• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan doing most of the work despite just coming back from an injury lol

Also, yeah, all of his interviews reek of "you guys need to riot again, plz"

The Smackdown thing's never going to happen though. I figure he'd be better off telling Vince that he's not going to let Roman/Cena leech off of him and he should be the companies biggest face because he's at a point where they need him more than he needs them.

The whole thing reeks so much of what Punk says he went through.

tm24

I can vouch for this. There is a girl at work who fucking loves Total Divas and didn't really watch much wrestling before. She loves Bryan.

My best friend who acknowledges that wrestling is a thing that is dumb loves TD. She also loves Dance Moms and Cat from hell and those types of shows. Loves Bryan, thinks Nattie should just stop talking.

Kacho

Gold Member
Perfect Rumble finish is Bryan and Reigns as the last two. Bryan eliminates Reigns and erases all the ill-will people have against him.

I'm so hoping for this. It would be best for both guys going forward. If Reigns win there will be so much resentment from fans IMO.

I really don't think Reigns makes it to the final 2 again, but I also don't think there's any shot of him winning.

If you put him in the final 2, you risk putting him in that 'always the bridesmaid, never the bride' role that Lex Luger loved so much

El patron has entered the temple!!!

B7mdnHyCYAAAs3A.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/556649333094105089?s=09

Kacho

Gold Member
Just watched the movie Cheap Thrills. I recommend it if you haven't seen it. Fun movie. The Guest was meh.

Alberto was in such a rut in WWE. Its nice to see him enjoying himself now. Everything he has done since leaving has had that extra bit of giving a shit he has lacked in the E and it shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lol, I was referring to cert and such, hence the boring part. Even if you do what they did and just bring it over whole hog, it still costs money to get it rated and distributed over here.

But ya I hope the Dudleys get a final run, they've been gone for 10 years and both are ridiculously good right now

Edit: Jesus christ Man God you played it 4 times?!

I've put around 350 hours into the game, yeah. Didn't play it at all last year or the year before. Will drop everything to play it again in April.

strobogo

Banned
Not even New Japan?

Even NJPW is only half of a good product. Nothing before intermission matters in the slightest and hasn't since the 90s. Just a bunch of meaningless multi man tags to get people on the card. Especially when it comes to juniors tags. Fuck. How many times can you run Young Bucks vs Time Spitters vs Forever Hooligans combos?

Alucard

Banned
I'm okay with Bryan not winning the Rumble this year. Honestly, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for the rest of their booking until Mania, and Bryan would have to have a short reign as champ with Seth NEEDING to win the belt at either the Rumble or shortly after Mania with a cash-in on Bryan.

Bryan winning would mean he'd either:

-beat Brock at Mania but only have a 3-4 month reign before a Rollins cash-in
-face Rollins at Mania...which isn't happening
-beat Brock, beat Rollins, which makes Rollins look weak

My preferred Mania card with long-term booking in mind is...

-Reigns vs. Rollins (brother vs. brother with Rollins as champ since the Rumble)
-Bryan vs. Brock (no belt needed)
-Cena and Hogan vs. Rusev and Putin
-HHH vs. Sting
-Kidd and Cesaro vs. who cares (K+C as champs)
-Barrett vs. Ziggler
-Ambrose vs. Big Show (why not)
-Sheamus vs. Harper vs. Ryback (somehow)
-Charlotte vs. Divas champ

...or something

Alucard

Banned
Even NJPW is only half of a good product. Nothing before intermission matters in the slightest and hasn't since the 90s. Just a bunch of meaningless multi man tags to get people on the card. Especially when it comes to juniors tags. Fuck. How many times can you run Young Bucks vs Time Spitters vs Forever Hooligans combos?

What do you regularly watch and enjoy?

Mostly agree on New Japan btw. The high amount of tag matches kills me at times.

No way they are changing course on Reigns.

This is Rock versus Cena 2 levels of "we made our mind up on this a year ago and aint changing shit" booking.

At this point its all about who he will fight and will they take the belt from Brock before then since he is jumping back to UFC after WM? Push Brock down the card out of the title picture?

With the network floundering does the WWE have the balls to go with a stinker like Reigns versus Cena even when no one wants it? Maybe make it a 3 way somehow? Maybe keep Brock as the 3rd man who gets pinned so Cena doesnt have to take a loss?

I've put around 350 hours into the game, yeah. Didn't play it at all last year or the year before. Will drop everything to play it again in April.

I've got 438 hours on my New Leaf game. >_>

I've never played Xenoblade, but I've had it since it launched. Should I wait for the 3DS one or play it on Wii?

Alucard

Banned
No way they are changing course on Reigns.

This is Rock versus Cena 2 levels of "we made our mind up on this a year ago and aint changing shit" booking.

At this point its all about who he will fight and will they take the belt from Brock before then since he is jumping back to UFC after WM? Push Brock down the card out of the title picture?

With the network floundering does the WWE have the balls to go with a stinker like Reigns versus Cena even when no one wants it? Maybe make it a 3 way somehow? Maybe keep Brock as the 3rd man who gets pinned so Cena doesnt have to take a loss?

Reigns winning is best for business. I've accepted it. You should too. As long as Cena isn't champ coming out of the Rumble, it makes sense. And I feel like Rollins NEEDS to get the belt at the Rumble, but I'm not sure if the WWE would let Reigns and Rollins main event Mania. Would be a bold move.

Reigns winning is best for business. I've accepted it. You should too. As long as Cena isn't champ coming out of the Rumble, it makes sense. And I feel like Rollins NEEDS to get the belt at the Rumble, but I'm not sure if the WWE would let Reigns and Rollins main event Mania. Would be a bold move.

Does the belt necessarily need to be in the main event?

Why couldn't Bryan vs Lesnar be the main event without the belt?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got 438 hours on my New Leaf game. >_>

I've never played Xenoblade, but I've had it since it launched. Should I wait for the 3DS one or play it on Wii?

No one knows for sure yet but the safe bet is on Wii,

It's going to look better on the Wii and so far they haven't mentioned anything game changing about it yet. We'll know more in two months.

I'm about that portable life though so this is a dream come true.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I'm on board with Bryan being the face of Smackdown and that show gaining some traction and beating Raw in the ratings.

...and Bryan winning the Rumble in 2016.

Alucard

Banned
Does the belt necessarily need to be in the main event?

Why couldn't Bryan vs Lesnar be the main event without the belt?

While they're trying to make Reigns "the guy"? No way. The final images of Mania will be Reigns celebrating in the ring amidst confetti and fireworks.

JavyOO7

New Leaf is great. Probably the major fix that must be done is multi-player. I'd like for my friends to enter and leave my village immediately as they wish. It has to be seamless, really.

I have Xenoblade for Wii and may get it for 3DS though I did not beat the Wii version yet. Maybe I should just play and finish the Wii version though. There's still a few games in 3DS land that I haven't bought yet... Luigi's Mansion 2... Fantasy Life... Bravely Default... New Super Mario Bros 2... etc. I'm sure an indie title or two as well.

While they're trying to make Reigns "the guy"? No way. The final images of Mania will be Reigns celebrating in the ring amidst confetti and fireworks.

I feel like the crowd at Mania would turn Rollins babyface if the main event was Reigns vs Rollins. Reigns would get heavily booed imo. Just for the fact that DB isn't in the main event.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fantasy Life saved my goddamn soul this fall. I was jonesing for World of Warcraft so bad when all I really wanted in my life was crafting, and Fantasy Life will scratch any itch one has for vidja game crafting.

Alucard

Banned
New Leaf is great. Probably the major fix that must be done is multi-player. I'd like for my friends to enter and leave my village immediately as they wish. It has to be seamless, really.

I have Xenoblade for Wii and may get it for 3DS though I did not beat the Wii version yet. Maybe I should just play and finish the Wii version though. There's still a few games in 3DS land that I haven't bought yet... Luigi's Mansion 2... Fantasy Life... Bravely Default... New Super Mario Bros 2... etc. I'm sure an indie title or two as well.

Can someone fill me in on the new DS? I still haven't played any games for the current DS. I have Fire Emblem and wanna get Bravely Default. Is there another new system coming so soon?

strobogo

Banned
What do you regularly watch and enjoy?

Mostly agree on New Japan btw. The high amount of tag matches kills me at times.

Nothing right now. Despite so many options, wrestling is in a rut right now. NJ has a great upper card, but their roster is small so you get a ton of rematches. Okada/Tanahashi was really good, but they've had like 8 matches in the past 2-3 years. WWE proper is 100% boring as shit and uninteresting as can be even with Bryan returning. NXT has been boring since the last special. If it isn't women matches or the main event core of Neville/Tyson/Sami/Steen/Devitt, it usually isn't worth watching. Sick to shit of goober Baron Corbin and his squashes. Sick to shit of of the Vaudvillains and Lucha Dragons. Kenta has been a huge bust of Sin Cara levels. Loltna. Indie shit in general is trash, so that rules out ROH, PWG, LU, and whatever snuff shows Bootaaay can find that take place in a 200 year old pub deep in Europe.

Vylash

Can someone fill me in on the new DS? I still haven't played any games for the current DS. I have Fire Emblem and wanna get Bravely Default. Is there another new system coming so soon?

it's a 3DS revision with more power and a slightly different design, there will be games for it (like Xenoblade) that can only run on that 3DS model and not older ones

This is the one, Cure. This is the one they don't fuck up. Really. This is the women's wrestler they treat like a legit badass who can take on anyone. Really.

Wasn't that literally Paige's gimmick throughout NXT? Then she debuted as a rookie with no confidence who got fluke wins.

strobogo

Banned
Basically what I'm saying is wrestling is stupid and a few weeks away from it to recharge instead reinforced that it is stupid and the quality of life went up while not watching it.

Fuck wrestling. Fuck all y'all.

Alucard

Banned
Nothing right now. Despite so many options, wrestling is in a rut right now. NJ has a great upper card, but their roster is small so you get a ton of rematches. Okada/Tanahashi was really good, but they've had like 8 matches in the past 2-3 years. WWE proper is 100% boring as shit and uninteresting as can be even with Bryan returning. NXT has been boring since the last special. If it isn't women matches or the main event core of Neville/Tyson/Sami/Steen/Devitt, it usually isn't worth watching. Sick to shit of goober Baron Corbin and his squashes. Sick to shit of of the Vaudvillains and Lucha Dragons. Kenta has been a huge bust of Sin Cara levels. Loltna. Indie shit in general is trash, so that rules out ROH, PWG, LU, and whatever snuff shows Bootaaay can find that take place in a 200 year old pub deep in Europe.

Well, at least we agree on some things.

-WWE puts me to sleep. Love Bryan but was "meh" on his Smackdown return matches. Good promos by him lately, though
-NXT's weekly show is super hit or miss
-TNA is pretty much dead to me outside of listening to people bitch about it on podcasts for my entertainment

The only stuff worth watching right now, for me, is LU, NJPW, and some of ROH. LU is easily the most consistently great weekly wrestling show, top to bottom. Never a dull moment, plus Konnan.gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom