• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, he now looks like a guy who should be teaching earth science in high school.

Big One

Banned
Dudleys are "somewhat legendary"? That's new to me. I still consider them to be one of if not the greatest tag team of all time.

I probably posted this already, but my friend Jeff did a great interview with Tommy Dreamer.

http://www.jeffpearlman.com/todays-quazcast/

If I recall, Dreamer was a stay-at-home dad. I know he always spoke of picking his kids up from school.
Cool, will give a listen later. I wasn't aware Jeff Pearlman was a wrestling fan, I know him from his sports books and his SI articles. I clicked on the link and I was like, "Is this the sportswriter Jeff Pearlman?" Found the answer when I saw the bio.

Cagey

Banned
Stro spitting truth about the Bucks.

Rosenberg is Striker-levels of bad. Unlistenable. Put Rosenberg with the Fight Network guys who do the NXT show on a rocket straight into the sun.

Pollock and Wai are terrific.

Rosenberg is fantastic and has been for nearly a decade in NYC.

Pollock and Wai and the entirety of the LAW are the worst smark bullshit. Somehow worse than Alvarez and his people. Uninteresting, not entertaining, with nothing to add more than anyone here but given a platform that elevates them above.

The first two are crimes if you don't have any info or insight worth listening to.

Started watching that Biff ZSJ match and it made me miss the crowds in Japan. They started a slow clap in the first minute of chain stuff. I really liked the way you could just watch a match and any reactions were organic.

MC Safety

Cool, will give a listen later. I wasn't aware Jeff Pearlman was a wrestling fan, I know him from his sports books and his SI articles. I clicked on the link and I was like, "Is this the sportswriter Jeff Pearlman?" Found the answer when I saw the bio.

He's not a wrestling fan. He's friends with Dreamer.

I keep pushing Jeff to write about Vince McMahon Jr. and his machinations taking the WWF nationwide, but he never bites. I think it's a fascinating subject, but what do I know?

Alucard

Banned
Stro spitting truth about the Bucks.

Pollock and Wai and the entirety of the LAW are the worst smark bullshit. Somehow worse than Alvarez and his people. Uninteresting, not entertaining, with nothing to add more than anyone here but given a platform that elevates them above.

The first two are crimes if you don't have any info or insight worth listening to.

"Worse than Alvarez" is a sentence that should rarely be uttered. Certainly not in reference to Ting and Pollock.

Alvarez is awful. Only guy worse is that dude from Between the Ropes.

I've been watching WCW in order from the first Nitro. That includes the PPV's (But there are gaps because WCW Saturday Night isnt on).

I know the nwo had alot of people in it but damn by the end of Sept 96 it was
Hogan
Nash
Hall
Dibiase
Giant
Syxx
Fake Sting
Vincent.

When did people start saying the nwo was getting to big with talent? Was it here or when nwo split into two factions. Watching it now they are still over with fans and the storyline hasn't gotten stale.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Terry Gordy is looking and sounding rough in this shoot.

Love his stories about going to high school and doing wrestling at the same time since he was fifteen-sixteen for a lot of his early career. Working for Lawler at sixteen

lw2m9Z5.gif

Cagey

Banned
"Worse than Alvarez" is a sentence that should rarely be uttered. Certainly not in reference to Ting and Pollock.

Alvarez is awful. Only guy worse is that dude from Between the Ropes.
On second thought you're right. Alvarez is still the shit tier.

Hey now. Who interviewed Hulk Hogan, Mark Henry, Mick Foley, Mike Tyson, Cesaro and others last year on the podcast. Rosenberg or the Review a Raw dudes?

somedevil

On the recent NXT house shows they are doing this match:

A three way with Neville, Itami and Balor

Now I'm wondering if they might
insert Itami in the Balor and Neville match on next special

Rosenberg is the bottom of the barrel, "I don't know anything about wrestling but I'm going to act like I do" worse shit I've ever heard. Can't believe people listen to that guy.

Alvarez is at least charming, knows he's a goofball, and admits when he's wrong.

LAW is... ehh. Not the worst. I'll listen when I need something and got nothing else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I loved the Zero-1 match getting over Hayato going into a blind rage when he sees Voodoo Murders still being a thing. Because who wouldn't when they see that stable in 2015
Rw1diI7.jpg

Fujita's running kick spin to the outside from the apron is one of my favorite spots right now. Can't wait for Daniel Bryan to steal it because he can't come up with something of his own.

So, Wesker, will you tell me why Shoemaker sucks now?

I just explained it the best I could. Cheap Heat and Grantland is "Wrestling for those who don't understand the inside of wrestling" except it's all so uninformed it helps no one because those producing it don't bother to inform themselves. But he'll spend a ton of time telling you who he saw backstage at a WWE show like that means anything.

tl;dr its about ethics in wrestling journalism

Alucard

Banned
TheWesker spits so much fire. You gotta get more of the mark spirit in you, Wesky. You'd probably enjoy following wrestling more.

I'm not satisfied by your explanation, Wesker. Most of what you said seems to be pointed at Rosenberg, who plays the role of douche-heel well. Shoemaker is largely inoffensive, even when he seems completely off the mark with his projections.

I'm going to check out Mania 21 in a bit because I've been meaning to watch Taker/Orton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NJPW needs to try to snipe Hayato, Kotaro, and Hidaka to try to bring some life into their juniors division, singles or tag. Or you know, just keep bringing over random indy US workers who aren't over at all or keep using Taguchi who gets less of a reaction every week. Just keep doing that, I guess.

Or I should get more into ZERO-1 because they're looking to get some stuff going finally.
fujitarevengetvs7p.gif

That's how you win over Datazord

Alucard

Banned
Any way to watch NOAH, AJPW, or DG online and keep up with all their shows chronologically?

...watching LU ep.10 for the third time this week. Something really clicked with this episode for me. Awesome opener, good Chavo/Demon segment, crazy Drago dive, and a really good main event. Excellent stuff all around.

I wonder what makes me ok with springboard elbows yet absolutely detest springboard cutters.

Like, I watch Jay Lethal and think, "yeah, he's a solid midcard to upper midcard guy" and then he hits the Lethal Injection and all of that is thrown out the window.

On second thought you're right. Alvarez is still the shit tier.

Hey now. Who interviewed Hulk Hogan, Mark Henry, Mick Foley, Mike Tyson, Cesaro and others last year on the podcast. Rosenberg or the Review a Raw dudes?

I'm so glad he was able to leverage ESPN's access to interview people. He should be very proud of himself for latching on to Shoemaker and Grantland. Maybe he would be more listenable if he weren't drooling after the women wrestlers like he's Lawler's kid or other, more generally popping his loads about who he saw backstage.

Edit: Basically, I agree with TheWesker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom