was great this week.

Is this true?! Maybe I'll watch it for more Rollins being great.

JR changed his mind.

I've waffled on the winner of the Rumble match itself several times, perhaps I should have been a professional politician, but my latest 'gut feeling' is that Daniel Bryan takes home the WM31 main event spot.

Mahonay

Banned
Watching Smackdown for the first time in months right now.

- Rollins really is the future. Holy shit. He was fantastic in this show. How does WWE get it so right with him, but on the other end of the spectrum, actively hinder someone's progress like they are with Cesaro? You can tell it's a crapshoot depending on who gets behind you backstage, and if anyone cares enough to write half decent content for you.

- Bryan has been eating a lot of veggie burgers in his time off. Looks good with the hair trim though. He has some rust to shake, but you can tell he's rested and ready to go.

- Thank god Reigns is wearing his old gear again. Looks so much better than his new cheesy ass look. He should stick with this.

- The announcing was wayyy fucking better than RAW. There's an immediate improvement with out JBL to gunk up the entire show. Byron actually tries to call the match so he's naturally better. Also now Jerry is active through out matches, as opposed to being mostly silent on RAW. Maybe he hated trying to talk over JBL too much to even try? Does Vince not do Gorilla for Smackdown? Because the direction sounds completely opposite than the Monday show. As in, commentating on matches and not things that happened in the opening segment, or the app, or the fucking Great Gazoo. And again, FUCK JBL. Watching a main WWE show with out him is a revelation. He is more terrible than I realized. Can we take him off PPVs next?

- If they're serious about bringing Smackdown back as an important show that follows story-lines, I'll start watching it weekly. Then continue to do what I do with RAW now, wait to hear which parts weren't total fucking shit and skip the rest. This episode didn't have any incredible matches, but just the storytelling and commentating alone made it more enjoyable. The sweetened audience noise didn't even bother me like it usually does.

Dear Journal, Smackdown was good.

the flood of whiny anti Nintendo tears that randomly flow through wrasslegaf every now and then is hilarious

I guess it's because you can't really criticise Nintendo fans on gaming side without...repercussions. Personally, I find it hilarious that endless sequels and HD remakes are a terrible thing, unless Nintendo do it of course, then it's OK.

Marvel

could never
Just watched Brines match on SD, couldn't stop wincing. I know he's cleared to compete but I worry about his neck.

The match opening dropkick he did and landed on the back of his head doe...

Impact!

Show-opening video was too short and too frantic. MVP's promo was great. EY's was as bad as MVP's was good, and went on too long. And his haircut sucks. Joe and Kurt tried to recreate their opening deal from '06, but it was in the middle of a ramp in a dim building with no people. They had a JOINED IN PROGRESS match in 2015 and went through the motions. EC3 taking over from Big John was horrible, as was JB acting to what he's expected to be hearing by just making random movements and grimacing. Hardys-Wolves was a very good match, but hurt by the terrible lighting. Josh putting it over as "new lighting" doesn't make it any less low-rent.

Roode-EY was nothing, and hurt like everything else with the picture in picture graphics that always messed up the aspect ratio of at least one side of things. They also didn't consistently show live stuff on one side or the other, so you never knew where to look instantly for live action. X Title match was quite good, and I liked parts of the main event talking angle. MVP's "unless you want to shuck and jive and dance to gospel music" and "YOU CALLIN ME BY MY GOVERNMENT!" ruled, as did the kiss of death to set up the beating. LASHLEY WAS FUCKING AWFUL though. The show as a whole was far better than last week's. I liked the Wolves-Hardys match, loved the X Title match, and liked parts of the KOs and EY-Roode stuff. Finally having the BDC turn on Lashley was good, even if Lashley can't talk, and it's kind of amazing that we're finally going to be getting MVP as champion at some point since that was the whole plan and Lashley's amazing title reign was basically a pure accident caused by MVP getting hurt.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-16-15.html

Screens -
Yeah, this needs to go.

Ditto EY's hair

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vsvkunx3kf9wpfc0ffzjz8mtqo5j5bu0

Aiii

So not worth it
I guess it's because you can't really criticise Nintendo fans on gaming side without...repercussions. Personally, I find it hilarious that endless sequels and HD remakes are a terrible thing, unless Nintendo do it of course, then it's OK.

Seriously, I love Zelda, but I am so sick of fucking Epona, that green hat and the same old dungeons every time. Make a Zelda-like game in another world, it's fine Nintendo.

It's not like it won't sell, it still days Nintendo and people will know it was made by the guys that made Zelda.

Is there a 'DogGAF'? If not there bloody well should be. I spent the morning at the local cat & dog shelter walking dogs. It was the most calming thing I've ever done. I was so tempted to take Rottweiler home out of all the dogs there.

I know right.

It was the softest, calmest, friendliest dog out of all them. Didn't bark. Listened to commands, and just wanted to stay close and receive strokes. I felt bad I felt like the house wasn't big enough for it.

Is there a 'DogGAF'? If not there bloody well should be. I spent the morning at the local cat & dog shelter walking dogs. It was the most calming thing I've ever done. I was so tempted to take Rottweiler home out of all the dogs there.

I know right.

It was the softest, calmest, friendliest dog out of all them. Didn't bark. Listened to commands, and just wanted to stay close and receive strokes. I felt bad I felt like the house wasn't big enough for it.
Dogs are awesome.

This might be close to a dog GAF. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=411652&page=1

Fox318

Most dog aggression issues are either genetic or based on a bad environment. Smarter dogs tend to require more attention from owners and can act up if they don't get it.

And this is coming from somebody attacked by 2 pitbulls and a Rottweiler.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Red Heat (1988)

Didn't like this. Ranks near the bottom of Arnold movies for me. Jim Belushi is one of the most agonizingly annoying actors that has ever existed. Off hand, the only guy that annoys me as much as him is Jay Baruchel.

Whatever. I wouldn't recommend it if you're wanting to see it because of Arnold. It's definitely more of a Jim Belushi vehicle.

I have two whippets, best thing I ever did. Dogs can be very calming, just depends on the breed you choose.

My Wife's family have 2 dogs and we looked after them for 2 weeks when they went on holiday. Best 2 weeks I've had for a long time. I really miss them, I think that's the reason I've started to look for a dog now!

Border Collie/Spaniel cross, and a Sausage/Jack Russel cross. Absolutely love the Collie.

Dogs are awesome.

This might be close to a dog GAF. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=411652&page=1

Nice, thanks!

Most dog aggression issues are either genetic or based on a bad environment. Smarter dogs tend to require more attention from owners and can act up if they don't get it.

And this is coming from somebody attacked by 2 pitbulls and a Rottweiler.

Yeah, without a doubt it's down to breeding and environment. I got the feeling that a lot of the dogs at the Shelter had been breeding dogs and abandoned when they got too old to breed.

Marvel

could never
My Wife's family have 2 dogs and we looked after them for 2 weeks when they went on holiday. Best 2 weeks I've had for a long time. I really miss them, I think that's the reason I've started to look for a dog now!

Border Collie/Spaniel cross, and a Sausage/Jack Russel cross. Absolutely love the Collie

Aw, well dude if you have the time and space you totally should go for it!

We'll have to help you with a wrasslin' related name for it though ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom