• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
1988: Hacksaw Jim Duggan - first ever winner of event.
1989: Big John Studd (via eliminating Ted DiBiase).
1990: Hulk Hogan (via eliminating Mr. Perfect).
1991: Hulk Hogan (via eliminating Earthquake).
1992: Ric Flair (via eliminating Sid Justice).
1993: Yokozuna (via eliminating Randy Savage).
1994: Bret Hart/Lex Luger.
Both men eliminated each other at same time to become '94 co-winners.
1995: Shawn Michaels (via eliminating British Bulldog).
1996: Shawn Michaels (via eliminating Diesel).
1997: Stone Cold Steve Austin (via eliminating Bret Hart).
Bret Hart originally eliminated Austin when officials were not looking but Austin rolled back in and continued the match to eliminate Hart.
1998: Stone Cold Steve Austin (via eliminating The Rock).
1999: Vince McMahon (via eliminating Steve Austin).
2000: The Rock (via eliminating Big Show).
2001: Stone Cold Steve Austin (via eliminating Kane).
2002: Triple H (via eliminating Kurt Angle).

2003: Brock Lesnar (via eliminating The Undertaker).
2004: ***** ****** (via eliminating Big Show).
2005: Batista (via eliminating John Cena).
2006: Rey Mysterio (via eliminating Randy Orton).
2007: The Undertaker (via eliminating Shawn Michaels).
2008: John Cena (via eliminating Triple H).
2009: Randy Orton (via eliminating Triple H).
2010: Edge (via eliminating John Cena).
2011: Alberto Del Rio (via eliminating Santino Marella).
2012: Sheamus (via eliminating Chris Jericho).
2013: John Cena (via eliminating Ryback).
2014: Batista (via eliminating Roman Reigns)

The bold are the only times i marked out or cared for the win. Not sure why i even get excited for the Rumble anymore.

I still can't believe Batista won the Rumble last year. Remember how loud the crowd was getting for Reigns too? Probably my least favorite Rumble winner next to Del Rio and Sheamus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe Batista won the Rumble last year. Remember how loud the crowd was getting for Reigns too? Probably my least favorite Rumble winner next to Del Rio and Sheamus.

it took them about 5 mins to get psyched for Reigns. The boos from #30 were REALLY REALLY strong.

Vylash

those desperate "we'll even settle for Reigns" chants were the fucking best

RP912

Banned

The sad thing about the whole rumble was the fact that the crowd was expecting Bryne to come out...but received a broken Rey Mysterio :(. Of course the crowd had to go behind Reigns since there were no other choices. Anybody but fucking Batista.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Encino Man a Pauly Shore movie, or is it a movie with Pauly Shore in it? Because that one is an all time classic.

Encino Man is a Pauly Shore movie to me, and it is wonderful.

YoOZJKn.jpg

H1OtXtJ.jpg

That is the first time I've seen/heard John Pollock. Please don't tell me anyone here likes him.

Is it so hard to find some reasonable wrestling media personalities?

That is the first time I've seen/heard John Pollock. Please don't tell me anyone here likes him.

You need to cut that shit RIGHT NOW.

Hardest working man in the wrestling podcast internet bidness. Pollock in this video is just him being a bit more chippier. Dude is a professional ass professional.

And I made him say legit shook.

Alucard

Banned
What did you watch or listen to? He's pretty solid from a news reporting perspective IMO.

Thanks, bro.

While we're here, why don't you guys catch up and read some opinion pieces on all the latest in pro wrestling?

Lucha Underground ep.10 review - http://www.wrestleenigma.com/lucha-...1-ep10-cage-debuts-puma-defends-against-fenix

ROH ep.173 review - http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...and-review-january-10-2015-roh-kicks-off-2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You serious?

That clip of him is weird, not his usual at all.

strobogo

Banned
All wrestling personalities/"journalists" are terrible. I have no idea why anyone would want to listen to them. Read something, sure, but listen to them? I feel the same about listening to gaming "personalities".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All wrestling personalities/"journalists" are terrible. I have no idea why anyone would want to listen to them. Read something, sure, but listen to them? I feel the same about listening to gaming "personalities".

I listen on my commute. Can't read while driving. Well, not for long...
Man, Billy Graham gave Jericho the soul burner. That book must be something else.

Yeah I thought maybe he was fucked up. But no. Lucid as thee fuck. Fucking CRAZY.

Friends, don't forget to check out my Wrestle Kingdom 9 review, which has been clicked on 558 times as of today.

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/gfw-pr...ingdom-9-results-and-review-the-secret-is-out

Hard-nosed no-nonsense mark reporting from yours truly, friends.

Alucard

Banned

I'd listen to a podcast with you, Heel, and bean breath. And Bootaaay for the levity.

strobogo

Banned
I listen on my commute. Can't read while driving. Well, not for long...

Yeah I thought maybe he was fucked up. But no. Lucid as thee fuck. Fucking CRAZY.

I find it all gross and almost offensive in how annoying they all are. Nerd boners everywhere. I can't handle it. I can't handle listening to 40 year old men talking about the intricacies of some angle. I'd be much more willing to read it than listen to them. And as for video games, fuck all of it. I don't want to read or listen to anything regarding them.

RP912

Banned
I wish the Hogan/Kidman match wasn't full of bullshit. I wanted to see how Hogan would take hunna.

Speaking of which...

Top 5 random dream matches:

1. Kane vs Ricky Steamboat
2. Hogan vs Tanahashi
3. Melenko vs Sid Vicious
4. Brian Knobbs vs Shibata
5. Meng vs Tiger Mask

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find it all gross and almost offensive in how annoying they all are. Nerd boners everywhere. I can't handle it. I can't handle listening to 40 year old men talking about the intricacies of some angle. I'd be much more willing to read it than listen to them. And as for video games, fuck all of it. I don't want to read or listen to anything regarding them.

The thing about Pollock is that he's not a personality. He's very clinical but not boring. He's really the greatest for that - you never hear anything stupid out of him, he's always a serious guy who sometimes gets driven to the point of despair, but he's not a "SyxxPacXxX420Wolfpac" style personality at all. It's literally his job, and he focuses on the job part of it.

strobogo

Banned
Streamers, friend Cure. They're called streamers. They're a sign of respect to the in-ring talent. ROH is just keeping it fun and playful.

ROH fans were, are, and will forever be twats. They only did the streamers to be smarky LOOK HOW SMART WE ARE WE WATCH PURO VHS TAPES bullshit.

Alucard

Banned

There are some truly terrible wrestling podcasts out there. The O Show comes to mind. Bruce Blitz and his youtube crew of misogynist bros too.

Pollock and Wai Ting are pretty entertaining, though. The one I think needs to go from The LAW crew is Lovranski, who sounds like any fan who got "smartened up to the business" in the mid-90s.

strobogo

Banned
In my mind, all wrestling podcasts that aren't done by people like Austin are basically full of Matt Striker cunts and I'm not subjecting myself to that.

There are some truly terrible wrestling podcasts out there. The O Show comes to mind. Bruce Blitz and his youtube crew of misogynist bros too.

Pollock and Wai Ting are pretty entertaining, though. The one I think needs to go from The LAW crew is Lovranski, who sounds like any fan who got "smartened up to the business" in the mid-90s.

Is that the one where they make fun of Bobby Heenan's throat cancer treatment? Cause that shit got me heated when I listened to that. Not even gonna bother listen to that filth.

Alucard

Banned
ROH fans were, are, and will forever be twats. They only did the streamers to be smarky LOOK HOW SMART WE ARE WE WATCH PURO VHS TAPES bullshit.

Eh, depends on the fans. I don't think ROH smarks are any worse than smarks who attend any show from any promotion, WWE or otherwise. There will always be annoying super smarks who aren't aware of their own shitheadedness, but there are some "normal" ROH fans too.

strobogo

Banned
Eh, depends on the fans. I don't think ROH smarks are any worse than smarks who attend any show from any promotion, WWE or otherwise. There will always be annoying super smarks who aren't aware of their own shitheadedness, but there are some "normal" ROH fans too.

You're brainwashed and don't even realize you're one of them. It's sad, friend Alucard. Drop ROH. It is rotting your brain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Review an Impact is reborn anew later tonight. Only wrestling podcast worth following week in and week out.

Don't have to watch Impact to enjoy it, in fact its a better show when you don't watch it. Going to become my Monday morning commute show.

RP912

Banned
I would love to hear a giant bomb type of podcast without the giantbomb cynicism. Something where dudes are shooting the shit, talking about wrestling without being too overly smarky and not a lot of marky.

Alucard

Banned
Is that the one where they make fun of Bobby Heenan's throat cancer treatment? Cause that shit got me heated when I listened to that. Not even gonna bother listen to that filth.

I don't know. They have a female host they treat like shit sometimes too, call women sluts, bitches, etc. and just use vulgarity because they think we're still in the Attitude era. Only listened to two shows before deciding they're totally shit.

Anth0ny

In my mind, all wrestling podcasts that aren't done by people like Austin are basically full of Matt Striker cunts and I'm not subjecting myself to that.

I'd rather listen to Wai and Pollock than an Austin podcast that seems like it's made up of 50% ads and Austin talking about random bullshit I don't really care about. Some of his stories are entertaining, but a lot of the time he just rambles about nothing. When he brings his wife on... ugh. Same shit with Jericho and JR. If someone uploaded those podcasts without the ads that would be great.

I agree that most wrestling personalities are annoying as fuck to listen to, but Pollock and Wai are the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom