• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a dream I was playing some Quake style fast paced shooter where you were playing as a sheriff and accompanied by a younger sheriff and the younger sheriff was like the tagalong to your hard boiled sheriff and the younger one wanted revenge on his father for killing his mother. And it was set in a national park where you were playing as this old school Tommy Lee Jones looking sheriff

But also there were Xenomorphs and they were the main enemy which didn't seem to be as big of an issue as the murderous father. I was sad when I woke up and realized it wasn't a real game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think so, but I'm sure they must watch some indie wrestling, as one of their combos (the standing moonsault/fistdrop) is a long-standing tag spot used by the Smash Bros.

I'm sure they do. Some of the moves they pulled out were kinda fucking stupid though. Nobody's perfect, however. I hated that turnbuckle-double-superplex bomb though.

Excerpts from a Bryan interview; he wants to be the face of SmackDown and equal it to RAW - how would he do that? Make the King of the Ring on SmackDown.

I have a lot of hopes and goals for 2015, one of which [has a lot to do with Smackdown]. With Smackdown coming to Thursday and with me coming back, I would like to be the main guy on Smackdown and have Smackdown start beating Raw in the ratings. That’s really what I want. I’ve been very open about that with management, and told them “let me be the face of Smackdown, give me the opportunity to show what I can do and by the end of the year Smackdown will be getting just as many viewers as Raw if not more.

I would like to have the King of the Ring tournament on Smackdown. The King of the Ring tournament is something that the WWE used to do on a usual basis, and they’ve gotten away from it.

One, I love tournaments. Two, I think if you do the tournament exclusively on Smackdown the fans will get really excited about it and they’ll get geared up for it. Then crowning a King of the Ring champion on Smackdown, I think that would be awesome. That’s one of the many ideas I have for Smackdown in 2015.

link

Seems like a fool's errand but I like where his head is at.

UberTag

I'm going to go to the local flea market and see if I can find some terrible wrestling memorabilia and/or a hooker.
c7NJRa2.gif

2-midget-wrestlers-kill-by-hookers.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Excerpts from a Bryan interview; he wants to be the face of SmackDown and equal it to RAW - how would he do that? Make the King of the Ring on SmackDown.

link

He's just unleashing his inner carny. If he's on SD and ratings go up with him as the anchor, while Raw ratings tumble with Roman as the anchor, he'll have the next few WM main events wrapped up. And ratings for SD are obviously going to get a bit of a bump switching to Thursdays anyway. He's learned much during his time away from the ring.

link

Trying to stay away from the bullshit politics and Cena's next 10 title reigns. Smart man.
If only they got rid of the canned crowd reactions. Bugs the shit out of me.

somedevil

Some Rumors going around:

The longest running NXT joke may come to an end soon:

There are rumors that Solomon Crowe will finally make his WWE NXT TV debut at next month's Takeover event. Crowe working dark matches has become a running joke among the NXT regulars at Full Sail University.

Plus take this with a grain of salt because its from that MetsFan4Ever guy:

Top indie star and former CZW World Heavyweight Champion Biff Busick will be getting a tryout with WWE at the Performance Center in Orlando next week, according to verified WWE insider MetsFan4Ever on Reddit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's just unleashing his inner carny. If he's on SD and ratings go up with him as the anchor, while Raw ratings tumble with Roman as the anchor, he'll have the next few WM main events wrapped up. And ratings for SD are obviously going to get a bit of a bump switching to Thursdays anyway. He's learned much during his time away from the ring.

He also learned how to really cut a babyface promo.

This time off might be the best thing that ever happened to him.

I'm going to go to the local flea market and see if I can find some terrible wrestling memorabilia and/or a hooker.

Maybe Tammy is doing a "snuggle tour"? A flea market would be the perfect place for that.

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

The Chaperone (2011)

You know, this is surprisingly not bad. Not great or anything, but pretty solid for a family comedy with light drama elements starring a pro wrestler. HHH is solid in it, but the girl from Modern Family is really good. She's a great actress. I liked her a lot in this. And I think she was like 11 or 12 during this. I feel like she can have a good career as an adult.

iDrtaKlu0spBn.gif

I saw it but all I remember is Hornswoggle creeping on her during Raw.

So the next WWE MSG show lineup is changing. This was the original card:

-- January 13: WWE has released the initial (subject to change) line-up for their next MSG show in New York City on February 27.

The advertised main event is John Cena & Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins & U.S. champion Rusev.

Plus, Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt, and Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro. Plus, Chris Jericho is advertised.

It has since changed to this:

WWE has re-worked the line-up for their next MSG show in New York City on February 27.

The theme is now "Hulk Hogan Appreciation Night" and the new main event is John Cena & Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt & U.S. champion Rusev.

Also scheduled is Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins & Kane, plus Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro. Also, Chris Jericho is scheduled.

StevieWhite

Wrestlegaf, I will be fifth row at the rumble. If I am not mistaken, I should be in most of the hard camera shots. I will try to take pictures so I can share them here. I will also try to wear an obnoxious shirt so you can recognize me. Should be a good weekend!

Wrestlegaf, I will be fifth row at the rumble. If I am not mistaken, I should be in most of the hard camera shots. I will try to take pictures so I can share them here. I will also try to wear an obnoxious shirt so you can recognize me. Should be a good weekend!

Bring a god damn sign

Seth with his legendary shiteater acting like a Vince babyface.

Are you ready to join Seth-Kun's Kliq XFits?

2 fit me bro

Kaladin

5th row?

Prepare to be annoyed endlessly by the 4 people in front of you. I've had nothing but bad experiences on the floors of WWE PPVs, Wrestlemania included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom