• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched DDP/Savage from Spring Stampede. DDP makes it sound like it was a huge moment in his career but that match was not good and it did not make him look good at all. Also how was this the main event?

The answer gif to "Why does [something] suck in WWE?"

qtvDbD9.gif

Here is the complete episode listing

January 16

Tanahashi vs. Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 7
January 23

Okada vs. Hirooki Goto, 2013 New Japan Cup finals
Shinsuke Nakamura/Tomohiro Ishii/Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki/Lance Archer/Taka Michinoku
January 30

Tanahashi vs. Okada, Invasion Attack 2013
February 6

Okada vs. Togi Makabe
Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
February 13

Okada vs. Prince Devitt
Tanahashi/Makabe/Jushin Liger/Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson/El Terrible/Tama Tonga/Bad Luck Fale
February 20

Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi
Satoshi Kojima vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Karl Anderson
February 27

Tanahashi vs. Tesuya Naito, G1 Climax finals
March 6

Nakamura vs. Naomichi Marifuji
Naito vs. Yijiro Takahashi
March 13

Okada vs. Naito, Wrestle Kingdom 8
March 20

Nakamura vs. Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 8
March 27

Nakamura vs. Tanahashi, Invasion Attack 2014
April 3

Okada vs. AJ Styles, Wrestling Dontaku
Ibushi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
The Forever Hooligans vs. The Young Bucks
April 10

Okada vs. AJ Styles, Yokohama Arena
Takashi Iizuka/Toru Yano vs. Suzuki/Shelton Benjamin

UberTag

The answer gif to "Why does [something] suck in WWE?"

qtvDbD9.gif
Are we sure Dunn isn't really just a failed cloning experiment? I think Vince tried to clone himself, wound up with some defective result and he just keeps Dunn around because at least then he'll have someone dumber than him who will take orders no questions asked.

Are we sure Dunn isn't really just a failed cloning experiment? I think Vince tried to clone himself, wound up with some defective result and he just keeps Dunn around because at least then he'll have someone dumber than him who will take orders no questions asked.

Now that you mention it, Dunn looks like a jank ass Shane... you might be onto something here Uber.

Pizoxuat

Entire presentation of new japan on AXS was amazing. High quality product and great showing for new japan.

I agree. I even liked the commentary, as goofy as it got at times, because they were paying attention to the match. Got the season set to record on the DVR because I am definitely going to want to watch all of it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Here is the complete episode listing

January 16

Tanahashi vs. Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 7
January 23

Okada vs. Hirooki Goto, 2013 New Japan Cup finals
Shinsuke Nakamura/Tomohiro Ishii/Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki/Lance Archer/Taka Michinoku
January 30

Tanahashi vs. Okada, Invasion Attack 2013
February 6

Okada vs. Togi Makabe
Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
February 13

Okada vs. Prince Devitt
Tanahashi/Makabe/Jushin Liger/Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson/El Terrible/Tama Tonga/Bad Luck Fale
February 20

Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi
Satoshi Kojima vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Karl Anderson
February 27

Tanahashi vs. Tesuya Naito, G1 Climax finals
March 6

Nakamura vs. Naomichi Marifuji
Naito vs. Yijiro Takahashi
March 13

Okada vs. Naito, Wrestle Kingdom 8
March 20

Nakamura vs. Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 8
March 27

Nakamura vs. Tanahashi, Invasion Attack 2014
April 3

Okada vs. AJ Styles, Wrestling Dontaku
Ibushi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
The Forever Hooligans vs. The Young Bucks
April 10

Okada vs. AJ Styles, Yokohama Arena
Takashi Iizuka/Toru Yano vs. Suzuki/Shelton Benjamin

Okada and/or Tanahashi are featured in all but 2 episodes.

0e3.png

Damn seriously how great was the New Japan AXS tv debut? They treated New Japan as a big fucking deal, commentary was surprisingly good and the included interviews were really well done. If the lineup the next few months is any indication this may surpass LU as my favorite weekly wrasslin show real quick.

Can we complain about gaming side in here? Because that New3DS thread is like the biggest circle jerk of people trying to make that system seem like the best thing ever. It's sad and disgusting.

Can we complain about gaming side in here? Because that New3DS thread is like the biggest circle jerk of people trying to make that system seem like the best thing ever. It's sad and disgusting.

I'm down for circle jerking our opinions about why gaming side is terrible. I would never think to share it in there. All these Nintendo fans are waaaaay too much here. Fuck, even Vita has a hardcore defense force. I think they actually convinced some poor guy to buy one.

DMczaf

That, and the people who use Majora's Mask to show how HARDCORE GAMER they are

That is just absurd.

Majora's Mask is all about the TIME. Managing Link's time and THE PLAYER'S to do as much things you can do before the 3 days expired and if you fail you play the song of time (saving) and try again.

Oh, you failed at the Ranch quest? Well bad for you, try again in the next cycle.

Making it possible to use checkpoints makes the whole game premise pointless. There will be no penalty for failing planning or planning bad your time between quests "Oh I wasn't at the correct time in Clocktown" well...gid gud and try again on the next cycle.

MM is known for being one of the most punishing Zeldas. You take that and It will be just one more "that green fairy boy" game.

I don't want to be punished. I'm not a masochist.

Not every game needs to be for everyone. There are hundreds, thousands of games that don't punish their players, especially in this day and age.

Of course, we're talking about Nintendo here and Nintendo is all about making games for everyone, even if that means turning a special game into a still-special-but-not-as-special-as-before game.

If you just want to push forward and "A" and beat the game, there are plenty that will meet your expectations.

Majora's Mask is not for you.

Then play a different game.

Crippling the experience doesn't help anyone.

That's okay. It just sounds like majora's mask (in its original form) isn't for you.

Not every game needs to hit 100% of people, and it's frustrating that a classic is being altered in a broken attempt to.

We talkin bout video games...

Nintendo fans are the worst at trying to force people into liking games for their system. Look at all those damn Splatoon threads including one yesterday that basically said they love the shopkeepers in Splatoon. They are very abrasive if you say anything negative about Nintendo also.

I like Nintendo, but fuck, these guys are ridiculous, it's hard to read that side. Petitioning Nintendo because a slightly smaller version of a system, seriously?

In other news I saw the new TNA. Is there no crowd and that's why the seats aren't lit?

I like Nintendo, but fuck, these guys are ridiculous, it's hard to read that side. Petitioning Nintendo because a slightly smaller version of a system, seriously?

In other news I saw the new TNA. Is there no crowd and that's why the seats aren't lit?

Yeah only like 300 people showed up. Just don't watch TNA. It's really not worth your time.

We talkin bout video games...

I love difficult games. I love Majora's Mask for how much of a darker turn it was for the Zelda series. But most of those people are complaining about features they don't even to use. Hell, Souls players like to strip things away for challenge runs. Some people make it into a roguelike etc; Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. It's a single player experience, shut the fuck up, holy shit. You should be happy your favorite game of all time is going to be the same for you and at the same time, made more accessible to others.

Nintendo fans are the worst at trying to force people into liking games for their system. Look at all those damn Splatoon threads including one yesterday that basically said they love the shopkeepers in Splatoon. They are very abrasive if you say anything negative about Nintendo also.

The Splatoon shit is the worst. Like I said in here the other day, it's just funny to see how upset they get when the game doesn't sell well. They're in massive denial mode, same thing happened with Bayo 2. Not saying they're bad games at all. I love Nintendo. But damn, some of these people on gaming just make me ashamed to admit I love playing video games sometimes.

DMczaf

I love difficult games. I love Majora's Mask for how much of a darker turn it was for the Zelda series. But most of those people are complaining about features they don't even to use. Hell, Souls players like to strip things away for challenge runs. Some people make it into a roguelike etc; Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. It's a single player experience, shut the fuck up, holy shit. You should be happy your favorite game of all time is going to be the same for you and at the same time, made more accessible to others.

You don't get it, it's not FOR them. It's for us! The REAL gamers #ECW #ECW #ECW

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Nintendo is so irrelevant for me that it's way easy to avoid contact with their fanboys. Unless it's a Zelda thread, I'm not reading anything on GAF about Wii U or 3DS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But...Majora's Mask is a great game and the Splatoon shopkeepers do look cool.

I mean, it's ok to not share those opinions and all.

Toki767

Just watched the NJPW show on AXS. Aside from Mauro Ranallo not pronouncing Okada's first name correctly and saying "puru" instead of "puro", the commentary was really good. The match was probably better than the one they had this year at Wrestle Kingdom 9 too.

PInk Tape

Banned

3hardcore5me

But seriously though if they are worried about the 3DS version getting "dumbed down" for those scary casuals there are other ports of the game out in the wild right now. The Wii virtual console one being the cheapest and easiest to get. Well, if you still have a Wii and 1000 Wii points of course.

I think people just need to chill the fuck out and learn how to have fun with games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom